User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2007, 12:30 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Lube?

I purchased a truck that has a lincoln quick lube on it can anyone tell me where to get grease for it and how do they work it? and do they work good? Also how often should I change the oil and lube the drive train. Also it has air ride I do not know much about air ride should it go down by the next day? Do they lose air that fast and is that normal?

Thanks for the help
Old 04-07-2007, 02:07 AM
Senior Board Member

I have only driven one truck that had an auto lube system on it and boy was it nice.

Your first step should be to goto your favorite mechanic and talk to him about the system and learn it head to toe or get the part number off it and goto their website and download the owners manual. The one I used automatically lubed every 10 hours or something and it had a button to force it if you needed too. You should be able to goto most any truck dealer and they would know what lube to put in it and where to get it as these are OEM installed most all of the time. You should also go over the truck with a fine tooth comb to make sure it gets grease to all the important parts. I like to lube my truck once a week as it gives me a chance to catch problems early.

Oil change interval really depends on what you are doing. In alot of dust or the amount of idling will really change your interval alot. There are several on here who can answer your oil change interval alot better than me but knowing the engine and application would help them answer your question.

Air ride should not go down overnight unless it is windy outside. The wind rocking your truck back and forth can drain the air off overnight. Otherwise you have a problem. A little bit of quality time with soapy water should help you find any leak you might have.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Senior Board Member

i change oil every 12-14 thou. as far as lube i do along with oil change. i found something strange.. years ago i changed a u joint, no reason. just thought i should replace all. after changing one, a mechanic told me not to change unless needed. well as it turns out since i changed that one. it is the only one that requires more grease than all the other ones that are original. after 14 thou mi the old ones require 2 pumps to lube. the new one 4. go figure.