Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Superior Carriers and Carry Transit (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/30827-superior-carriers-carry-transit.html)

geargrinder 07-06-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsyrob (Post 455406)
I didn't get a ticket so there is nothing for me to fight. I forwarded those pictures to my Terminal Manager in case Superior wants to contest the write up for the Safe Stat score. No way those placards make the truck less safe.

Hope u weren't MT when it happened. I understand it's a dedicated trailer. But I always rip them hot placards off as soon as I am MT. I just don't believe in attracting unnecessary attention.

OK, do we all add laser levels to our toolboxes?

geargrinder 07-06-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sooundman11568 (Post 455393)
catdick i am glad you don't care what i think, i just ask a simple ? i haul fuel and the good companies want drivers with atleast 5 years exp. or more. i am sure there are others on here that will back me up on that . from what you have said on here , you don't seem to have alot of tanker experience. so go back to being a BBR in your old little blue truck . , oh wait my truck is a 03 model too, a 379 ex. hood pete, with a 475 cat. 10sp that can do the speed limit and then some . it's a day cab too .

Don't really know a good fuel hauler from a bad. But KAG requires 2-years of experience.

wsyrob 07-06-2009 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geargrinder (Post 455419)
Hope u weren't MT when it happened. I understand it's a dedicated trailer. But I always rip them hot placards off as soon as I am MT. I just don't believe in attracting unnecessary attention.

OK, do we all add laser levels to our toolboxes?

I was MT. It would have taken a razor blade to get it off.

I have run into problems with placards on this same load before. It originates from High Point but starts out pulling the empty 200 miles up to Hopewell Va to top load the dirty trailer. They give you a copy of the last bill of laden for that purpose. It runs loaded to Houston then MT back to High Point.

One Saturday I went to pick up my MT on the yard only to find both types of Placards missing on 3 sides. Of course there are none at the terminal. I wound up fishing used ones out of the trash can at the tank wash, and drawing them with a sharpie. I was happy to see the stuck on permanent ones. Who knows what Barnie would have had to say about hand drawn ones

1catfish 07-07-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sooundman11568 (Post 455393)
catdick i am glad you don't care what i think, i just ask a simple ? i haul fuel and the good companies want drivers with atleast 5 years exp. or more. i am sure there are others on here that will back me up on that . from what you have said on here , you don't seem to have alot of tanker experience. so go back to being a BBR in your old little blue truck . , oh wait my truck is a 03 model too, a 379 ex. hood pete, with a 475 cat. 10sp that can do the speed limit and then some . it's a day cab too .

i don't remember saying anything about pete's or hoods or cats or trucks that go over the speed limit, but i'm the bbr. hey i got a couple of stray cats that sleep on my porch does that qualify?

Cyanide 07-08-2009 03:58 AM

Wsyrob wrote:
Quote:

Sorry to hear this though the hints over the past few weeks haven't been real subtle. It is truly Superior's loss.
I don't know about all of that! I really doubt that they care about losing yet another driver. They'll just get rid of that old p.o.s. International and hire someone else to take my place!

Quote:

Any idea how many drivers you have recruited to the company over the years?
I know of three that I personally recruited, all of whom are very good friends as well (Skywalker, Soundman, and a mutual friend of ours who isn't on any message boards). But as for total individuals who came to Superior Carriers because of info I passed along I have no idea. I never view any of my threads with any company as a recruiting tool, just as a means to convey good information to other drivers about what a mere, average driver can achieve.

Quote:

I certainly hope you will start a new thread for your new company.
I'm going to take a Mulligan on that. Anyone that knows me and/or has read my stuff over the years knows I keep meticulous records as a company driver and as an I/C, and have always shared them openly. And nothing will change in that regard with an exception. I'm to a point where I'm bored putting up constant, factual numbers and talking about my company. Funny ain't it?

I'll still be around and posting here and there and of course, will give updates about how things are going for me. But the usual journal I share with everybody is not likely to occur again, if ever. I probably will put up my numbers once a full year is up in the same basic format as I've been doing, but it will be strictly pure basics. It probably won't be much different than what I've done here for almost a full three years concerning income and time off either, just a different company.

As for the message board thing, I'm just too involved nowadays with a couple of other sites that have absolutely nothing to do with trucking, and it's refreshing to talk about other subjects I have interest in and knowledge of, with people other than my co-workers. I don't mean that as disrespectful to anyone, but I do have a very active life away from my truck and work. Especially when I'm home with my family, and that has always come first and foremost.

Quote:

Me personally I am happy and unless major changes happen at the terminal management level will continue to be so.
I'm glad to hear that Rob! Hopefully it will stay that way for you and the others. Like I've said, it really seems that my terminal area likes to throw out "Extra" rules and policies that others don't. Believe me, the extra $$$ they pay working out of K3 and Markham isn't worth it for the b.s., and had I been able to get back to running full-time from Westville or, transferred back to Garden City I most likely wouldn't be leaving.

However, don't confuse what I'm saying as being that I don't get along with the personnel in the office(s); quite the contrary! I get along great with everyone. I just simply refuse to play the silly little games and have stuff shoved down my throat that has no bearing on job performance, safety, and efficiency. I didn't do it in the Marine Corps, and I'm d*** sure not going to do it for any trucking company!

Quote:

Thanks for steering me towards Superior and tankers in general a couple of years ago when I got started trucking.
You're very welcome. I'm happy that I was able to help out at least one person in this industry by steering them in this direction. It beats the hell out of the alternatives with a box, reefer, or skateboard!!!

I will give a small hint about the new company though. They have several different makes of trucks in their fleet, all with larger sleepers, and varied colors as well. Here's the make and color I personally would prefer getting assigned, though I'll take whatever they issue me!

:thumbsup:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../80265647b.jpg

:lol2:

Phreddo 07-08-2009 11:33 AM

Is there a flatbed attached to that truck, by chance...?
;)

pd 07-08-2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyanide (Post 455528)
But as for total individuals who came to Superior Carriers because of info I passed along I have no idea.

I chose Superior as my first job out of CDL school thanks to the information you posted here, and I believe it's the best company I could have gone with. I've been here a little over a year now. So thanks Carlo.

I will look forward to your occasional posts to see who you go with and how it works out for you.

Phil

Cyanide 07-08-2009 03:08 PM

Phreddo wrote:
Quote:

Is there a flatbed attached to that truck, by chance...?
;)
:lol2: :rofl: :thumbsdown:

Can be any of these three trucks, and in any of these three colors (they also have burgundy and silver). ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...57348-Copy.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...81129-Copy.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../80265647b.jpg

pd wrote:
Quote:

I chose Superior as my first job out of CDL school thanks to the information you posted here, and I believe it's the best company I could have gone with. I've been here a little over a year now. So thanks Carlo.

I will look forward to your occasional posts to see who you go with and how it works out for you.

Phil
Thanks Phil! Well, not going to post who I go with for a long, long time but I can say that from all of the info I've gathered it should work out very well for me, and I should be in the same position or better concerning income and time off as I was when I ran Westville Dedicated back and forth to 'Bama...

:D

wsyrob 07-09-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyanide (Post 455528)

I'm glad to hear that Rob! Hopefully it will stay that way for you and the others. Like I've said, it really seems that my terminal area likes to throw out "Extra" rules and policies that others don't. Believe me, the extra $$$ they pay working out of K3 and Markham isn't worth it for the b.s., and had I been able to get back to running full-time from Westville or, transferred back to Garden City I most likely wouldn't be leaving.

I wish you luck in your new endeavor. Its funny you say this. I walked into my home terminal wearing a pair of shorts yesterday. I wasn't going to any customers that day and since it was 90 + degrees put some on after my shower that morning. There was a driver from another terminal in the TV room who asked me if we were allowed to wear shorts there. He looked rather surprised when I told him yes as long as you don't mind the Terminal Manager making fun of your legs. He said don't wear them at Markham unless you want to get chewed out. He had put a pair of sweatpants on over his shorts.

They then had me deliver another drivers load and pick up my MT trailer from P&G so I threw on a pair of long pants since I was going to a customer. When I got back to the yard my terminal manager noticed I had changed and told me point blank that I was allowed to wear shorts around the terminal and when driving. A little common sense goes a long way in job satisfaction. I am glad so much of our freight is dedicated. I can go months without going to another terminal.

geargrinder 07-11-2009 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsyrob (Post 455435)
I was MT. It would have taken a razor blade to get it off.

I have run into problems with placards on this same load before. It originates from High Point but starts out pulling the empty 200 miles up to Hopewell Va to top load the dirty trailer. They give you a copy of the last bill of laden for that purpose. It runs loaded to Houston then MT back to High Point.

One Saturday I went to pick up my MT on the yard only to find both types of Placards missing on 3 sides. Of course there are none at the terminal. I wound up fishing used ones out of the trash can at the tank wash, and drawing them with a sharpie. I was happy to see the stuck on permanent ones. Who knows what Barnie would have had to say about hand drawn ones

If I don't need a placards I will rip em off with my teeth. I run across OH a lot. Superior sez we don't need to stop with the green, the sign at the scale sez we do. I follow what the sign sez. I turned down hot placards a couple weeks ago cuz the crap was 210 and not 212. Not ripping you, but complacency and dedicated go hand in hand.