Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Arrow Trucking (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/36975-arrow-trucking.html)

dewercs2 04-19-2009 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tootie04 (Post 446900)
I just used a note book and put in there...

load #
date
from-to
tarp (yes or no)
paid miles
actual miles
fuel (lease truck)
how much the load paid
tolls ect stuff to be re-paid by the company

we were in a lease truck so keeping careful records paid off several times....even after Arrow.....

I used a notebook just for this reason....of course I rode with Bo all the time so i had plenty of time to keep records. Bo was always in a habit of doing state miles too so I also kept a notebook with beginning miles and then noted fuel stops, state lines, work done on truck and where....ect.

There were SEVERAL times someone used our truck number to get stuff done to their truck....if we didnt watch our settlement sheets we would have lost seveal thousand dollars..I know you dont have to do this but I thought I would mention it anyway :-)

Thanks Tootie,

I kinda do that allready but wanted to get it on the computer. I was thinking about the mileage and stop locations so I could keep a running tally of miles driven a week and month. I tried to do it on the desktop but my wife rescued me and redid the spreadsheet so it would auto calculate. Got it to the laptop but it wont work. XP desktop and Vista laptop....guess they don't work together...:thumbsdown:

jvnd1953 04-19-2009 08:27 PM

I quess I shouldn't have changed the subject so fast on ya'. That is funny:) I've also had paydays like that. I hate the payday after hometime especially. The last one I owed Arrow for my insurance because I made $0. That was after 7 days off so I can't complain. I just arrived in Lamar, Co. I unload in the AM right in the center of town just about. There's a big coal electrical plant there. Anyway, I hope things get better. Vans and reefers are better right now and will be in the future. People always need food. I just hate reefers because of the noise. They are loud from a distance and I can only imagine in a sleeper right next to the unit. About the number of people at orientation, you have to remember only half make it through. That's still a lot though. They used one motel for new people and existing drivers but they found out that most new guys were quitting at orientation because of what the existing drivers were telling them. Now they keep them separated at different motels. I heard that these training companies like Arow, Swift, etc. get some sort of subsidy from the government for each new driver they hire and then when they complete probation. Maybe someone can comment on that. I've also been looking elsewhere because I'm not sure if Arrow will survive. They definetly need a new business plan and I think some better management.

married to the road 04-19-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jvnd1953 (Post 447126)
They used one motel for new people and existing drivers but they found out that most new guys were quitting at orientation because of what the existing drivers were telling them. Now they keep them separated at different motels. .

Did they go back to using two hotels? They used to use the Trade Winds for new hires and Days Inn for existing drivers for a while, but they stopped using the Trade Winds, probably because drivers would go down to the bar and get drunk and act up.

jvnd1953 04-20-2009 05:16 PM

Days Inn for new drivers and I believe a Holiday Inn for existing. Read my previous post for reason.

dewercs2 04-30-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by married to the road (Post 447134)
Did they go back to using two hotels? They used to use the Trade Winds for new hires and Days Inn for existing drivers for a while, but they stopped using the Trade Winds, probably because drivers would go down to the bar and get drunk and act up.

I spoke to a new hire a couple weeks ago. He told me there were 40-45 guys in his class.

jvnd1953 05-04-2009 04:13 AM

A month ago there were about 60 in the class. Only about half complete orientation though. dewercs2, is the closing of the Ontario office effect regional hauls?

jvnd1953 05-06-2009 10:07 PM

I got D/H to Denver to make 4 pickups of lumber. Since the trailer is a steel non-spread I will have to figure out what goes where. 2 of the stops are unkown wieght. I scaled after 3 stops and was fine. Went to the 4th and this was going to be tough. The shipper and I compared my scale ticket and luckily this guy was good. We loaded and I rescaled at gross of 79990. I was 20 lbs over on my drives but this was full tanks. The load went to EL Paso. Unloaded early. D/H to Carlsbad to United Salt. Load wasn't quite ready. Needed heat treated pallets? Oh well. Going to Laredo. When in Laredo they talked about shutting down the border because of the flu. Thank God they didn't or I'd still be there. Got a Sat for 3 days waiting for a load. Got A/C units to Tempe. Did a favor for Bill in the Phoenix terminal by picking some pavers and bringing them to the yard. I quess the regional drivers are very busy:D:D I then got a load of pavers going to Home Depot in San Bernardino, then home for a week. Thank God. Did get some decent checks though. Hey Paul, wgere are you? Drive safe. Paul, did you get your safety bonus? I didn't get mine but I didn't ask for it this time because I hit that pole in January so I really don't deserve it even though Arrow is either unaware of it or letting it pass. It's not on my DAC and Arrow has never mentioned it.

jvnd1953 05-06-2009 10:08 PM

dewercs2, keep listing your runs and if it's not to personal, what they pay. I do read them. Thanks

dewercs2 05-09-2009 09:31 PM

Sorry everyone.... I had a full 4 paragraphs of info that I had typed out but the connection dropped. So when I went to reconnect.... nothing...:pissedoff:

briefly... picked up a loaded trailer in Otay on monday last week. Ran that to Portland, OR. offloaded on wednesday Had directions to remove tarps. When I followed the directions it brought me right into downtown Portland job site. The directions were suppose to be a location that was so I could remove my tarps. :confused: anyway.... I was at site... A crane was used to lift off the windows and up to the top floors. That was pretty cool. That load paid about 423.00

Next load... I DH down to Dillard,Or and loaded lumber which took me to Las Vegas. I was concerned that my hometime request for home on Thursday would be missed. I was in contact with my DM about this :argue::argue::argue::argue:
SO.... I ran this load to Vegas and arrived friday...$250. My next load was for me to grab pavestone and head to San Fernando HD and offload at 10pm:hellno::hellno::pissedoff:
lets see.... I start at 6am...hmmm 10pm wont work with HOS:argue::argue::argue: After a little arguing and QC I am told to take load to house and deliver on Monday.
Arrived at house around 8pm. Hmmmm plans were to be in Laughlin, NV friday morning...:tears: Wife and I didn't get there till 2pm saturday... cuzz had to do laundry... :pissedoff:

SO.... Monday rolls around... Not going to mention how I had to tow my bike back since I wouldn't hold a charge and charging system in acting screwie.... anyway....:angryblue::tears:

Back to monday.... Jump into truck and it wont start...:mad: Tried to jump with my P/up but won't do it...tried to charge from my p/up.. done it before but not this time....:mad: SO... I see a Arrow Line haul driver and he agrees to jump me....

I call Home Depot and tell them going to be late.....call DM... can't use QC not enough juice...

Anyway.... after charging it finally starts... thank line haul guy and run to LA.

Offload... call breakdown and they ok a electrical system check.... cool... run to Ontario TA.... get a load to load tuesday AM in Carson, CA. Im in shop and talking with the guys and watching... shows I have a power drain of about 11.35 to 11.51 volts... Arrow ok's them to search for the drain. fueses are pulled as I watch the volt meter attached to the batteries.... cant find it... isolated it to dash panel though.... They also find that I have a loose shock absorber on L/F steer and a small air leak from the pressure line coming out of the Air compressor... Arrow won't fix.... Figure what the heck I can do myself no worries... released out of shop.:thumbsup: 98.00 bill... Arrow can't pay:hellno::hellno:
Not till 5pm tommorow!:eek1::eek1::eek1: I'm parked and QC to the DM since it's about 9pm....
615am.... Arrow paid good to leave:thumbsup::clap:

I run to Carson and load up.... Soon there are 2 other trucks with me as I secure the load down... we are all running to the same location in Vegas. for a 7am offload. $110

I get rolling and head north... Call breakdown when I remember what happen to DD on his thread going into NV on 15 north....

Breakdown says take into TA and have them look at the loose shock and air leak. :cool: I roll in the guys jump on it.... 3 hrs later... Arrow has paid, Im showered had a meal and running north to Vegas.

after the drop ran back over to Pavestone and back down to LA. $98

next load.... Rancho Cucamonga to Tucson..

DH from Tucson to Phoenix.... load Pavestone and run it home.. Deliver monday AM:)

Monday... delivered... waitied about 1.5hrs.... load in Bloomington (near Rialto) at the train yard. cool....

Start getting phone calls from parents about baseball team at high school and what the coach is and is not doing... parents are getting angry.... want to meet.... I put in for home time.

.....run this load to Deming, NM:thumbsdown: This is not going to be good....... I make the drop on wednesday and get a load... head to Morenci, AZ. cool... heading back into AZ... If us regional guys get to far from home we get sent to places like OK. The load says that it deliveres in Shawnee, OK:eek2:

jvnd1953 05-11-2009 03:10 AM

Darn, dewercs2. They keep you running. You have time to coach a team? Thinking of trying regional. Can always go back to linehaul. Do you know what happened to the office in Ontario? Thanks for taking the time to post your loads and pay.