User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2006, 02:58 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default EVER HEAR OF TCE IN Minnesota

Just wondering about Minnesota transportation for excellence its a trucking school in eagan MN. Anyone heard of them?
Old 10-14-2006, 06:26 PM

I just finished week 1 at TCE. The class is well structured. They want to teach you the basics, then get your permit. In the first week, I got my DOT physical and my CDL permit. We rode in a bobtail on Thursday. Friday, I had a chance to back the truck up to a trailer.

One of the trainers took us for a spin around the neighborhood on Friday afternoon and he pointed out mistakes that some of the profession drivers were doing. One professional trucker was in the left lane on a 4 lande road and decided he wanted to take a right hand turn from a full stop at the intersection! We were approaching in the right lane to make the turn. Our trainer had held back so we were not clipped.

On Monday, I will riding a bobtail around the warehouse districts of Saint Paul and Minneapolis with a trainer. After I am comfortable with the truck, I will start hauling a 48' trailer, then a 53'. The backing techniques will be taught in week 3. And highway driving in the 4th week. The last day of class will be a one hour warm up with the trainer and then a trip to the DMV to take the road test to get the CDL licence. If someone fails, they keep working and try again the following week.

my truck photos at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jbenson...7600014142203/