Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   ((((((IKE)))))) Orangetxguy.......and others in texas (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/35513-ike-orangetxguy-others-texas.html)

Useless 09-13-2008 09:34 PM

I'm +/- 150 miles NW Galveston, and about 40 miles West of Palestine, Tx. as the crow flies. Palestine is where Ike began to pivot toward it's NW trajectory.

We have faired far better that we anticipated. Ike started moving in +/- 7:30 a.m. We evacuated most of our drilling rigs Yesterday, and are getting them back up and running now.

High winds, gusts up to +/- 100 mph, but flooding has not been a problem.

We're through the worst of it, mostly unscathed.

I talked to my wife and daughter this morning; The San Antonio and surrounding area was getting some winds, but very little rain.

Help is on it's way to Houston as we speak. The Rev. Jesse Jackson has sent four busloads of specially trained, volunteer Looting Co-ordinaters to help.

Orangetxguy 09-13-2008 10:27 PM

WoooooHoooo! Just talked with my brother! He stopped by the house...no wind damage, and the water is only half way up the yard, and holding steady!!!

Local police recruited him to drive his truck around the neighborhoods in that section, helping get out those people who stayed and were trapped by the deepest water! Good thing he had a flatbed!

flood 09-13-2008 11:45 PM

that is good news

Kurbski 09-14-2008 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
WoooooHoooo! Just talked with my brother! He stopped by the house...no wind damage, and the water is only half way up the yard, and holding steady!!!

Local police recruited him to drive his truck around the neighborhoods in that section, helping get out those people who stayed and were trapped by the deepest water! Good thing he had a flatbed!

That's great news Stan. Glad to hear you made out OK.

Orangetxguy 09-14-2008 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurbski
Quote:

That's great news Stan. Glad to hear you made out OK.

Thanks Keith! It is still sad to look at pix of water in all the wrong places..... especially salt water. Sabine Lake is salt and fresh mixed water. Saw one clip of an eel swimming on 16th street....that just ain't right!

On the plus side...lot's of nasty old rundown buildings will get pulled down now.

shadowsknight 09-14-2008 01:31 AM

Quote:

Glad to hear that. As soon as I get this load off of my flatbed I'm going to see what I can do to get supplies into that area.

Orangetxguy 09-14-2008 01:35 AM

Today's flooding makes Walmart look smart for hauling in fill dirt and raising their lot when they built the new store 10 years ago.

GTR SILVER 09-14-2008 02:58 AM

great news stan :!: :!: :!: :!: ....................keep us posted................god bless............ 8)

dobry4u 09-14-2008 03:01 AM

glad to know you and yours fared well through the storm, Stan. very glad

Orangetxguy 09-17-2008 03:25 AM

WooooooHoooooo!!! Got electricity back at 4:15 this afternoon!!! No damage and electrified 4 weeks ahead of estimates!!!

I sure is glad that Wall-E is right down the road!