User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2006, 12:08 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Waiting for a trainer!

I passed my dot physical and am now waiting for my drug test to come back(should be no problem) I will get my test info back Wed this week! So I am wondering how long does it typically take for your trainer to come in? Oh yea I decided to go with Crete based out of their terminal in Cheyenne. Take Care
Old 10-11-2007, 03:26 AM

hey there!

Well, it just depends on what you requested. I asked for a female nonsmoker and wound up waiting for two weeks. I ended up with a female trainer, but she made me feel really uncomfortable. She talked to me like I was mentally handicapped, and after less than a day, it was obvious that she wanted to get with a driver that we were hanging out with. They wound up partying and spending the night together. She wasn't in our room (we were rooming together) the next morning, and when front desk did room checks (yes, they knocked on each door in the trucking company's wing to see if we were in our rooms) I said neither my roommate nor her stuff was in the room, and that was all I was going to say. I knew EXACTLY where she was.

So I am back home, but I need to get back to the hotel (two hours away) in order for them to get a trainer to me. I'd much rather wait at home for a trainer, but it's not going to happen. Right now, I'm dealing with creditors calling me, and I can only afford to pay some of my bills, and since I'm single, I'm going to have to write down the addresses and billing dates for the bills so I can keep at least some of them current while I'm away.

But I think I may give myself a time limit. This next round, if I have to wait more than three weeks for a female trainer, I'm going to another company. A trucker I know who is still in the biz is not fond of this particular company, and is trying to steer me somewhere else. I don't like to give up easily, but I wonder if sometimes leaving this company might save me from further problems.

Good luck! I think we might both need it.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:58 AM
Senior Board Member

Why limit yourself to a female trainer? Whats wrong with a male trainer with a high livel of company seniority and therefore a good track record?
Personally I'd rather go with a guy.