Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Superior Carriers and Carry Transit (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/30827-superior-carriers-carry-transit.html)

geargrinder 10-11-2008 02:12 PM

I have been with Superior for a year or so. It is startling how many places I have pulled from or delivered to that have said "this is the last time you will be here, they're shutting her down." One of the places was an Ineos in Belpre, OH!

Anyone else notice that freight seems to have stalled?

Orangetxguy 10-12-2008 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belpre122 (Post 417831)
Stanley, I had a conversation with a BP driver last night at the BP Indy-Tibbs Ave.terminal.
They're out-date is around 15 November. He has 18.5 years of service in and told me about his severance. You are my new best friend OTX!:D

I have a lot of friends at "BP" who are out of work by the end of the year. Saw several BP units the last 3 days which have already been "De-IDed" except for "Operated by BP Products North America" on the doors.

I wouldn't have made any more money if I had held on the extra 5 years...so I did ok.

Orangetxguy 10-12-2008 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geargrinder (Post 417844)
I have been with Superior for a year or so. It is startling how many places I have pulled from or delivered to that have said "this is the last time you will be here, they're shutting her down." One of the places was an Ineos in Belpre, OH!

Anyone else notice that freight seems to have stalled?

Wow! I was just at an INEOS in Indian Orchards MA. They just got a product line back that had been transferred to Belgium. Miller is going to be busy hauling into that plant for a while!! :D:D

geargrinder 10-12-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy (Post 417919)
Wow! I was just at an INEOS in Indian Orchards MA. They just got a product line back that had been transferred to Belgium. Miller is going to be busy hauling into that plant for a while!! :D:D

I think the loader at Belpre said the operations were being moved to Pakistan. Been to Indian River quite a few times on the delivery end.

Question for anyone who cares to respond, what product is the biggest pain to off-load?

Wax seems to be a real pain, but at least you get to air it off. Pumping resin's is just a sticky mess.

Cyanide 10-22-2008 02:39 PM

My new "old" ZJ!

3 Attachment(s)
Finally found one! Big Jeep on 44's might like it......with a big lift and heavy mods maybe!!! lol

I'll be back later on with a "normal" post. Y'all be safe and have fun! ;)

geargrinder 10-25-2008 06:27 PM

Leaving Superior

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyanide (Post 419343)
Finally found one! Big Jeep on 44's might like it......with a big lift and heavy mods maybe!!! lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyanide (Post 419343)

Gave Superior a year and half. The only problem I ever had with them was lack of work. Seems like freight died early/mid september. Last week I gave my notice :( I ran the last month getting about 1000 miles a week, just couldn't make ends meet. Hoping this new company keeps me steady, 48-cents a mile isn't bad either. They tell me I can get weekend work anytime I want - because very few of their drivers are interested in working the weekend.

It's too bad because Superior is a good place to work. But I needed more than a part time job.

Thinking back, except for the summer's, it seemed like it was always a battle to get miles. Always calling the inbound dispatch terminal and getting a tank wash back to my home terminal. Get to the home terminal and it was always no freight because there were too many inbound drivers and they get preference. Never understood why other terminals could get away with sending me home mt, but my terminal never had freight because we had to take care of the other terminal's drivers first.

I start my new job Monday. I hope it is everything the manager presented to me during the interview.

I have nothing but good things to say about Superior. If they had loads I would still be with them.

You Superior driver's take care. You're a good bunch :)

wsyrob 10-25-2008 09:36 PM

Where are you going geargrinder.

I have seen a slowdown as well but my terminal seems to have enough dedicated runs to keep us busy. I have only been in the system twice in the last 6-8 weeks or so. This week I got 3,000 miles with Thurs off. Ran empty out and loaded back twice. Left Monday early back by 4 PM Wed, Out Friday early and will be home Sunday afternoon.

BHG0069 10-26-2008 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geargrinder (Post 419941)
Gave Superior a year and half. The only problem I ever had with them was lack of work. Seems like freight died early/mid september. Last week I gave my notice :( I ran the last month getting about 1000 miles a week, just couldn't make ends meet. Hoping this new company keeps me steady, 48-cents a mile isn't bad either. They tell me I can get weekend work anytime I want - because very few of their drivers are interested in working the weekend.

It's too bad because Superior is a good place to work. But I needed more than a part time job.

Thinking back, except for the summer's, it seemed like it was always a battle to get miles. Always calling the inbound dispatch terminal and getting a tank wash back to my home terminal. Get to the home terminal and it was always no freight because there were too many inbound drivers and they get preference. Never understood why other terminals could get away with sending me home mt, but my terminal never had freight because we had to take care of the other terminal's drivers first.

I start my new job Monday. I hope it is everything the manager presented to me during the interview.

I have nothing but good things to say about Superior. If they had loads I would still be with them.

You Superior driver's take care. You're a good bunch :)

Good luck man. You just gotta find the company that is the right fit for you.

Superior will have to fire me before I leave. But IMO Atlanta is one of the best terminals in the company, which is my home terminal.

The terminal you run out of is the main thing IMO. Some just don't have very much freight.

GTR SILVER 10-26-2008 05:08 AM

how does new jersey stack up..............?????

harleypiper 10-26-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR SILVER (Post 420055)
how does new jersey stack up..............?????

I went to the school with a guy from Jonesboro NJ, he left with in a year. He was also having a hard time getting miles. There is a favoritism thing going on down there from what he explains. Our terminal as well has slowed down. I have been running back and for to Quebec for the past 2-3 weeks. As geargrinder said there does seem to be that they want to get the inbound drivers right out which doesn't leave much for the home terminal drivers. I see IC guys going to Fla, Ms, Ky and co. drivers running to Canada. It's not bad but we always deadhead back.

BOL geargrinder

Cyanide 10-26-2008 02:43 PM

Sorry to hear Geargrinder...

Best of luck to your in your next adventure. Hope it works out for you ;)

harleypiper 10-27-2008 04:37 AM

Cyanide, did you get that package yet?
Going back to Three Rivers Qc Monday. Doesn't look like I'll get back in the system this week, hopefully within the next few weeks I'll get out again and we can meet up for a couple again.

geargrinder 10-28-2008 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harleypiper (Post 420069)
I have been running back and for to Quebec for the past 2-3 weeks.
BOL geargrinder

Any chance it's been Tarkett at Farnham, PQ? The gave me a tour of the entire plant. It's a heck of a process. Tell you what, I like running Canada and especially Quebec.

Hope the freight picks up.

DDCavi 10-29-2008 10:51 PM

Im from the Maine terminal. Were not doing well, Im not doing well. Another week with a mandatory day off. Its not a good time for me to be logging 26 hours in a week. I now live alone and all bills are on me. I love Superior and dont want to leave, not that I even have the option being im such a newbie. Ill just sit tight and do anything they have to do and hope I can make ends meet.

PS Im rockin 2361, day cab for now.

geargrinder 10-30-2008 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDCavi (Post 420707)
Im from the Maine terminal. Were not doing well, Im not doing well. Another week with a mandatory day off. Its not a good time for me to be logging 26 hours in a week. I now live alone and all bills are on me. I love Superior and dont want to leave, not that I even have the option being im such a newbie. Ill just sit tight and do anything they have to do and hope I can make ends meet.

PS Im rockin 2361, day cab for now.

Are you sure you don't mean "f@$k 3" hoses"? Boy I hate slinging them b@st@rds around.

I know I had a tough time making the decision to leave Superior. No hassles, good people to work with, and decent inexpensive benefits. Plus I was on par to make a tad over $60K. My wife thought I was crazy.

If you have less than a year of trucking experience you should stick with Superior. A lousy paycheck at Superior is going to be a good week at companies that hire drivers with less than a year.

I would suggest Superior do a hiring freeze for drivers and beat the bushes for a hiring "surge" of salespersons and account managers. A central dispatch system would eliminate the shenanigans (or appearance of) going on with terminal dispatch.

Believe me Superior is a superb company for drivers. IMHO whoever manages this thing(above the terminal manager level) needs to get more involved.

I haven't been at my new job long enough to tell them how to run their company :)

Good luck and hang in there. After Tuesday things shoud start to settle down.

DDCavi 10-30-2008 11:49 PM

Yea I hired on with Superior straight out of school, how the hell can I beat that?!? Im here for awhile.

Id rather sling a 3" hose then deal with sitting an extra 30 minutes while unloading through a slow ass 2" hose. :)

harleypiper 11-01-2008 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geargrinder (Post 420475)
Any chance it's been Tarkett at Farnham, PQ? The gave me a tour of the entire plant. It's a heck of a process. Tell you what, I like running Canada and especially Quebec.

Hope the freight picks up.

No I've been running to Three Rivers, Baupre, Kingsey Falls and E. Angus. Heading back to Baupre on Monday. It's income thru all this slow down. I recently heard that DOW closed a plant and will be moving to Allyn's pt. Ct. so that will be good for our terminal. The snow has started up there too and they suck at plowing. I think they have hockey pucks on the bottom of the blades of the plows.

geargrinder 11-01-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harleypiper (Post 420997)
No I've been running to Three Rivers, Baupre, Kingsey Falls and E. Angus. Heading back to Baupre on Monday. It's income thru all this slow down. I recently heard that DOW closed a plant and will be moving to Allyn's pt. Ct. so that will be good for our terminal. The snow has started up there too and they suck at plowing. I think they have hockey pucks on the bottom of the blades of the plows.

===============================

They must not consider it REAL snow yet! We had a dusting down here, lo-n-behold trucks started "parking" in the median. I didn't think it was enough to make slush, but a few of 'em managed to make it into career enders.

If Allyn's Point works out, you should get some good runs from CT down to carpet row in Georgia.

After Tuesday businesses should start making plans that are more long term than this week.

DOW is an amazing company. If you have some spare money buy their stock!

DDCavi 11-03-2008 11:50 PM

Dow is a good company and a good run. We send 3-4 trucks down to Allyns PT. everyday or other day. Its makes for a good day. If theyre on top of their game, and get you in and out within 1.5hrs you can make $200 for 9.5hrs of work. Worst part is you can get there in 3.75 hours but need to log atleast 4 and thats averaging 59.25 MPH.

belpre122 11-04-2008 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDCavi (Post 420833)
Id rather sling a 3" hose then deal with sitting an extra 30 minutes while unloading through a slow ass 2" hose. :)

LOL...Spoken like a true tanker jockey!! Glad to see that everything is working out for ya Cavi! Hell, looks like you were a natural all along.

Just remember that you shouldn't be calling Orangetxguy names!:clap:

Be Safe! Belpre

harleypiper 11-06-2008 10:31 PM

Hey DD, you guys had to bail me out today. I'm sitting in Burlington VT. The EGR went on my truck and got towed to a dealer in Jehrico VT. The IC with the Western Star took my load. Kind of sucks cuz the run is 500 miles from Allyns Pt to Beaupre and been running that pretty regular and getting some miles in. So paid day off today so I guess I'll head back down to the pool. Uz Guyz watch uz self out dare ahhh

wsyrob 11-07-2008 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harleypiper (Post 421858)
Hey DD, you guys had to bail me out today. I'm sitting in Burlington VT. The EGR went on my truck and got towed to a dealer in Jehrico VT. The IC with the Western Star took my load. Kind of sucks cuz the run is 500 miles from Allyns Pt to Beaupre and been running that pretty regular and getting some miles in. So paid day off today so I guess I'll head back down to the pool. Uz Guyz watch uz self out dare ahhh

Thats what you get for having a brand new truck. I am still rocking one of the old Freightliners. Has 695,000 miles on it. Runs great. I have had 2 different drivers with new Internationals offer to trade with me. All I have had go wrong with it is a windshield wiper motor and a coolant hose. Each one only cost me a couple of hours for which I was paid.

BHG0069 11-08-2008 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsyrob (Post 421881)
Thats what you get for having a brand new truck. I am still rocking one of the old Freightliners. Has 695,000 miles on it. Runs great. I have had 2 different drivers with new Internationals offer to trade with me. All I have had go wrong with it is a windshield wiper motor and a coolant hose. Each one only cost me a couple of hours for which I was paid.

Yea I like mine, it'll run 72 on the floor. It will be up for sale in the new year.

Hopefully I will be gettin one of those Pro Stars when we get em. I heard that we arent gettin any more of the Eagle class Internationals?

MoneyCat 11-08-2008 08:16 PM

I blew my engine on '01 international last week, only had 524k miles on it. My terminal in Paulsboro had no other spare truck so I've got a loaner from another terminal. It was filthy dirty inside as usual.

Superior Carriers, Inferior trucks.

pd 11-09-2008 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoneyCat (Post 422276)
I blew my engine on '01 international last week, only had 524k miles on it. My terminal in Paulsboro had no other spare truck so I've got a loaner from another terminal. It was filthy dirty inside as usual.

My Freightliner has 788k on it and runs great. I'd just as soon keep on running with it but I believe they'll be retiring it after the first of the year. My speedometer says she'll do about 72, but my GPS says it's actually 69.

geargrinder 11-10-2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoneyCat (Post 422276)

Superior Carriers, Inferior trucks.

My 03 had 650K on it. It purred like a kitten. Wasn't much on the hills, but she never left me stranded. The long grades out west really got the gal hot:D

Them old freightliners are fine, IF you're a midget that travels with only the clothes on your back:p

Been gone from Superior for over a month now, I miss the place. Thinking of coming back.:o

BHG0069 11-10-2008 05:54 PM

Its pretty damn slow here in Atlanta. Been home since Friday. My dispatch told me that there is no freight until Maybe Tuesday or Wensday. Hope all you guys can tough it out. I know I will, its just too good of a place to leave because of slow freight.

I could have came in today and worked some local, but I really don't like local work. There're guys out there that need it more than me.

Superior 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahahahahhahah

mike3fan 11-10-2008 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHG0069 (Post 422676)
Its pretty damn slow here in Atlanta. Been home since Friday. My dispatch told me that there is no freight until Maybe Tuesday or Wensday. Hope all you guys can tough it out. I know I will, its just too good of a place to leave because of slow freight.

I could have came in today and worked some local, but I really don't like local work. There're guys out there that need it more than me.

Superior 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahahahahhahah

Same here in MI,was told that "maybe" Wed......:(

BHG0069 11-10-2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike3fan (Post 422678)
Same here in MI,was told that "maybe" Wed......:(

Yea dispatch called me Saturday morning. Told me that they possibly had some loads going out that night or Sunday morning and wanted to know if I was interested because there would probably be no freight until Wednesday. I told them I would be ready, but it didn't go through.

Oh well, I will be chillen here at the house until they need me. I need to catch up on some T.V. :)

wepwawet 11-10-2008 10:43 PM

Anyone still working for Carry that post here? I see blu hasent posted since 10/07 dont want to bug her if shes out doing her own thing. is the pay the same as the first page in this thread has listed? I put my app in agian they are looking for drivers in the lafayette term.(first time told me to finish getting my first yr under my belt)

Only thing that worries me about switching jobs is the test ride, 1 nvr done tanks before, 2 dbl clutching whats that :p . I havent dbl clutched since 2 days after leaving my trainers truck. Cant believe its been almost 2 yrs since then. On a check ride I would just be on edge like im under a microscope.

Im just tring to get some updated info etc if its on their website I cant find it.

Thanks
Troy

harleypiper 11-13-2008 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsyrob (Post 421881)

I think it could have been prevented. I got a message over my qualcom of a "boost pressure fault" and was reading 2 faults. I told the mechanic about it and he said not to worry about it, so I didn't and there I sat and to 45 hrs. off (paid of course). So I get back and report that the enging warning light and stop engine light came on, now I return to the truck tonight, the stop engine light still on, the truck hasn't moved and the slip I wrote it up on was in the trash. I'm guessing someone wants these trucks to break.

And it is pretty slow here in Springfield, a couple of inbound guys not leaving till Saturday.

geargrinder 11-13-2008 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harleypiper (Post 422982)
I think it could have been prevented. I got a message over my qualcom of a "boost pressure fault" and was reading 2 faults. I told the mechanic about it and he said not to worry about it, so I didn't and there I sat and to 45 hrs. off (paid of course). So I get back and report that the enging warning light and stop engine light came on, now I return to the truck tonight, the stop engine light still on, the truck hasn't moved and the slip I wrote it up on was in the trash. I'm guessing someone wants these trucks to break.

And it is pretty slow here in Springfield, a couple of inbound guys not leaving till Saturday.

I must have done something wrong at Superior because I never got them big hourly checks. When my truck broke down, i got paid from the time it broke until I checked into a hotel. Once I had an unloading delay, was supposed to deliver on Sunday, didn't get it off until Wednesday. All I got was the 16/8/10 forced layover deal. Yet I hear of others getting paid every minute from the time they checked in at the consignee until they got out of there - one guy said he got like 50 hours or so.

The new company I am at seems to have a bunch of dedicated freight. One of these days I might start a thread on my new employer - if I stay. It's a fairly small outfit (350 trucks) and I don't want to ruffle any feathers. The biggest complaint seems to be that the company is forcing drivers to run a legal logbook. I am sick of hanging out with the local so called trainer. Not learning anything new and I think he's just milking the extra $350 a day he gets for training. If I'm not done with this baloney mid next week I will probably bail and either beg superior for my job back, or go on a 2-day orientation and pull van.

Baby Bullseye 11-14-2008 05:31 AM

Hello Hello to one and all I'MMMMMMMMMMMMM baaaack

Sorry For being out so long trying to get used to being a New Wife again right along with being a mom and a driver so it has been a little busy on my end. Sorry didn't mean to disappear off the edge of the world. Still running good over here at Carry. Although I have been out sick for the past week. So Hello Hello to all that know me and A big ol' Hello to all those that don't. If anyone ever has a question for me you can always tell my husband Cyanide to ask me or tell him to yell at me to get back on this bad boy, sorry for all of those who feel neglected.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wepwawet (Post 422722)
Anyone still working for Carry that post here? I see blu hasent posted since 10/07 dont want to bug her if shes out doing her own thing. is the pay the same as the first page in this thread has listed? I put my app in agian they are looking for drivers in the lafayette term.(first time told me to finish getting my first yr under my belt)

Only thing that worries me about switching jobs is the test ride, 1 nvr done tanks before, 2 dbl clutching whats that :p . I havent dbl clutched since 2 days after leaving my trainers truck. Cant believe its been almost 2 yrs since then. On a check ride I would just be on edge like im under a microscope.

Im just tring to get some updated info etc if its on their website I cant find it.

Thanks
Troy

Troy Yes I still work at Carry. Quit a bit actually there are times it is kinda hard to get the wheels to stop turning. Depending on where you live you might want to call up at Bridgeview, Il. and talk to Brian. If Brian isn't in you might be able to talk to Don to get an idea. I am sure Cyanide will gladly give you the number there. Brian is the terminail manager through and deals with the hiring. I actually live about 60 miles North of Laf. As far as the test drive they actually do training here not test drive I don't know any trianers down in Laf. But I can tell you the guys that they have doing it up at Bridgeview are nice guys. And don't worry about the whole spasing this Trust me I did plunty of that while I was training and I had 14 months of OTR AW tanker driving under my belt I would probly still spase if I had to do it. but the guy (the poor man) that had to deal with me trying to drive that darn truck just grinned and bared it while I was trying to pull my head out of my butt. Don't get me wrong he said part of what was on his mind but I am ohhhhh so sure he didn't say everything.

The training you will do will be for about three weeks so you can learn all the lovely paperwork, unload pro. and make sure you are ok with the whole tank thing. As far as double clutching I would say when just starting on a tank because of the slosh I would do it anyways until you get use to the handling. I have been over here for almost 2 years and all and all it has been good when I am a good girl and do what I am suppose to. if I am not it is more of me feeling bad for upsetting other people for my dumb dumb mistakes.

Think of it this way everyone makes mistakes. And I mean Everyone (even mister perfect over there (Cyanide)). The trainers don't expect you to be perfect. They just expect you to listen to how to fix your mistakes.

Right now I am just shooting in the dark as far as what I think you want to know. So any questions just let Cyanide know that he has to pull my head out of................................................ ......................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. . ........The clouds and you will get your anwser even if I need to find someone else to ask it to. If need be you can get my e-mail address from Cyanide and E-mail me just make sure he tells me you are so that my head will come out of the lovely lovely clouds and check it . I wish you the best of luck and my what you need to happen happen for you and my your future find you if good order.

Thanks

Baby Bullseye

and if this post wasn't directed at me I do apologize for pulling my noise out of the clouds and into your business But if it is wrong it is all Cyanide's fault, he told me you had a question for me

I may not always be here in person but I am here in Spirit To all be safe and my what you need to happen happen. Night all someone over here says it is bed time. Cyanide says he will post soon.

You better watch out you better not cry and I'm about to tell you all why GPS is watching you. LOL just playing

Cyanide 11-15-2008 01:49 PM

Caution: Slacker Zone

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...lackerZone.jpg

Quote:

I actually live about 60 miles North of Lafayette.
Hey, what about me?! :P Remember, WE live there ya dork-azz! That does it. The mighty, ferocious, attack-dog Cocoa Puff is gonna go on a rampage now.....and piddling all the way!

Quote:

Think of it this way everyone makes mistakes. And I mean Everyone (even mister perfect over there (Cyanide))
I'm gonna come whoop on you baby! LOL

Quote:

Thats what you get for having a brand new truck. I am still rocking one of the old Freightliners. Has 695,000 miles on it. Runs great.
Quote:

My Freightliner has 788k on it and runs great. I'd just as soon keep on running with it but I believe they'll be retiring it after the first of the year.
My old FLD was a great runner as well before the engine went out, and is most likely what I'll be running again once (if) I decide to get rid of my current truck after the first of the year. I really do like the little bit more fuel economy this Intl. gets me, but I just prefer the extra room available in my Freightliner, especially with the liftable bunk. But, time will tell..... ;)

Quote:

Them old freightliners are fine, IF you're a midget that travels with only the clothes on your back
Try the one I'm in now behind my Jeep!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...19081107-2.jpg

Needless to say I really don't mind this flat top, as it's getting really good fuel economy, and more importantly, getting me home as often as before since it still makes me the money I need. Hell, since finally coming back to work at the end of last week, here's how things are looking for the last set of loads I've pulled...

Hub Miles: 4,262 (3,052 Loaded, 1,210 Empty.....72%-28% split)
Revenue: $7,348 ($5,702 Base revenue, $1,646 FSC)
Avg.: $1.724/hub mile
Fuel: 592 gallons (7.199 mpg)
Fuel Cost: $1,532 ($2.587/gallon)

Here soon I will be back down around the 50% empty ratio so of course the rate will drop a little. Y'all just remember though, according to some who have their own authority pulling reefers or flatbeds on this board and other trucking forums who apparently know everything about all things in the trucking industry (they know who they are LOL), tanker rates are supposedly in the toilet because of guys like me! ROTFLMFAO!!! Let me add also that up to November 9, 2008 I'm at 189 days working, 125 days off for the year and with more time off coming at Thanksgiving and then pretty much the last part of this year at Christmas leading into and past New Year's Day. So, if as an I/C and as I realistically expect to, I'll make in the neighborhood of $50,000 taxable net AFTER ALL EXPENSES and, with around 140 true, at-home, full days off for my family and I to do what we want, have done, and will continue to do I'm wrong. It's not all about the f*cking money and how high of a rate you get before expenses. Some people just don't get it and never will.... ;)

Quote:

Anyone still working for Carry that post here? I see blu hasent posted since 10/07 dont want to bug her if shes out doing her own thing. is the pay the same as the first page in this thread has listed? I put my app in agian they are looking for drivers in the Lafayette term.(first time told me to finish getting my first yr under my belt)

Only thing that worries me about switching jobs is the test ride, 1 nvr done tanks before, 2 dbl clutching whats that . I havent dbl clutched since 2 days after leaving my trainers truck. Cant believe its been almost 2 yrs since then. On a check ride I would just be on edge like im under a microscope.

Thanks
Troy
Troy, how ya doing?! My wife still currently drives for them as she previously posted and can give you all the ins and outs of how things go there. As for current info concerning pay and bennies, everything I have listed on the first page here is still correct. If you get on out of Lafayette you'll be running for Rob (terminal mgr.). From I can tell you, he's a really nice guy, though obviously I don't deal with him for work except for stopping to get fuel there at the yard occasionally, since many times this year fuel there was lower cost than what I could get from the Love's or TA truckstops, even with the discount we get as those two! :D You'll do fine as long as you remember that you just need to keep your wits about you and take in what you're taught, especially once you go to Kingsport, TN for orientation and training. I imagine sooner or later I'll run into ya down there at the yard if you do get hired on. Heck, I think y'all only have about seven drivers there now as is! Be safe and don't hesitate to ask questions. More later...

Back to my normal, happy life :D Hehehehehehehehehehehe.....

geargrinder 11-16-2008 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyanide (Post 423443)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...lackerZone.jpg

Needless to say I really don't mind this flat top, as it's getting really good fuel economy, and more importantly, getting me home as often as before since it still makes me the money I need. Hell, since finally coming back to work at the end of last week, here's how things are looking for the last set of loads I've pulled...

Are you telling us you bought another Superior beater to continue as an IC? That is way funny. You got titanium balls! Man, I had so many breakdowns with their "still in service" beaters - I wouldn't trust their "for sale" beaters on a trip to the local 7-11. Is TA giving you Frequent Flier points? Just ribbin ya, I think :confused:

Skywalker 11-18-2008 09:53 PM

"BB".... I was talking to "you know who" the other day....about 4 days ago..and he wanted me to post something in response to you....but dagnabbit.... I had a serious brain fart and I can't remember what he put me up to saying....I think it was something about how much he loves you and how well he takes care of you and all that smarmy stuff..... Getting old really sucks....senior moments and all that.....

Me, just over two years at Superior....still have ZERO complaints. And I do mean it. I'm still a "happy camper". Yes there's actually been a time or two when I've been home an extra day or two, but hey, to me its better to have the extra time AT HOME then hanging out in some grungy truckstop..... Still making more than I did pulling a van, and its fun actually logging things like I do them.... 100% legal!!! In fact I got a Level 1 up in MO last week or so....and got a "sticker" on my window.....all is good with the world for me.

Its gonna be in the high 30's here in the morning.....but I'm heading north tomorrow, I guess I'll have to drag the cold weather back north with me.....LOL!!

pumkindrvr 11-20-2008 03:55 PM

Looking for some advice about Superior

I have been a lurker for a while, sucking up as much info as possible. Anyway, as soon as they pull my mvr, Superior wants me to come in for a road test. The terminal is 260 miles away and they don't take the truck home. That will make for a long commute. I think I could live with that if they let me stay out longer and take longer home time. I worked for one company that only gave you three days off, even if you stayed out 2 months. So my question for you guys who have been at Superior a while, how far would you commute for your job?

One more question. What do you guys average gross a day? My last job before relocating from Vegas to Penna, I was paid $180 a day for 14 hours and I was home daily. I think I should be making at least that or more to sleep in a truck. Am I wrong?

Thanks for all the good info.

Skywalker 11-21-2008 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumkindrvr (Post 424338)
I have been a lurker for a while, sucking up as much info as possible. Anyway, as soon as they pull my mvr, Superior wants me to come in for a road test. The terminal is 260 miles away and they don't take the truck home. That will make for a long commute. I think I could live with that if they let me stay out longer and take longer home time. I worked for one company that only gave you three days off, even if you stayed out 2 months. So my question for you guys who have been at Superior a while, how far would you commute for your job?

One more question. What do you guys average gross a day? My last job before relocating from Vegas to Penna, I was paid $180 a day for 14 hours and I was home daily. I think I should be making at least that or more to sleep in a truck. Am I wrong?

Right now.... I'm commuting a little over 110 miles....and I would commute further if I had too. (Don't tell anyone though.) Push come to shove...I would relocate for the job, if it came down to that. Superior has been good about time off....and considering the income it works out quite well. I'm rather happy as I've said before.

I have grossed $143.75 for every day of this year. That's not just the days that I have worked....that's 7 days a week, 30 days a month, for the past 10 months and 21 days. That's my gross pay even for my days off..... I put it that way, because I honestly can't tell you how many days I have had off in the past 10 months and 21 days. I would have to bet that my average daily wage is higher than $180.00.

You shouldn't have any problem doing better.

wsyrob 11-23-2008 02:31 PM

I am down your way Skywalker. Stting a the Lakeland Fla terminal getting a 34 reset in before my load delivers on Monday. I was 4th in line waiting to get a load out of Pasadent Tx last week when 3 loads came in for the Karns City Pa area. They went to Wallyworld to buy long johns lol.

Nothing for me the next morning so they sent me over to Sulpher La and I immediately got a load out of Westlake bound for Clearwater Fl. Left before some of those guys loaded in Houston. Life is good.

Cyanide 11-23-2008 03:25 PM

Great place to be! :D

Hey Wsyrob good to see ya again! Glad to hear things are still going well for you. Skywalker is beating feet now for Boca Raton to make a very tight delivery schedule for tomorrow morning, and doesn't think he'll cross paths with you this time around. He also says that the Publix across the street from the yard has a very good deli (great rotisserie chicken), and there's also a half decent Chinese restaurant in that same plaza.

Quote:

Hello Pumkindrvr and welcome aboard! Glad the info we all post on here has helped ya out. To answer your questions.....

Personally I have no problems making a long commute for a very good job provided I am able to take off extra time in order to make up for that kind of travel. Before I originally hired on here back in July 2006 I was willing to make the 130+ mile drive to/from Savannah, GA, it's just that at that time Superior still wasn't hiring from FL at all. I presently commute about 40 miles to/from the yard in Westville, and then I also add on a drive to/from the Indianapolis Airport to fly down and back to FL to see my son every few 3-4 weeks on average (another 130+ miles to/from the house). Ooops, I must have forgotten to ever mention anything about flying to FL every month!!!!!

:D

As for the second part of your question, here's how things are looking for me for this year. Remember that this is my total actual taxable income as an O/O after all expenses and then temporarily for a few weeks as a company driver again. Works for me!

Jan. 01 to Nov. 16, 2008
Gross Taxable Income: $49,377
Hub Miles: 100,565
Days Working: 193
Days Off: 128 (with at least fourteen more to come before the end of the year)
Avg. Pay: .49/hub mile.....$153.82/day (all days accounted for)

From a Carry driver's perspective, my wife commutes almost 80 miles to get to/from work herself, and up to Nov. 2nd she had grossed $36,467 and, has taken about 100 days off herself. So she's making roughly about $119/day for every day of the year and generally every weekend off, plus extra extended time off when we take our vacations during Spring Break, kids' summer break, Halloween, Christmas, etc.

;)