Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Superior Carriers and Carry Transit (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/30827-superior-carriers-carry-transit.html)

Cyanide 10-26-2008 02:43 PM

Sorry to hear Geargrinder...

Best of luck to your in your next adventure. Hope it works out for you ;)

harleypiper 10-27-2008 04:37 AM

Cyanide, did you get that package yet?
Going back to Three Rivers Qc Monday. Doesn't look like I'll get back in the system this week, hopefully within the next few weeks I'll get out again and we can meet up for a couple again.

geargrinder 10-28-2008 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harleypiper (Post 420069)
I have been running back and for to Quebec for the past 2-3 weeks.
BOL geargrinder

Any chance it's been Tarkett at Farnham, PQ? The gave me a tour of the entire plant. It's a heck of a process. Tell you what, I like running Canada and especially Quebec.

Hope the freight picks up.

DDCavi 10-29-2008 10:51 PM

Im from the Maine terminal. Were not doing well, Im not doing well. Another week with a mandatory day off. Its not a good time for me to be logging 26 hours in a week. I now live alone and all bills are on me. I love Superior and dont want to leave, not that I even have the option being im such a newbie. Ill just sit tight and do anything they have to do and hope I can make ends meet.

PS Im rockin 2361, day cab for now.

geargrinder 10-30-2008 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDCavi (Post 420707)
Im from the Maine terminal. Were not doing well, Im not doing well. Another week with a mandatory day off. Its not a good time for me to be logging 26 hours in a week. I now live alone and all bills are on me. I love Superior and dont want to leave, not that I even have the option being im such a newbie. Ill just sit tight and do anything they have to do and hope I can make ends meet.

PS Im rockin 2361, day cab for now.

Are you sure you don't mean "f@$k 3" hoses"? Boy I hate slinging them b@st@rds around.

I know I had a tough time making the decision to leave Superior. No hassles, good people to work with, and decent inexpensive benefits. Plus I was on par to make a tad over $60K. My wife thought I was crazy.

If you have less than a year of trucking experience you should stick with Superior. A lousy paycheck at Superior is going to be a good week at companies that hire drivers with less than a year.

I would suggest Superior do a hiring freeze for drivers and beat the bushes for a hiring "surge" of salespersons and account managers. A central dispatch system would eliminate the shenanigans (or appearance of) going on with terminal dispatch.

Believe me Superior is a superb company for drivers. IMHO whoever manages this thing(above the terminal manager level) needs to get more involved.

I haven't been at my new job long enough to tell them how to run their company :)

Good luck and hang in there. After Tuesday things shoud start to settle down.

DDCavi 10-30-2008 11:49 PM

Yea I hired on with Superior straight out of school, how the hell can I beat that?!? Im here for awhile.

Id rather sling a 3" hose then deal with sitting an extra 30 minutes while unloading through a slow ass 2" hose. :)

harleypiper 11-01-2008 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geargrinder (Post 420475)
Any chance it's been Tarkett at Farnham, PQ? The gave me a tour of the entire plant. It's a heck of a process. Tell you what, I like running Canada and especially Quebec.

Hope the freight picks up.

No I've been running to Three Rivers, Baupre, Kingsey Falls and E. Angus. Heading back to Baupre on Monday. It's income thru all this slow down. I recently heard that DOW closed a plant and will be moving to Allyn's pt. Ct. so that will be good for our terminal. The snow has started up there too and they suck at plowing. I think they have hockey pucks on the bottom of the blades of the plows.

geargrinder 11-01-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harleypiper (Post 420997)
No I've been running to Three Rivers, Baupre, Kingsey Falls and E. Angus. Heading back to Baupre on Monday. It's income thru all this slow down. I recently heard that DOW closed a plant and will be moving to Allyn's pt. Ct. so that will be good for our terminal. The snow has started up there too and they suck at plowing. I think they have hockey pucks on the bottom of the blades of the plows.

===============================

They must not consider it REAL snow yet! We had a dusting down here, lo-n-behold trucks started "parking" in the median. I didn't think it was enough to make slush, but a few of 'em managed to make it into career enders.

If Allyn's Point works out, you should get some good runs from CT down to carpet row in Georgia.

After Tuesday businesses should start making plans that are more long term than this week.

DOW is an amazing company. If you have some spare money buy their stock!

DDCavi 11-03-2008 11:50 PM

Dow is a good company and a good run. We send 3-4 trucks down to Allyns PT. everyday or other day. Its makes for a good day. If theyre on top of their game, and get you in and out within 1.5hrs you can make $200 for 9.5hrs of work. Worst part is you can get there in 3.75 hours but need to log atleast 4 and thats averaging 59.25 MPH.

belpre122 11-04-2008 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDCavi (Post 420833)
Id rather sling a 3" hose then deal with sitting an extra 30 minutes while unloading through a slow ass 2" hose. :)

LOL...Spoken like a true tanker jockey!! Glad to see that everything is working out for ya Cavi! Hell, looks like you were a natural all along.

Just remember that you shouldn't be calling Orangetxguy names!:clap:

Be Safe! Belpre