User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Computer controlled... automated... brakes?

I've heard of a lot of stupid sh*t the office flackeys we keep fed and living indoors come up with but this takes the cake.

While helping another driver i noticed the flatbed next to me with short coils on pallets.. one of the stacks broke free, sliced a strap in half and collapsed forward
Now ignoring my critical thoughts of his securement.. i asked what happened..
He said his truck has an electronic brake system that locks him down. 'anticollision system' i guess. So a woman jumps in front of him (god i want to punch people who do that to me) and BAM it locks him down.
Now imagine that with a suicide coil about 8am when those chains you tightened at 4am in the cold start to warm up.

Ive heard of and seen some stupid sh*t but wow..
Old 04-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Board Regular

oh yeah, one of the "great" new inventions. Mine will brake when it sees the shadow from an overpass. In addition to when I get cut off, in a left hand curve when it thinks I am going to hit the people in the right hand lane, a bird sitting in the road........and the list goes on and on.

I was informed that it is safe to have on the truck and I am apparently making all this up.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Senior Board Member

There are different systems out there but the one on my was set up perfectly. Till I hit a deer after that anytime I was passing a car that was slowing down in the get off lane the truck wouls suddenly brake HARD! It has take awhile but I've got it aimed almost perfect again. I've just been adjusting the (don't know what to call it) a little at a time. Good luck!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington