Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Superior Carriers and Carry Transit (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/30827-superior-carriers-carry-transit.html)

1catfish 11-27-2009 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geargrinder (Post 468769)
I know what you mean and it's disgusting. With Keasbey having gone union, I wonder if that got rid of any of the favoritism?

keasby went union? what a hole!:toilet:

geargrinder 12-09-2009 07:59 PM

Tiger Woods is going to star in the new Southwest Airlines "Want to get away?" ad.

wsyrob 12-13-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geargrinder (Post 468769)
I know what you mean and it's disgusting. With Keasbey having gone union, I wonder if that got rid of any of the favoritism?

There is a guy posting at Truckers Report saying everyone at Keasbey got fired over Thanksgiving. Claims the TM was requiring drivers to pay cash to get good loads. He went on to claim management knew about it and racism kept the TM from getting fired and that's why they "had" to go Union. Crazy **** if true.

Sounds like a disgruntled driver to me. Probably get a drivers room/gate code change next week on the QC.

1catfish 12-15-2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsyrob (Post 470101)
There is a guy posting at Truckers Report saying everyone at Keasbey got fired over Thanksgiving. Claims the TM was requiring drivers to pay cash to get good loads. He went on to claim management knew about it and racism kept the TM from getting fired and that's why they "had" to go Union. Crazy **** if true.

Sounds like a disgruntled driver to me. Probably get a drivers room/gate code change next week on the QC.

won't nothing happen to the tm, superior would rather get rid of the drivers that knew about it. and just hire new ones with no idea of what happen. and carry on with buisness as usual.:thumbsdown:

geargrinder 12-19-2009 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsyrob (Post 470101)

Still open as of Friday. The terminal manager was canned a while ago. Rumors u hear on TM are consistent with what i have heard.

1catfish 12-26-2009 05:51 PM

this question is for the other superior drivers, do i need to call log ops when ever they try to send me home empty, because here lately it's been all out and back. i wouldn't mind a couple weeks before seeing my home terminal. :thumbsup:

wsyrob 12-26-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1catfish (Post 471104)
this question is for the other superior drivers, do i need to call log ops when ever they try to send me home empty, because here lately it's been all out and back. i wouldn't mind a couple weeks before seeing my home terminal. :thumbsup:

My home terminal dispatcher has me call him whenever I get the empty go home dispatch from a different terminal on a system load. Sometimes the other terminals try to sneak you home so one of there drivers gets the load. They have changed it a couple of times for me. Most of our dedicated stuff is out and back anyway. This happens a lot when freight is slow. You could be sitting in a truck stop for 2 days waiting on a load but then they would pay you layover. Most truck drivers would sit without pay. At least when we sit its at home

1catfish 12-26-2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsyrob (Post 471111)
My home terminal dispatcher has me call him whenever I get the empty go home dispatch from a different terminal on a system load. Sometimes the other terminals try to sneak you home so one of there drivers gets the load. They have changed it a couple of times for me. Most of our dedicated stuff is out and back anyway. This happens a lot when freight is slow. You could be sitting in a truck stop for 2 days waiting on a load but then they would pay you layover. Most truck drivers would sit without pay. At least when we sit its at home

thanks for the info, you never know till you ask.

Orangetxguy 12-29-2009 06:35 PM

:eek2: So young-uns..... :eek1: what driver rolled the truck and trailer that is sitting behind the building here at Morrow...and did he get hurt?? :hellno:

pd 12-29-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy (Post 471335)
:eek2: So young-uns..... :eek1: what driver rolled the truck and trailer that is sitting behind the building here at Morrow...and did he get hurt?? :hellno:

I drive out of Morrow and saw that truck last week - quite a mess. I asked my TM how the driver was and was told that he was already out of the hospital and back home. I didn't have the time to gather more details at that time.

I gave the truck a close inspection as a reminder to me of how badly things can go out there.