User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2006, 11:57 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Saving fuel

Just wondering if anyone has any personal, well documented improvement in fuel milage with any of these "bolt on" devises such as the so called "turbo d" or like items.

Just finished a coast to coast run with my Frieghliner classis, 3406E. Overall fuel milage for the run was 6.6, which I'm very pleased with, but could always be better!
Old 11-21-2006, 01:29 PM
Board Icon
Default Re: Saving fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpersons
Just wondering if anyone has any personal, well documented improvement in fuel milage with any of these "bolt on" devises such as the so called "turbo d" or like items.

Just finished a coast to coast run with my Frieghliner classis, 3406E. Overall fuel milage for the run was 6.6, which I'm very pleased with, but could always be better!
The only bolt on devices that I have found to work are the turbo wings that go on top of the sleeper.

Anything that bolts onto the engine is likely "snake oil", as the technology has never been proven. If they really did work, they would be installed OEM.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:47 AM
Rookie
Default Snake oil

Ethos Fuel Re-Formulator has millions of road tested miles and is saving fleets 10-15% and more. I'll gladly e-mail you some testamonials or you can go to the site for yourself. www.ethosfr4u.com. This "snake oil" has proven itself.
email me if you want some specific info.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:44 AM
Senior Board Member

I've never seen solid proof that these things really work. I've heard a few drivers talk about it, but when you ask a few questions, you get a clear picture that these drivers don't really use proper records for comparison.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:02 AM
Rookie
Default A testamonial

This comes from the 2nd largest trash hauler in the US. :
Does Ethos FR work?

This is the very most important question to ask, for if it doesn’t, nothing else matters. Jerry Schnitzius, General Manager of the San Diego area operation of Allied Waste Services came to the meeting and told us of his company’s experience with Ethos FR. Being a trained mechanic, he said there is no such thing as "a miracle in a can," and it wasn’t until Enrique De Vilmorin’s 7th visit that he consented to allow Enrique to put some of that stuff in one of his trucks. And when he finally did, he made him put it in an old truck that was about ready to go to the junkyard. Ethos FR immediately reduced the opacity (blackness of exhaust smoke) from 80 to 20. Opacity is one of the most important tests on diesel engines in California. Still not convinced, they tested it on more trucks for six months (totally at Ethos FR’s expense) before giving the go ahead to put it in all trucks within Jerry’s operations. Since 2000, the average opacity for the entire fleet, is approximately 10, they won the Earth-Day award in the community for reducing pollution and harmful emissions by 500 tons per year.

Most importantly, to a huge publicly traded company, they have saved $34 million in fuel consumption in 6 years. The employees now use Ethos in their personal vehicles and Jerry said, "If it doesn’t work, it’s because you don’t use it." They put Ethos FR in the fuel, crankcases and transmissions of all their trucks. The decision has been made to use Ethos FR by Allied in Texas and soon across the nation by all Allied operations.

Allied Waste Services the second largest waste management company in the U.S. and is currently burning about 2 million gallons of fuel per day. Do you honestly believe they would continue spending millions of dollars per year for a product that doesn’t work?

Ethos Environmental has been around for 10 years but they just started marketing to the general public this past April through a new company called 4-E corp.
The stock symbol for Ethos Environmental, Inc. has been released and ETEV is the new symbol.
Check out this information: http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=ETEV.OB or http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/061115/108910.html
We are in 19 countries and growing.
I hope this helps. The product works or they wouldn't have over $100 million in sales.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:13 PM

No Bill, it doesn't cut the mustard.

Because that so called Testimonial came from you! Not Allied Trash haulers.

If your product is so good, send me a case or two, I keep excellent records of everything that goes in or goes on my truck. If it does as you claim, I'll pay you double your normal asking price....

Put up or shutup!
Old 11-24-2006, 12:17 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Saving fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpersons

The only bolt on devices that I have found to work are the turbo wings that go on top of the sleeper.

Anything that bolts onto the engine is likely "snake oil", as the technology has never been proven. If they really did work, they would be installed OEM.
Amen Rev.

If these products were proven to reduce fuel consumption and lower emissions... wouldn't they be enforced into diesel fuel additive packages by the EPA?

Engine manufacturers are spending zillions of dollars in all aspects of internal combustion engine technologies to reduce emissions, often the result is (ironically enough) decreased fuel mileage... it's a teeter-totter that is near impossible to get control of.

Then, we see adds pushing this crap that claims to do everything the EPA is after... and MORE!!!
Old 11-24-2006, 12:19 PM
Rookie

alright, let's work something out. email me at [email protected]. I'll need some info about your truck. fuel tank size and that type of info.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:20 PM
Rookie

Please Bill.
Don´t use this board to market your SHI$.
Don´t try to take our hard work money.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
fuel tank size

What does tank capacity have to do with MPG????