Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Ashley Furniture (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/32469-ashley-furniture.html)

anthony1995 02-19-2008 02:30 PM

Ashley Furniture

Thought I'd start a thread for these guys. I want to look into Ashley but I can't find any info on the Ashley website other than an app. Any info regarding pay, hometime, miles ect would be good. Thanks.

Geeeeeezer 02-19-2008 04:02 PM

They aren't "Drivers", they are "Ambassadors". hehehe

MedicineMan 02-19-2008 04:50 PM

I've never been able to find much info about them either

whoopNride 02-19-2008 09:48 PM

I know some guys that drive for them here in Miss. They have a large manufacturing plant in Ecru,MS. Probably 200 or more trucks running out of there.

Dont hold me to it,but I think the pay is around .35 per mile, plus drop pay, last I heard drop pay was like $20 per drop. I know they are paid Actual (Hub) miles. Lots of drops,5, 10,15,20 on each load. Some are small mom N pop stores downtown. Dressers,chests,tables,sofas etc. (Ooh my back). I considered them a few years ago,but decided against it. Too much work for me. LOL The guys I know make 60,000 to 70,000 per year. And Earn every Dime.

Not trying to discourage you guys in any way, Just telling what little I know.

Aviator 02-20-2008 02:05 AM

Crap that sounds like a cake walk for me. I deliver for Sysco, 20,000+ pounds a day, 15-20 stops out the back of a 48 ft trailer with a ramp. And I barely cleared 50k. Furniture is easy, I've done it. Five to ten pieces, each stop. For 60-70k, I'm very interested. :P

MedicineMan 02-20-2008 04:26 AM

I hear ya with the sysco. I used to deliver beer.. You havn't lived untill you had to hump half barrels down some bar's 200 year old hole in the floor behind the bar basement entrance with similar 200 year old ladder and no stairs!

INKTOXICATED 02-26-2008 11:38 PM

I RMEMEBER WHEN ASHELY WAS RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET FROM MY OLD JOB IN MONROE NJ.. I WAS ALWAYS JEALOUS BOUT THERE CLEAN LOOKING TRUCKS AND TRAILERS. ALWAYS WANTED TO GO SEE BOUT A LOCAL GIG. BUT THEN THEY MOVED OUT TO PA

PA 02-27-2008 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INKTOXICATED
I RMEMEBER WHEN ASHELY WAS RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET FROM MY OLD JOB IN MONROE NJ.. I WAS ALWAYS JEALOUS BOUT THERE CLEAN LOOKING TRUCKS AND TRAILERS. ALWAYS WANTED TO GO SEE BOUT A LOCAL GIG. BUT THEN THEY MOVED OUT TO PA

Yep, they moved to Leesport, PA
Pay is good, exercise is good too
Gotta live near a drop yard and have near perfect record.

Double R 02-27-2008 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA
Quote:

Originally Posted by INKTOXICATED

Yep, they moved to Leesport, PA
Pay is good, exercise is good too
Gotta live near a drop yard and have near perfect record.

Ames way. Use to pick up across te street from Ashely at Americold in Leesport.

PA 03-29-2008 01:07 PM

Ashley is always looking for drivers.
Their standards are high but nobody seems to leave after they're here.
Sure learn how to drive city with 48 and 53 footers.