Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   ((((((IKE)))))) Orangetxguy.......and others in texas (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/35513-ike-orangetxguy-others-texas.html)

GTR SILVER 09-13-2008 03:31 AM

((((((IKE)))))) Orangetxguy.......and others in texas

are prayers are with all of you........stan..please let us know how your doing............peace......... 8)

Orangetxguy 09-13-2008 04:02 AM

Re: ((((((IKE)))))) Orangetxguy.......and others in texas

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR SILVER
are prayers are with all of you........stan..please let us know how your doing............peace......... 8)

I wimped out! :oops: :oops: I'm in a corporate apartment in Lafayette LA. Tropical Storm winds here right now, rain bands passing every half hour or so. Still powered up.

I expect to have one hell of a mess when I get to the house tomorrow afternoon. They are expecting 4 to 8 foot of water in my neighborhood. Streets were beginning to flood when I left at 10AM.

Truck is parked at the terminal lot in Beaumont, north of I-10...so it should ride out the storm ok.

RebelDarlin 09-13-2008 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Quote:

I wimped out! :oops: :oops: I'm in a corporate apartment in Lafayette LA. Tropical Storm winds here right now, rain bands passing every half hour or so. Still powered up.

I expect to have one hell of a mess when I get to the house tomorrow afternoon. They are expecting 4 to 8 foot of water in my neighborhood. Streets were beginning to flood when I left at 10AM.

Truck is parked at the terminal lot in Beaumont, north of I-10...so it should ride out the storm ok.

I wouldn't call that 'wimping out", just playin' it smart. :wink: BOL to ya!

GTR SILVER 09-13-2008 04:08 AM

hey stan.............glad to hear your ok............... hope everything is alright when ya get home....................... :shock: :shock: 8) 8)

"I wouldn't call that 'wimping out", just playin' it smart. BOL to ya!"....ditto... :wink: 8)

2 09-13-2008 05:09 AM

Quote:

Quote:

If the truck is in Beaumont, I would be worried. That ain't far enough inland, I wouldn't think.

Good luck to ya, dude.
Act churlish, when the wind blows...

Orangetxguy 09-13-2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2
Quote:

Quote:

If the truck is in Beaumont, I would be worried. That ain't far enough inland, I wouldn't think.

Good luck to ya, dude.
Act churlish, when the wind blows...

So far the information I have is that the truck raired ok. Story is different for my home. One of the levies failed, and water is pouring into downtown Orange. Gonna run over in a couple hours to see what can be seen. Get some pictures IF possable.

flood 09-13-2008 01:47 PM

hope all is well and that things don't get to tore up. we'er sitting outside carville, la. waiting for the army to tell us ware to go into.

Orangetxguy 09-13-2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flood
hope all is well and that things don't get to tore up. we'er sitting outside carville, la. waiting for the army to tell us ware to go into.

Flood....If your going to be dropping in Orange later today or tomorrow, let me know. I'll swing by and get my "Share" if relief supplies FIRST! I'll bring a couple friends to get their's too!!

marylandkw 09-13-2008 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebelDarlin
I wouldn't call that 'wimping out", just playin' it smart. :wink: BOL to ya!

X2 sounds like a really good idea to me.

devildice 09-13-2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

Ike was expected to throw some high winds and rain our way here in San Antonio but no rain and just a light breeze. :)