Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Worst Trucking Companies to work for (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/3405-worst-trucking-companies-work.html)

moondog89 03-19-2009 08:23 PM

How about a poll which is the best,more productive right?:thumbsup:

Blacksheep 03-23-2009 05:05 PM

Since I haven't worked for any of those outfits I can't vote.

But the absolute worst company I ever worked for is P.F.A Systems out of Joliet,IL. the idiot owner considers his O/O are just meat in the seat, basically an outlaw company with no regard for his drivers or public safety.

moondog89 03-23-2009 05:09 PM

"meat in the seat" hilarious.

:lol2:

freebirdrfd 03-23-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moondog89 (Post 443137)
How about a poll which is the best,more productive right?:thumbsup:

how about you starting one?????

moondog89 03-24-2009 12:33 AM

I would but in 20 years of trucking I haven't found a "good" one yet and I don't think I will.:thumbsdown:

Jumbo 03-24-2009 01:53 AM

Is that an England truck in the background?

moondog89 03-24-2009 02:33 AM

Yeah it is I own two of them.Have had real good luck with em maintenance wise.

Southron 01-19-2011 03:49 AM

I haven't driven for any of those companies, so I didn't vote.

I drive for Design Transportation based out of Dallas, TX. So far, the only complaint I have is that my fleet manager is always trying to con me out of my home time. Their policy is: 1 day off for every week out. I run 3-4 weeks at a time and have never had more than 2 days off. My fleet manager always gets me back to the yard when I'm scheduled to go home, but then he's giving me a load right back out for another day or two. Design has no-force dispatch, but my fleet manager won't take "NO" for an answer. I have had a friend who drives for Scheisser (Schneider) National ask if Design is hiring, I told him yes, but he doesn't want to work for design, unless he wants to get F**ked out of his time at home every month. I can't even make plans for hometime because I never know when I'm going to get home or how long I'm going to be there! My daughter turns 1 year old on Feb 11th and they had better get me home for her birthday, or I'm going to raise holy hell!

flatspots479 01-30-2011 01:48 PM

Shaffer/Crete will lie to fill a seat and tell you they will get you home but you better live by a terminal. The other thing is insurance is no good and you pay 80% up to five thousand or so. The last thing if you quit, they charge nearly $150 to clean your truck no matter if it was clean when you left it. This is nothing but a tool to get their orientation money back in part. No other company ripp's the driver off like Crete. I see they didn't make the crap list but they should be.

flatspots479 01-30-2011 01:51 PM

I have driven since 1975. There is no rookie here anymore as that young man has now been replaced by a 55 year old man. The few lines above are true.