User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2007, 02:02 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Any good Detroit shops in the Northeast?

I've stopped by a couple Detroit shops up here to try to get my DDECIII ECM printed out as I might want/need to change some settings but first want to know what the present setting are and they all look at me like I have two heads :shock: - they can't understand why I would possibly want that! What a bunch of idiots they are up here :roll: . Anybody know of a good shop in CT, MA, RI, NJ, Southern NY, or Eastern PA? My motor is a '95 11.1L that started out life as a 325/350hp but as it pulls almost as well as our just rebuilt 470hp I would like to find out what was done to it! I also am adding a Pacbrake exhaust brake to it I got cheap and need to verify that the ECM is set up for it - may need to just switch it on if it has the right program loaded or maybe reflash it if not I'm told? Gotta tell yah - maybe I should quit driving and open a shop - the truck butchers up here wouldn't be hard to be better than :shock: - unbelievable the crappy work I've seen!
Old 03-08-2007, 12:30 AM
Board Regular

:sad: Guess not... :sad:
Old 03-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Any good Detroit shops in the Northeast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadranger
I've stopped by a couple Detroit shops up here to try to get my DDECIII ECM printed out as I might want/need to change some settings but first want to know what the present setting are and they all look at me like I have two heads :shock: - they can't understand why I would possibly want that! What a bunch of idiots they are up here :roll: . Anybody know of a good shop in CT, MA, RI, NJ, Southern NY, or Eastern PA? My motor is a '95 11.1L that started out life as a 325/350hp but as it pulls almost as well as our just rebuilt 470hp I would like to find out what was done to it! I also am adding a Pacbrake exhaust brake to it I got cheap and need to verify that the ECM is set up for it - may need to just switch it on if it has the right program loaded or maybe reflash it if not I'm told? Gotta tell yah - maybe I should quit driving and open a shop - the truck butchers up here wouldn't be hard to be better than :shock: - unbelievable the crappy work I've seen!

you will need someone with a programming station to redesignate inptu/output pins... and obviously the dash controls, hardware, and circuits/connectivity

what type of info are you expecting to see in an ecm printout that will explain the "over-power" condition?
Old 03-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob h
what type of info are you expecting to see in an ecm printout that will explain the "over-power" condition?
Whether it "thinks" it is a 11.1L or 12.7L, horsepower and torque settings, injector calibration numbers?
Old 03-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob h
Whether it "thinks" it is a 11.1L or 12.7L, horsepower and torque settings, injector calibration numbers?
that's some "easy to find" info. maybe the issue is the printout?, some shops are not wired to a network printer. and, if they use a scan tool, printouts might be complicated (or impossible) to deliver ...

... just ask them to see the info while they're connected? that will only require a total of a few minutes
Old 03-09-2007, 12:13 AM
Board Regular

Shops up here want you to make an appointment several days in advance for a stupid little 30 minute job like this and really don't even want to bother with an "unnecessary" job like this :evil: . The nearest shop is 45 minutes away from my terminal and I really don't want to waste fuel making a special trip if I can avoid it - but I've been blown off or worse when I've stopped in when passing by with an hour or two available :sad: .