Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Grads From Central Tech Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roco
Please' give your thoughts about everything staff equipment concern for
students Thanks.
Roco,

The difference between a "Good" training program and a truly "Exceptional" training program is very well demonstrated at Central Tech. I have just graduated and can tell you Central Tech has been rated the top facility in the country for very good reasons. The equipment is well maintained. The on site range is well designed and offers almost every possible driving condition a range can offer (see their WEB site for a picture). Their off campus driving routes provide a very wide range of real world driving conditions. Their emphasis is on training safe and responsible drivers.

But above all, their staff is simply phenomenal!! The experience level of instructors and staff is very high! Each and every one of them carries the attitude and dedication to make sure you succeed! THIS IS NOT A CDL MILL SCHOOL!! If you perform your part of the learning process and if you demonstrate that you are a responsible and safe driver they will do everything they can to make sure you pass their stringent requirements. They truly care about their students and our success in the program.

If you would like any detailed information or have specific questions feel free to PM me.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:22 PM
Rookie
Default Re: Grads From Central Tech Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roco
Please' give your thoughts about everything staff equipment concern for
students Thanks.
Roco,

The difference between a "Good" training program and a truly "Exceptional" training program is very well demonstrated at Central Tech. I have just graduated and can tell you Central Tech has been rated the top facility in the country for very good reasons. The equipment is well maintained. The on site range is well designed and offers almost every possible driving condition a range can offer (see their WEB site for a picture). Their off campus driving routes provide a very wide range of real world driving conditions. Their emphasis is on training safe and responsible drivers.

But above all, their staff is simply phenomenal!! The experience level of instructors and staff is very high! Each and every one of them carries the attitude and dedication to make sure you succeed! THIS IS NOT A CDL MILL SCHOOL!! If you perform your part of the learning process and if you demonstrate that you are a responsible and safe driver they will do everything they can to make sure you pass their stringent requirements. They truly care about their students and our success in the program.

If you would like any detailed information or have specific questions feel free to PM me.

YEAH! What he said.LOL

I graduated from there last may, and agree with all the above mentioned. It definatly gave me the jump start I needed to get my start in trucking, and I would highly recomend the school to any one interested. BOL

Sentinel, out of curiousity who'd you have for an instructor?
Old 11-15-2006, 02:45 AM

Eagle131rodeocowboy,

My primary instructor was Mr. Olinghouse. However, I did receive additional instruction under Mr. Rogers and of course road and range evaluations and training from others. It would be hard to single out any one instructor at Central Tech as the best because, quite frankly, they are all excellent instructors!! I've had interaction with just about all, if not all, instructors.

The entire staff at Central Tech really did reaffirm my belief that there really are excellent training programs still being offered today. This may sound like a commercial for Central Tech but I am certainly very happy with my experience with the program there as are all of the other students I interacted with.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:47 AM
Rookie

Olinghouse did my cdl drive test and my first solo road test. I had Mr. Brown for my class instructor, He was awesome, but from my experience all the instructors were very informative and quite easy to get along with.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:10 AM
Senior Board Member

I'm in the mist of going to Central Tech right now. It's been more than 5 yrs since I've driven so I have to be re-certified before heading for CFI. There's many reasons why this school has been rated #1 school around. There's no way their going to pass a student just to get them through school.

The students in class went through their CDL driving test this past week. A few students didn't pass the test because of stupid mistakes ~ example ~ one student did great on their driving part of the test ... up shifting / down shifting / proper lane changing / correct speed / Pre Trip inspection ~ pointing out everything that must be checked each time before driving / air break inspection ... but this student wasn't able to perform a 90 degree backing .... so they flunked the test. ... Now this student will be permitted to retake the test after the holidays - before we graduate. ... Central Tech has high standards for their students and will do everything in their power to help you achieve the level of confidence and ability that's needed to start a career in the trucking profession.

It's not an easy school to get through, but once a student graduates ... all companies know that you were properly educated.

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 12-14-2006, 05:17 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by for4roses
I'm in the mist of going to Central Tech right now. It's been more than 5 yrs since I've driven so I have to be re-certified before heading for CFI. There's many reasons why this school has been rated #1 school around. There's no way their going to pass a student just to get them through school.

The students in class went through their CDL driving test this past week. A few students didn't pass the test because of stupid mistakes ~ example ~ one student did great on their driving part of the test ... up shifting / down shifting / proper lane changing / correct speed / Pre Trip inspection ~ pointing out everything that must be checked each time before driving / air break inspection ... but this student wasn't able to perform a 90 degree backing .... so they flunked the test. ... Now this student will be permitted to retake the test after the holidays - before we graduate. ... Central Tech has high standards for their students and will do everything in their power to help you achieve the level of confidence and ability that's needed to start a career in the trucking profession.

It's not an easy school to get through, but once a student graduates ... all companies know that you were properly educated.

Did this guy ever pass??

How did you do?

were there any females there?

I start Jan 17th

tootie