User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Square trade sucks

We bought my son a laptop computer at best buy and purchased a square trade warranty, recently the computer stopped working, we called square trade and over the phone without even seeing it, they said it was abused, we took it to a local shop and the guy said it was NOT abused it has internal problems, we sent it to square trade and they just sent it back and said they wont fix it, because it has been abused , BEWARE, THESE PEOPLE ARE CROOKS!!
Old 01-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Board Icon

Best Buy conned me with one of their "service plans" many years ago on a portable TV. Eventually, it stopped working, and it turned out to have a cracked circuit board. They pulled the "abuse" claim on me as well, because it had rub marks on the side of the case from where it had been strapped in the truck. A portable TV is apparently abused when you use it in a portable fashion. That's the last time I ever got suckered into an extended warranty at a big box chain.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
Best Buy conned me with one of their "service plans" many years ago on a portable TV. Eventually, it stopped working, and it turned out to have a cracked circuit board. They pulled the "abuse" claim on me as well, because it had rub marks on the side of the case from where it had been strapped in the truck. A portable TV is apparently abused when you use it in a portable fashion. That's the last time I ever got suckered into an extended warranty at a big box chain.
walmart has a no questions asked extended warranty, we bought a new laptop there. they give you a blank gift card and it states on the policy that if the unit cant be fixed, they credit the purchase price on to your gift card, it also states that it is covered for any reason, even abuse, it was 99 dollars for 3 years, not a bad deal/
Old 01-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Senior Board Member

I am not one to buy the extended warranties, but I have used Best Buy's 30 day return policy with no questions asked. I went through several Bluetooth ear pieces trying to find one that suited me.

Agreed, Walmart has an excellent customer service program!!!
Old 01-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog View Post
walmart has a no questions asked extended warranty, we bought a new laptop there. they give you a blank gift card and it states on the policy that if the unit cant be fixed, they credit the purchase price on to your gift card, it also states that it is covered for any reason, even abuse, it was 99 dollars for 3 years, not a bad deal/
If it covers abuse, I'd wait until there was about 1 month left on the warranty and smash it. Take it back and get a brand new item.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86 View Post
If it covers abuse, I'd wait until there was about 1 month left on the warranty and smash it. Take it back and get a brand new item.
what goes around comes around, I prefer to be honest.