User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default load bars

Is there any place online where I can purchase good quality load bars? My company issues them but they are crappy quality & not really portable. I was looking for some that I can adjust the tension, also do they have any load bars that have those wings/flaps on them so that they can support more weight evenly? I purchased some at Pilot but they do not let you adjust the tension but an inch.

I need this for hauling milk to grocery stores, they are placed in crates and stacked 5 high. Oh ya, I have spilled about 11 pallets already so far ops: :sad:

thanks
Old 07-13-2007, 11:40 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: load bars

We use shoring beams in the concert trucking industry, as well as rachet straps, a lot of my loads are 2 or 3 high, and in combination with straps, they're great if your trailer has a lot of E-track.

http://www.uscargocontrol.com/92shor...103-p-152.html
Old 07-14-2007, 12:34 AM

Actually, I don't think we have any trailers with E-track. That would be too easy. I looked at that site and it only has the round tube load bar which I've seen in truck stops already.

thanks
Old 07-14-2007, 02:14 AM
Senior Board Member

http://www.shippers-mall.com/kinedyne_home_page.aspx

Is that what you are looking for. 3rd one down in the load lock section.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:48 AM
Senior Board Member

I wish I hadn't read this thread. I'm about to cry. I actually miss E-track and load locks, and having to secure my cargo of delicate furniture so it doesn't get smashed, and looking out for my company's bottom line, and my profit sharing.

I just had a little flashback montage of all the time I spent in a trailer doing this very thing, for Maureen and John and Rocky and Phil and Heather (gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous GORGEOUS GORGEOUS HEATHER OMG!!!!!) and Darryl and Marco and Tyrone and most of all, Beth.

Damn, getting laid off sucks.

(I miss Heather, especially. She used to wear white Daisy Dukes with no panties underneath, and flappy tops that let her upper attributes breathe, and be viewed unobstructed from just the right angle. That girl almost got me divorced. Almost.)

Um. Gosh. As far as load locks, I think these ones

http://www.shippers-mall.com/detail.aspx?ID=473

are similar to the ones I used to like the best. The round ones bend too much, and don't have enough grip on the trailer walls. The ones with hoops look like a good idea, but they're really a pain in the ass in the field.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:52 AM
Board Regular

Haha, well sorry to have brought back such good memories, silvan. You may say that we're spoiled having Xtra Lease trailers with E-track every 12-18" inches....

but if you look at our loads, everything is stacked 2-high or more... the trailer gets stupidly packed... if we didn't have it, we'd be screwed.

The 2 load bars that we do own that applies compression to the wall rails don't really see to do much. Pretty much what MoneyCat had said... is it normal for them to only push out an inch or so, or is it that I'm just used to strapping things down ridiculously tight?
Old 08-05-2007, 01:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Try putting the load bar with the spring on top. Put the bar in roof hole first, then push up and put bar in floor. They will guarantee not to bounce out. They are actually designed to be used that way.