Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Superior Carriers and Carry Transit (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/30827-superior-carriers-carry-transit.html)

geargrinder 10-11-2008 02:12 PM

I have been with Superior for a year or so. It is startling how many places I have pulled from or delivered to that have said "this is the last time you will be here, they're shutting her down." One of the places was an Ineos in Belpre, OH!

Anyone else notice that freight seems to have stalled?

Orangetxguy 10-12-2008 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belpre122 (Post 417831)
Stanley, I had a conversation with a BP driver last night at the BP Indy-Tibbs Ave.terminal.
They're out-date is around 15 November. He has 18.5 years of service in and told me about his severance. You are my new best friend OTX!:D

I have a lot of friends at "BP" who are out of work by the end of the year. Saw several BP units the last 3 days which have already been "De-IDed" except for "Operated by BP Products North America" on the doors.

I wouldn't have made any more money if I had held on the extra 5 years...so I did ok.

Orangetxguy 10-12-2008 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geargrinder (Post 417844)
I have been with Superior for a year or so. It is startling how many places I have pulled from or delivered to that have said "this is the last time you will be here, they're shutting her down." One of the places was an Ineos in Belpre, OH!

Anyone else notice that freight seems to have stalled?

Wow! I was just at an INEOS in Indian Orchards MA. They just got a product line back that had been transferred to Belgium. Miller is going to be busy hauling into that plant for a while!! :D:D

geargrinder 10-12-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy (Post 417919)
Wow! I was just at an INEOS in Indian Orchards MA. They just got a product line back that had been transferred to Belgium. Miller is going to be busy hauling into that plant for a while!! :D:D

I think the loader at Belpre said the operations were being moved to Pakistan. Been to Indian River quite a few times on the delivery end.

Question for anyone who cares to respond, what product is the biggest pain to off-load?

Wax seems to be a real pain, but at least you get to air it off. Pumping resin's is just a sticky mess.

Cyanide 10-22-2008 02:39 PM

My new "old" ZJ!

3 Attachment(s)
Finally found one! Big Jeep on 44's might like it......with a big lift and heavy mods maybe!!! lol

I'll be back later on with a "normal" post. Y'all be safe and have fun! ;)

geargrinder 10-25-2008 06:27 PM

Leaving Superior

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyanide (Post 419343)
Finally found one! Big Jeep on 44's might like it......with a big lift and heavy mods maybe!!! lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyanide (Post 419343)

Gave Superior a year and half. The only problem I ever had with them was lack of work. Seems like freight died early/mid september. Last week I gave my notice :( I ran the last month getting about 1000 miles a week, just couldn't make ends meet. Hoping this new company keeps me steady, 48-cents a mile isn't bad either. They tell me I can get weekend work anytime I want - because very few of their drivers are interested in working the weekend.

It's too bad because Superior is a good place to work. But I needed more than a part time job.

Thinking back, except for the summer's, it seemed like it was always a battle to get miles. Always calling the inbound dispatch terminal and getting a tank wash back to my home terminal. Get to the home terminal and it was always no freight because there were too many inbound drivers and they get preference. Never understood why other terminals could get away with sending me home mt, but my terminal never had freight because we had to take care of the other terminal's drivers first.

I start my new job Monday. I hope it is everything the manager presented to me during the interview.

I have nothing but good things to say about Superior. If they had loads I would still be with them.

You Superior driver's take care. You're a good bunch :)

wsyrob 10-25-2008 09:36 PM

Where are you going geargrinder.

I have seen a slowdown as well but my terminal seems to have enough dedicated runs to keep us busy. I have only been in the system twice in the last 6-8 weeks or so. This week I got 3,000 miles with Thurs off. Ran empty out and loaded back twice. Left Monday early back by 4 PM Wed, Out Friday early and will be home Sunday afternoon.

BHG0069 10-26-2008 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geargrinder (Post 419941)
Gave Superior a year and half. The only problem I ever had with them was lack of work. Seems like freight died early/mid september. Last week I gave my notice :( I ran the last month getting about 1000 miles a week, just couldn't make ends meet. Hoping this new company keeps me steady, 48-cents a mile isn't bad either. They tell me I can get weekend work anytime I want - because very few of their drivers are interested in working the weekend.

It's too bad because Superior is a good place to work. But I needed more than a part time job.

Thinking back, except for the summer's, it seemed like it was always a battle to get miles. Always calling the inbound dispatch terminal and getting a tank wash back to my home terminal. Get to the home terminal and it was always no freight because there were too many inbound drivers and they get preference. Never understood why other terminals could get away with sending me home mt, but my terminal never had freight because we had to take care of the other terminal's drivers first.

I start my new job Monday. I hope it is everything the manager presented to me during the interview.

I have nothing but good things to say about Superior. If they had loads I would still be with them.

You Superior driver's take care. You're a good bunch :)

Good luck man. You just gotta find the company that is the right fit for you.

Superior will have to fire me before I leave. But IMO Atlanta is one of the best terminals in the company, which is my home terminal.

The terminal you run out of is the main thing IMO. Some just don't have very much freight.

GTR SILVER 10-26-2008 05:08 AM

how does new jersey stack up..............?????

harleypiper 10-26-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR SILVER (Post 420055)
how does new jersey stack up..............?????

I went to the school with a guy from Jonesboro NJ, he left with in a year. He was also having a hard time getting miles. There is a favoritism thing going on down there from what he explains. Our terminal as well has slowed down. I have been running back and for to Quebec for the past 2-3 weeks. As geargrinder said there does seem to be that they want to get the inbound drivers right out which doesn't leave much for the home terminal drivers. I see IC guys going to Fla, Ms, Ky and co. drivers running to Canada. It's not bad but we always deadhead back.

BOL geargrinder