User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2012, 05:36 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default FS2500 Bypass filter installed

Put on a FS2500 bypass filter this last weekend after changing oil for the first time in my new FL glider truck. Install took about 1.5 hrs (had a short break in there). There are a lot of good brands of bypass out there, as well as the Spinner II, but I chose this one primarily because everything that is needed for the install is included and it make it virtually a "plug and play" kind of setup. Kit included all the fittings (very good quality ones), stainless steel braided tubing (cut to exact fit). The unit is very well made. The hardest part of the install, though not that bad, was the drilling of the frame rail to mount it. May not be the brand that some would pick, but if you want a good unit that is easy to install and you don't have to be an ASE certified mechanic to do the job, then this is it. Not the cheapest unit, but when you figure that many other unit installs can turn into a Popular Mechanics type of project and you have to waste time tracking down the right fittings, cutting hose to right length and then attaching connectors, electrical or air hookups, etc, the cost of this unit makes up for the hassle. Unless one just gets a kick out of reinventing the wheel type of projects.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:36 AM

Thanks for that info. I've been thinking of putting a bypass filter on too, but it's not in the near budget. A review after it's been on your truck several months would be appreciated.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:33 AM
Senior Board Member

I will do that. Once I get some samples run and finally figure out where I want to set my oil changes, I'll post it.