Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Ashley Furniture (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/32469-ashley-furniture.html)

headborg 03-29-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA
Ashley is always looking for drivers.
Their standards are high but nobody seems to leave after they're here.
Sure learn how to drive city with 48 and 53 footers.

Someone suggested I look into them-- I checked their website but couldn't find much info either. How close to a terminal/yard do you have to live? do they not let you take the equipment home?

PA 03-30-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headborg
Quote:

Originally Posted by PA

Someone suggested I look into them-- I checked their website but couldn't find much info either. How close to a terminal/yard do you have to live? do they not let you take the equipment home?

No, you cannot take the truck home.
That's when they do maintenance and even wash the truck for you.
We have drivers that live far from the terminal and just sleep in the truck.
I am close so I can take my 10 break at home sometimes but run home in my own vehicle.
Give 'em a call or fill out an app. online.

headborg 03-30-2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA
Quote:

Originally Posted by headborg
Quote:

Originally Posted by PA

No, you cannot take the truck home.
That's when they do maintenance and even wash the truck for you.
We have drivers that live far from the terminal and just sleep in the truck.
I am close so I can take my 10 break at home sometimes but run home in my own vehicle.
Give 'em a call or fill out an app. online.

sorry, just isn't practical for me-- I live 250 miles away- one way commute! Unless they started me at 60 cent a mile.

century451 03-30-2008 08:20 PM

Dont know anything about them but i have noticed they seem to go down the road in pairs.

BIG JEEP on 44's 03-30-2008 08:26 PM

Every time I pick up a load in ECRU all I see in the warehouse are non English speaking people working the docks , So I wrote Ashley off as being a low rent outfit ...in MS they have the warehouse in ECRU and one about 30 miles north of there in north ripley MS .

golfhobo 03-10-2017 11:03 PM

Well.... let's refresh this thread and get some more drivers for this company. They are SO desperate for them.... I think they're about to accept me!

Would be my first real "solo" job. Been teaming since I got my CDL. Think I might jump.

Since this thread was started in 2008, they have started a whole new division for drivers that is PTP (point to point.) No tailgate delivery to stores in small towns. All D.C. to another, or to a drop yard. Almost all drop and hook. No touch, period.

Probably gotta live within 100 miles of a D.C. OR... in some cases... just one of their 50 drop yards.

I've researched them, talked to them, and am in "negotiations" as we speak. Lol.

Post if you have any questions OR advice. lol.

Mr. Ford95 03-22-2017 11:42 PM

So did you jump onto Ashley?

Roadhog 03-28-2017 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 (Post 539217)
So did you jump onto Ashley?

yep... that caught my eye :) but my curiosity went in a whole different direction, I guess... :(

Hey Hobo! :D Howdy!

Mr. Ford95 03-31-2017 07:07 AM

So didn't catch that before I posted it!:p

Divspec1 04-15-2017 05:46 AM

They deliver quite a bit to Rent-A-Center stores. I do not work for Ashley but deliver to the Rent-A-Center stores and have met a lot of great people who drive for Ashley, most seem happy