User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2007, 01:19 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Any assistance, greatly appreciated

I am looking at Pete 379's with C15 and 13 speed.

Hauling a 47' enclosed parking lot that will hold 3 2700 lb cars, a crash cart, tools, and two scooters. The haul schedule always starts in Dallas and goes to Canada (twice), California (twice), New Jersey, Florida, and Georgia. All in all I think the total for the season is 12,000 miles. Not a lot I know, but looking for a reliable mill and tranny set up. I need a sleeping birth and so far from what I have seen the 379 suits us well.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan

ps. The runs are from Dallas to track and back.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Rookie

ALSO.....

If we went the route of used trucks, What are the things we should be looking for?
I have a feeling that standing in front of a truck and thinking "is this thing gonna make it to Canada and back?" isn't all I should be concerned about.

Most of the used tractors I have seen have somewhere between 500 and 750K on the meter. Some have overhauls with Cat warranties.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:35 AM

Too much for your application, probably could pull it with a dually. What kind of budget?

Trukz - A trucking simulation game www.trukz.com
Old 12-19-2007, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickTurbo
ALSO.....

If we went the route of used trucks, What are the things we should be looking for?
I have a feeling that standing in front of a truck and thinking "is this thing gonna make it to Canada and back?" isn't all I should be concerned about.

Most of the used tractors I have seen have somewhere between 500 and 750K on the meter. Some have overhauls with Cat warranties.
Man that is one badass Buick. I've always been impressed by the G.Spts. at the strip.
About the hauler.You'll probably only do about 40k or less miles annually right? I've bought new the last two times so I might be speaking out of turn here. A Cat with 500k is just about worry free IF the previous owner maintained it properly.THEN you must consider the truck itself,was it in tough vocation (offroad dump,tanker) and was it taken care of? When I've looked at used trucks I was AMAZED at how a truck can be trashed inside of 2yrs.
I've always been of the mindset that one should get more truck than you need, on your way to Canada next summer do you want to be struggling up hills,overheating or be saying "glad I got more truck than I need"?
Have you considered leasing? There are tax advantages,nationwide support,ect.,plus you don't have to worry about getting rid of the truck if the team folds.
In your signature you mention, "Soon to be OTR with Ferrari", so is this discussion even necessary? I'd guess they have a transportation dept. where the word "BUDGET" is never mentioned.