Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   All About Cr England. (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/26435-all-about-cr-england.html)

LostProphet 04-20-2007 10:38 PM

All About Cr England.

Greetings fellow drivers,this is my first post here.I stumbled upon this site by chance and thought it was actually well put together.While surfing these message boards,i noticed alot of topics about CR england,so i decided to contribute my .02 cents.I started The Cr England trucking school in mira loma,california late feb of '06.The course lasts 2 1/2 weeks.They will give you all the answers to the cdl permit test verbatum.All you do is memorize the answers,and as for your driving test the instructors on site for cr england are certified to issue it to you upon completion of your test.After i completed this stage i,along with the other graduates met with a coordinator,who promptly threatened us,that if we left without completing our training,that they would put this on our dac and destroy our credit.This was just the beginning of many threats.Upon recieving my trainer,i met him at our mira loma school.I requested a non-smoker trainer.when he arrived,there was also another student with him.A 350lbs pleasant fellow.So it was 3 grown men getting ready to travel the u.s.200 miles down the road my trainer fired up a cigarette,needless to say i requested a non smoker,but i guess the training dept didnt feel i needed one.Long story short my trainer didnt bathe but maybe every 6 days.The smell began to grow putrid.MY trainer also would not teach or show us how to back or any kind of manuever.HE would simply put us on the highway and let us roll.After a week,i got off the truck and went back to california and requested a new trainer.I recieved a new trainer and completed my training with him after 3 more weeks.after you complete training you have to "upgrade" and complete a series of saftey meetings and instruction,where they all but force you to lease a truck.The cheapest truck payment you will recieve if you decide to do a lease is $625 dollars a week, along with many other deductions you will pay.Also,your pay during training is $50 dollars a day(and they take $75 dollars out of your check a week for your school payment).This money is paid out from your trainer to england,and england in turn pays you.You driver-trainer gets paid for ALL miles you drive.Basically you got a trainer getting paid for team miles while you get peanuts.

Upon completion of training you will go out for ANOTHER 3 weeks with what is called a "cat 1st seat.During this phase you will get .11 cents a mile for 3 weeks.The cat 1st seat is a new driver who has decided to lease a truck,so they put you on the truck with the cat 1st seat once again in a pimp/hoe type of role,but in this situation it can be dangerous because all cat 1st seats have less than 6mo experience.MY own personal experience with the cat 1st seat was,he would often try to get me to do most of the driving and he also took 3 days off and parked the truck in front of his house.which means,if the truck doesnt move,i dont get payed either.So i toughed it out and dealt with it.After 3 weeks i was done,i was assigned my own truck which, was a 395,xxx mile freightliner.

About 6 weeks after i went company and i got my truck,i decided to apply at u.s express. I took a few days off from work to attend there orientation at there terminal in california.I completed all of the orientation,but at the end when u.s express called england to verify my employment,CR england refused to give any reference or even acknowlegde the fact i worked for them.I hadnt worked long enough for it to have been reported on my DAC that i was in fact an England employee.So i couldnt work for u.s express at the time.I decided to just tough it out for a year with england to get my experience and go local.

During the duration of my employment,i was constantly lied to about loadtimes and my disptach didnt get me home for thanksgiving after i put in for it 6 weeks in advance.the majority of my loads with CR England were 40,000lbs plus loads with alot of north east.You will deliver at odd times,you will have to deal with alot of lumpers and you will have to get alot of washouts.I was never paid for my orientation with england.they constantly "lost" my lumper receipts that i turned in with my trip paks and would try to charge me the driver for the expense.IF you go with this company you WILL LEARN ALOT about truck driving,merely because you are often forced to problem solve your own situations.The road service dept is a joke,and you better have a cell phone because all they will do is give you a local dealership to get towed too.You will have to call them up,along with the tow company.I was averaging about 1700 miles a week during my employ with CRE,which doesnt constitute much because when i started with them,they were paying .24 cents a mile.The good thing about england though,is that theyre a huge company with alot of drivers,so if you need something like logbooks or extra trip paks youll always run into another CRE driver if you need to bum some off them.What alot of people also dont know is a few years back a lease operator commited suicide in his tractor while sitting at a shipper.ALso,about 2 years ago,england was audited by the D.O.T for issuing CDL's to drivers from instructers who werent even certified to do so.All of the drivers who recieved there CDL from CRE during that fiscal year had there CDL's recalled and made null and void until they returned to there home state and retook the exam at the DMV.After a year of 0 accidents and 0 citations i went to ABF,and i havent looked back.I did this because at the time i was desperate and didnt have any other options so i signed on with CRE and went through all this.In conclusion the only people who lease trucks from CRE are people with bad credit and have been sold on the "own your own business" lie they tell you.When it all boils down to it,its not your truck,youre an england employee just like everyone else,and when you realize what youve done its already to late.They will lie to you and try to cheat you,MAKE COPIES OF EVERY RECEIPT,and make copies of all your bills,because they will "lose" something at sometime or another,and make you pay for it.Good Luck.

Roco 04-20-2007 11:43 PM

CR England Inc Trucking And CDL Program.

The Truth About CR ENGLAND INC Salt Lake City Ut.
Anyone seeking Training Really Needs To Look Else Where'
This is not!.. A'..Company I' will give any good remarks'
CR England has done nothing for Drivers or Students'
And its about time' the former students' drivers speak out!
' This Company just look' on the 'Trucking Forums' how many..
Times 'do you see 'CR England Inc Trucking' Many Many
Former CR England Drivers and Students have spoke!
Can anybody say oneday will go by without bitter truth.
Drivers being stranded ' A' Lease That Needs To Be Done Away'
Lease its just pure driver no gain come on CR England'
You need to have some ....Class ..About ...Your..Self..
Nothing But ...Total ...CR England.. Better Yet ..Sell .
To some respectable People.. Can You Think On That.
Drivers Send Your Letters To The Groups That Help People
CR ENGLAND PLEASE JUST CLOSE YOUR DOORS..
GOOD SUPPLIERS DONT NEED CRUMMY COMPANIES
THINK ABOUT THAT REALLY

BanditsCousin 04-22-2007 08:20 PM

I never understood the lease program.

I used to rent a truck from Ryder OR Penske for months at a time, and never paid more than $550/wk for a tractor I did 0% maintenance on. I did have a .10/mileage charge, but England also gives you a reach-around and charges mileage too on the unit.

Its funny, they won't let you rent a truck and be an o/o without 1 year exp, but they throw you in a truck and charge out the arse weekly. hell, even their formula on the webpage boast a $52,000 profit, but they base it on, like 150,000 miles/solo/annually.

It might also be a requirement that you leave a LARGE ziplock bag filled with human urine and feces next to a United Van Lines truck at mile marker 320 on I40 in Crossville, TN too :roll:

silvan 04-22-2007 08:41 PM

Good post! I had a CRE recruiter crawling up my butt many moons ago trying to get me to come through their program. Every time I read something like this, I'm that much more grateful I had the good sense to shy away from that outfit.

Do they still do mostly/all frozen, and still make drivers restack all of that shit from little pallets to big pallets for free?

Telling that CRE recruiter no thank you was the best choice I ever made for sure. (I think staying away from the Pumpkin was the second best. I paid up the gazoo to go to school on my own, but I've never had a crappy driving job, unless you count my nine days of insanity where I had a brief encounter with the concrete industry. Shiver.)

WildK9 04-22-2007 08:53 PM

Re: CR England Inc Trucking And CDL Program.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roco
The Truth About CR ENGLAND INC Salt Lake City Ut.
Anyone seeking Training Really Needs To Look Else Where'
This is not!.. A'..Company I' will give any good remarks'
CR England has done nothing for Drivers or Students'
And its about time' the former students' drivers speak out!
' This Company just look' on the 'Trucking Forums' how many..
Times 'do you see 'CR England Inc Trucking' Many Many
Former CR England Drivers and Students have spoke!
Can anybody say oneday will go by without bitter truth.
Drivers being stranded ' A' Lease That Needs To Be Done Away'
Lease its just pure driver no gain come on CR England'
You need to have some ....Class ..About ...Your..Self..
Nothing But ...Total ...CR England.. Better Yet ..Sell .
To some respectable People.. Can You Think On That.
Drivers Send Your Letters To The Groups That Help People
CR ENGLAND PLEASE JUST CLOSE YOUR DOORS..
GOOD SUPPLIERS DONT NEED CRUMMY COMPANIES
THINK ABOUT THAT REALLY

maybe it's just me, but this post isn't the easiest to comprehend :wink:

blazer 04-23-2007 09:41 PM

If this thread doesn't want to make you stay away from CR England, nothing will.

Red Clay Rambler 04-23-2007 09:55 PM

silvan, what was your brief encounter with the concrete industry? What were you driving and for whom?

Mr. Ford95 04-23-2007 10:34 PM

His concrete experience was prolly driving a mixer in the dead of winter with no heat or middle of summer with no AC. Those tiny little cabs get hotter than Hades in the summer. Very dirty when washing out the drum if your not aware of how your spraying the water in. The newer trucks are real easy to run, huge cabs with AC and heat, hand held button controls instead of 2 pogo sticks and a switch. Peterbilt put out a truck that came with a hand held control that fit in your palm and was wireless.

LostProphet 04-23-2007 10:54 PM

The only thing that bothers me is that there are alot of good people who try to start out with that company,good people,honest people who just want to support there family and get a foot in the door.And england just capitalizes off the "dream of your own business",and just puts these good people through the ringer.

Cluggy619 04-24-2007 01:49 AM

Geeeeessseee.

Another CRE post on how bad it is over there.

I know this info was here on this board...why don't drivers read and learn from others?

If you are reading this, and then go to get hired at CRE, PLEASE DON'T COME BACK HERE AND POST HOW BAD YOU GOT IT OVER THERE!!!!

Now, if you are just finding this posting, and are new to this board, this doesn't apply to you. But there are those who have been with this board for awhile, and should have known better.

inmate1577 04-24-2007 10:12 AM

I see fewer and fewer CR trucks on the road these days, compared to last year.
Something must not be right.
There is alot of badmouthing of companies on these kind of sites but rarely if ever do you ever see anyone who works for England.....defending them.

I think the problem with alot of people who apply at these companies is that they are totally broke and go for company paid training and expect to make that magical "60k the first year!" But never take into account that there are basic expenses when you are working out on the road.

And its always the same "nobody ever told me...blah blah blah"

coastie 04-24-2007 10:57 AM

Re: All About Cr England.

Not to defend CRE for they are a bad Company. I'm not defending CRE, but trying to point out this could been with any company out there. Swift, P.A.M. Crete, KLLM, JB Hunt, and many many more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostProphet
Long story short my trainer didnt bathe but maybe every 6 days.The smell began to grow putrid.MY trainer also would not teach or show us how to back or any kind of manuever.HE would simply put us on the highway and let us roll.After a week,i got off the truck and went back to california and requested a new trainer.

So you got a bad trainer who stunk. look around the Truck stops you'll see many drivers that way. You would seen that in all the Training companies. Not a CRE exclusively event.

I recieved a new trainer and completed my training with him after 3 more weeks.after you complete training you have to "upgrade" and complete a series of saftey meetings and instruction,where they all but force you to lease a truck.The cheapest truck payment you will recieve if you decide to do a lease is $625 dollars a week, along with many other deductions you will pay.Also,your pay during training is $50 dollars a day(and they take $75 dollars out of your check a week for your school payment).This money is paid out from your trainer to england,and england in turn pays you.You driver-trainer gets paid for ALL miles you drive.Basically you got a trainer getting paid for team miles while you get peanuts.

Upon completion of training you will go out for ANOTHER 3 weeks with what is called a "cat 1st seat.During this phase you will get .11 cents a mile for 3 weeks.The cat 1st seat is a new driver who has decided to lease a truck,so they put you on the truck with the cat 1st seat once again in a pimp/hoe type of role,but in this situation it can be dangerous because all cat 1st seats have less than 6mo experience.MY own personal experience with the cat 1st seat was,he would often try to get me to do most of the driving and he also took 3 days off and parked the truck in front of his house.which means,if the truck doesnt move,i dont get payed either.So i toughed it out and dealt with it.After 3 weeks i was done,i was assigned my own truck which, was a 395,xxx mile freightliner.

About 6 weeks after i went company and i got my truck,i decided to apply at u.s express. I took a few days off from work to attend there orientation at there terminal in california.I completed all of the orientation,but at the end when u.s express called england to verify my employment,CR england refused to give any reference or even acknowlegde the fact i worked for them.I hadnt worked long enough for it to have been reported on my DAC that i was in fact an England employee.So i couldnt work for u.s express at the time.I decided to just tough it out for a year with england to get my experience and go local.

Surprized CRE did not fire you then and there.

During the duration of my employment,i was constantly lied to about loadtimes and my disptach didnt get me home for thanksgiving after i put in for it 6 weeks in advance.
Welcome To Trucking, CRE and many other companies only promise to try to get you home.
the majority of my loads with CR England were 40,000lbs plus loads with alot of north east.You will deliver at odd times,you will have to deal with alot of lumpers and you will have to get alot of washouts.I was never paid for my orientation with england.they constantly "lost" my lumper receipts that i turned in with my trip paks and would try to charge me the driver for the expense.
Nothing new, was your logs right? many compaines will not pay you the expenses if your logs does not match.
IF you go with this company you WILL LEARN ALOT about truck driving,merely because you are often forced to problem solve your own situations.The road service dept is a joke,and you better have a cell phone because all they will do is give you a local dealership to get towed too.You will have to call them up,along with the tow company.I was averaging about 1700 miles a week during my employ with CRE,which doesnt constitute much because when i started with them,they were paying .24 cents a mile.The good thing about england though,is that theyre a huge company with alot of drivers,so if you need something like logbooks or extra trip paks youll always run into another CRE driver if you need to bum some off them.
1700 miles you must P.O. your DM. As for the 24 cents a mile you knew that before you signed the dotted line. it clear as a bell
What alot of people also dont know is a few years back a lease operator commited suicide in his tractor while sitting at a shipper.ALso,about 2 years ago,england was audited by the D.O.T for issuing CDL's to drivers from instructers who werent even certified to do so.All of the drivers who recieved there CDL from CRE during that fiscal year had there CDL's recalled and made null and void until they returned to there home state and retook the exam at the DMV.After a year of 0 accidents and 0 citations i went to ABF,and i havent looked back.I did this because at the time i was desperate and didnt have any other options so i signed on with CRE and went through all this.In conclusion the only people who lease trucks from CRE are people with bad credit and have been sold on the "own your own business" lie they tell you.When it all boils down to it,its not your truck,youre an england employee just like everyone else,and when you realize what youve done its already to late.
All of the Lease Programs of the companies are like that just about. very few would be the exception, which I know none my self. That the only real Grip I would have with CRE in general other than short fall out of pay amount. But that well known.
They will lie to you and try to cheat you,MAKE COPIES OF EVERY RECEIPT,and make copies of all your bills,because they will "lose" something at sometime or another,and make you pay for it.Good Luck.

I'm not a recruiter, nor am I driving for CRE. least not know. Yes I started off with CRE and went through ther Training program. But from what you stated they increased the training since I went through with them. So you got more training I did. I did have a great Trainer with CRE, not all are bad. After my trainer released me, he left and went to the Brothers Pride Trucking.

After I left them, I found out I was making money, for I had more money than I thought I did in the bank. My wife and I survived nearly a month paying bills till I got my 3rd job after leaving CRE. Ileft CRE and went to work driving for an Outlaw outfit that I did not make that much with.

Yes my DM and I had a few words, and then I went back and showed him I was a worker and made up for it. Till I got home.

inmate1577 04-24-2007 12:14 PM

One of the problems is that many new drivers let themselves be bullied by the company they work for. Alot of these dispatchers and trainers are ex-military and still live in the military mindset(I'm not dissing the military) and will tell someone who is new that "this is the way it is"
and the new guy.......accepts it or the new guy is formal military and still is in the mindset of "I'm told what to do and I do it"

Me, I'm not former military , I'm former Union and I told them to "eat (insert expletive)"

After that things ran smoothly. :wink:
One of the best pieces advice I got from a fellow co driver was "dont let them push you around" and I havent. When I'm due for TAH, I let them know. I dont accept any loads that infringe on that time, or deliver on the day I'm supposed to be home. As they say , I'm the "captain of my ship", so actually I'm Capt. Bligh. :lol:

LostProphet 04-24-2007 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coastie
Not to defend CRE for they are a bad Company. I'm not defending CRE, but trying to point out this could been with any company out there. Swift, P.A.M. Crete, KLLM, JB Hunt, and many many more.

Quote:

Long story short my trainer didnt bathe but maybe every 6 days.The smell began to grow putrid.MY trainer also would not teach or show us how to back or any kind of manuever.HE would simply put us on the highway and let us roll.After a week,i got off the truck and went back to california and requested a new trainer.

So you got a bad trainer who stunk. look around the Truck stops you'll see many drivers that way. You would seen that in all the Training companies. Not a CRE exclusively event.

I recieved a new trainer and completed my training with him after 3 more weeks.after you complete training you have to "upgrade" and complete a series of saftey meetings and instruction,where they all but force you to lease a truck.The cheapest truck payment you will recieve if you decide to do a lease is $625 dollars a week, along with many other deductions you will pay.Also,your pay during training is $50 dollars a day(and they take $75 dollars out of your check a week for your school payment).This money is paid out from your trainer to england,and england in turn pays you.You driver-trainer gets paid for ALL miles you drive.Basically you got a trainer getting paid for team miles while you get peanuts.

Surprized CRE did not fire you then and there.

During the duration of my employment,i was constantly lied to about loadtimes and my disptach didnt get me home for thanksgiving after i put in for it 6 weeks in advance.
Welcome To Trucking, CRE and many other companies only promise to try to get you home.
the majority of my loads with CR England were 40,000lbs plus loads with alot of north east.You will deliver at odd times,you will have to deal with alot of lumpers and you will have to get alot of washouts.I was never paid for my orientation with england.they constantly "lost" my lumper receipts that i turned in with my trip paks and would try to charge me the driver for the expense.
Nothing new, was your logs right? many compaines will not pay you the expenses if your logs does not match.
IF you go with this company you WILL LEARN ALOT about truck driving,merely because you are often forced to problem solve your own situations.The road service dept is a joke,and you better have a cell phone because all they will do is give you a local dealership to get towed too.You will have to call them up,along with the tow company.I was averaging about 1700 miles a week during my employ with CRE,which doesnt constitute much because when i started with them,they were paying .24 cents a mile.The good thing about england though,is that theyre a huge company with alot of drivers,so if you need something like logbooks or extra trip paks youll always run into another CRE driver if you need to bum some off them.
1700 miles you must P.O. your DM. As for the 24 cents a mile you knew that before you signed the dotted line. it clear as a bell
What alot of people also dont know is a few years back a lease operator commited suicide in his tractor while sitting at a shipper.ALso,about 2 years ago,england was audited by the D.O.T for issuing CDL's to drivers from instructers who werent even certified to do so.All of the drivers who recieved there CDL from CRE during that fiscal year had there CDL's recalled and made null and void until they returned to there home state and retook the exam at the DMV.After a year of 0 accidents and 0 citations i went to ABF,and i havent looked back.I did this because at the time i was desperate and didnt have any other options so i signed on with CRE and went through all this.In conclusion the only people who lease trucks from CRE are people with bad credit and have been sold on the "own your own business" lie they tell you.When it all boils down to it,its not your truck,youre an england employee just like everyone else,and when you realize what youve done its already to late.
All of the Lease Programs of the companies are like that just about. very few would be the exception, which I know none my self. That the only real Grip I would have with CRE in general other than short fall out of pay amount. But that well known.
They will lie to you and try to cheat you,MAKE COPIES OF EVERY RECEIPT,and make copies of all your bills,because they will "lose" something at sometime or another,and make you pay for it.Good Luck.

I'm not a recruiter, nor am I driving for CRE. least not know. Yes I started off with CRE and went through ther Training program. But from what you stated they increased the training since I went through with them. So you got more training I did. I did have a great Trainer with CRE, not all are bad. After my trainer released me, he left and went to the Brothers Pride Trucking.

After I left them, I found out I was making money, for I had more money than I thought I did in the bank. My wife and I survived nearly a month paying bills till I got my 3rd job after leaving CRE. Ileft CRE and went to work driving for an Outlaw outfit that I did not make that much with.

Yes my DM and I had a few words, and then I went back and showed him I was a worker and made up for it. Till I got home.

No offense but i could really carless about what you think.The reason i made this post was to give people who are interested in the company a first hand perspective on what somebody who actually spent a year with the company went through.Did you spend a year with the company?probably not...Thats why I really could care less what you think.Im only interested in people who have first hand experience.And why would CR ENGLAND fire me for looking for another job?they have the highest turnover rate in the industry.OH and i also noticed YOU HAD A COMMENT ON EVERYTHING I SAID EXCEPT THE FACT THAT THEY GOT AUDITED FOR ILLEGALLY ISSUING LICENSES,isnt that convenient,could that have happened with any other company too?as you remarked earlier in your post?i think not.Good day

inmate1577 04-24-2007 09:57 PM

Yeah...but alot of people have spent a year listening to former employees complain about CR England.

Your not the first, you wont be the last. And no matter HOW MUCH INFORMATION is available warning people to avoid CR England they'll go work for them.

Then in about year, they'll be here complaining about CR ENGLAND.

LostProphet 04-24-2007 11:13 PM

And thats fine.However,alot of the posts about CRE were from people who didnt complete the program,and alot of what was posted was hear-say.Just contributed my .02 was all.Everyone here is probably an adult and make there own choices in life,i posted what I went through as an individual,not how it "could of happened" at another company,or what i heard someone else say.This is just one mans personal experience with a company,nothing more,nothing less.If I at the time had access to a site like this or something similar to it,maybe i would changed my decision.However i did get good experience,and I have a fantastic local job.God bless

silvan 04-25-2007 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
His concrete experience was prolly driving a mixer in the dead of winter with no heat or middle of summer with no AC.

It was the dead of winter, which didn't help anything, but I'm just not a ready mix kind of guy. I could write a long message about why I hated the job, but it wasn't because the company was anything but nice to me. It's just not my cup of tea.

coastie 04-25-2007 01:10 AM

Quote:

snt that convenient,could that have happened with any other company too?as you remarked earlier in your post?i think not.Good day

Read thiese Boards you will see many otheres saying about the same thing you said about CRE about many other companies. So YES it can happen. Read threads about JB HUNT, Swift, and 100's others. CRE does not have a moloply over being a bad company.

Also you will see one guy complain about a company, then another come and Brag about the same one.

You had a bad experence with CRE like many others, my self included, but CRE must be doing something right cause they have Drivers who stay with them years after Year.

My Point is that what you experence could just as well happen with ABF or many others. Where other Drivers may not.

LostProphet 04-25-2007 01:30 AM

Quote:

Quote:

snt that convenient,could that have happened with any other company too?as you remarked earlier in your post?i think not.Good day

Read thiese Boards you will see many otheres saying about the same thing you said about CRE about many other companies. So YES it can happen. Read threads about JB HUNT, Swift, and 100's others. CRE does not have a moloply over being a bad company.

Also you will see one guy complain about a company, then another come and Brag about the same one.

You had a bad experence with CRE like many others, my self included, but CRE must be doing something right cause they have Drivers who stay with them years after Year.

My Point is that what you experence could just as well happen with ABF or many others. Where other Drivers may not.

#1 It couldnt happen with a 100 other companies,because 100 other companies simply dont train.#2 the drivers you will see who are with CRE are either contractually obligated through a lease they signed,or they have a horrible safety record and cant get on with a better company or they are new to the industry.Why would a individual stay with CRE when they could easily make MORE money at another company doing the same thing,but for more money?And the answer to that is because CRE will take drivers other companies wont.CRE is doing something right though,and what theyre doing right is they are the easiest route to getting a CDL,whether you are qualified or not.Each student is $3000,A large portion of there gross revenue is through there training,and thats not an opinion,thats a FACT.Thats what makes them somewhat different than thee others,the way they push the lease program,the enormous amount of students they have,the enormous amount of turn over rate they have.whats funny is,i remember one week I got 15 consecutive redlights on my pre pass to pull into scales.got 5 level 3 inspections,even tho my truck was spotless,with not one piece of trash on the dashboard.whats that tell you...god bless...

coastie 04-25-2007 03:46 AM

LostProphet

Just read the other stories about companies. You will see it does. happen, not to just training companies. but all. Everyone has Drivers who has ahad a problem and they come on these forums and complain about it. Back 7 years ago, I may have been the biggest, but now I seen what was truely happening. My attitude. Good luck... I'm sure we see you complaining about another company soon.

LostProphet 04-25-2007 03:55 AM

Quote:

LostProphet

Just read the other stories about companies. You will see it does. happen, not to just training companies. but all. Everyone has Drivers who has ahad a problem and they come on these forums and complain about it. Back 7 years ago, I may have been the biggest, but now I seen what was truely happening. My attitude. Good luck... I'm sure we see you complaining about another company soon.

me complaining about another company?lol..i doubt it..abf is awesome for me and a goodfit..however you coastie,first say england is a bad company,then you go and contradict yourself..im not sure WHAT your point is really..lol..either way, may god bless you and have a good evening sir.

inmate1577 04-25-2007 06:53 AM

Quote:

And thats fine.However,alot of the posts about CRE were from people who didnt complete the program,and alot of what was posted was hear-say.Just contributed my .02 was all.Everyone here is probably an adult and make there own choices in life,i posted what I went through as an individual,not how it "could of happened" at another company,or what i heard someone else say.This is just one mans personal experience with a company,nothing more,nothing less.If I at the time had access to a site like this or something similar to it,maybe i would changed my decision.However i did get good experience,and I have a fantastic local job.God bless

It doesnt matter what experience you had with England. Actually its rather irrelevent because you can post warnings about CRE all over the place but people will still apply to them and they will still come here and say the same story.

You seem to forget that for every warning or word of caution you post someone will be along to disagree with it. We live in a world now where there has to be signs on the bathroom door reminding people to "wash their hands"

You had a bad experience with CRE and alot of other people have as well. But you always learn from a bad experience and hopefully improve.
If you have than CRE did you a favor.

Now when I decided that I wanted to get my CDL I found this place. I had seen England trucks on the road and alot of other companies, wrote their names down, looked 'em up on the web and somehow I stumbled here and read the information. When someone tells you that a movie sucks , it just might be personal opinion but when alot of people tell you that the same movie sucks, chances are........it really does suck.

coastie 04-25-2007 07:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:

LostProphet

me complaining about another company?lol..i doubt it..abf is awesome for me and a goodfit..however you coastie,first say england is a bad company,then you go and contradict yourself..im not sure WHAT your point is really..lol..either way, may god bless you and have a good evening sir.

I never contradicted my self. I agree England a bad company. But you will never see my point for tthe closed Eyes. If you read many of the other post what you were saying is about many other companies also. But first you MUST open your eyes. YOu proved your eyes are closed but the statement saying I contradicte my self.

Personally Sorry you had the bad experence with them.

My point I was trying to make was not about you at all in the first place. Try reading the forums alot closer, and you will see wht I am saying.

Barrelburner 04-25-2007 08:38 AM

They sound like they were when I drove for them [my first driving job]. And that was 10 years ago.

Highwayman 04-26-2007 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inmate1577
One of the problems is that many new drivers let themselves be bullied by the company they work for. Alot of these dispatchers and trainers are ex-military and still live in the military mindset(I'm not dissing the military) and will tell someone who is new that "this is the way it is"
and the new guy.......accepts it or the new guy is formal military and still is in the mindset of "I'm told what to do and I do it"

Me, I'm not former military , I'm former Union and I told them to "eat (insert expletive)"

After that things ran smoothly. :wink:
One of the best pieces advice I got from a fellow co driver was "dont let them push you around" and I havent. When I'm due for TAH, I let them know. I dont accept any loads that infringe on that time, or deliver on the day I'm supposed to be home. As they say , I'm the "captain of my ship", so actually I'm Capt. Bligh. :lol:

One of the best pieces of advice I was given was by an OLD CRE driver when I was a 2 month rookie with them. I told this driver how dispatch was giving me impossible loads, etc, and how I didn't see how I was going to get all that done, and he told me not to worry about it, if they keep pestering me, tell them to go f**k themselves. He said not to worry about losing your job, because they won't fire you, and if they do, so what? You'll be driving some other moron's truck pulling the same freight to the same docks this time next week.

He was absolutely right - made things MUCH less stressful.

Georgia92200 05-08-2007 04:39 AM

I've worked for C.R.England as a lease operator for 2 years, went through their training and I've made crap loads of money with them, even after taking 3 months vacation last year. I recruit people to England and don't give them my driver code because I'm more interested in helping people succed rather than make money. I will have my truck paid off in 14 more months, but I am free to take my truck to any company any time I please. England puts 150 new drivers on the road every week and alot of people don't know how to run their own business so they don't need to try. I will defend C.R. England to anyone that would like me to.

LostProphet 05-08-2007 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgia92200
I've worked for C.R.England as a lease operator for 2 years, went through their training and I've made crap loads of money with them, even after taking 3 months vacation last year. I recruit people to England and don't give them my driver code because I'm more interested in helping people succed rather than make money. I will have my truck paid off in 14 more months, but I am free to take my truck to any company any time I please. England puts 150 new drivers on the road every week and alot of people don't know how to run their own business so they don't need to try. I will defend C.R. England to anyone that would like me to.

Couple questions for you.you leased your truck through CR ENGLAND correct?meaning that you didnt purchase a truck from a dealer and then lease it on correct? Im curious as to how you can take your truck to another company when its leased through cr england? Also,how will your truck be "paid off" in 14months if youre leasing it?and if you are leasing through cr england,your minimum payment would be at least 600 dollars a week,plus insurance..etc..how could you afford to pay that without running?

Smooth 05-08-2007 12:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Couple questions for you.you leased your truck through CR ENGLAND correct?meaning that you didnt purchase a truck from a dealer and then lease it on correct? Im curious as to how you can take your truck to another company when its leased through cr england? Also,how will your truck be "paid off" in 14months if youre leasing it?and if you are leasing through cr england,your minimum payment would be at least 600 dollars a week,plus insurance..etc..how could you afford to pay that without running?

Don't worry it's just some moron recruiter on here trying to defend England .

LostProphet 05-08-2007 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth
Quote:

Quote:

Don't worry it's just some moron recruiter on here trying to defend England .

You know what?I think youre right.I initially thought the same thing.

blazer 05-08-2007 09:48 PM

Quote:

England puts 150 new drivers on the road every week

and 200 drivers quit every week

jeff_jeff11us 05-08-2007 10:40 PM

I just got a call from them that I was accepted and to go to Salt Lake for orientation.I don`t think I will do that after reading this.
It is true that there is many companies you can hear good and bad about from different people but look at this...I post a question about Crete and Barr Nunn on here and didn`t get one negative respons.I talk to a friend of mine at teh place where I`m right now and he said he worked for Crete for a few years and made very good money.So this kind of boards do help to people who look for a good place to work, after reading this I just made my mind not to take the job.I actualy got on here looking for drivers who know more about CRE after I received a call from them, just to see what people think.And it`s not good.So I think I`ll pass, I have to call Crete in a day or two,I`ll feel better going with them anyway.
Thanks for the good info.

JJ

LostProphet 05-08-2007 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff_jeff11us
I just got a call from them that I was accepted and to go to Salt Lake for orientation.I don`t think I will do that after reading this.
It is true that there is many companies you can hear good and bad about from different people but look at this...I post a question about Crete and Barr Nunn on here and didn`t get one negative respons.I talk to a friend of mine at teh place where I`m right now and he said he worked for Crete for a few years and made very good money.So this kind of boards do help to people who look for a good place to work, after reading this I just made my mind not to take the job.I actualy got on here looking for drivers who know more about CRE after I received a call from them, just to see what people think.And it`s not good.So I think I`ll pass, I have to call Crete in a day or two,I`ll feel better going with them anyway.
Thanks for the good info.

JJ

Anytime.And wise decision.

spencerian 05-09-2007 01:17 AM

Quote:

BULLSHIT!!!!

First off a 3 month vacation would cost $7200 in lease payments alone.
You worked for them 2 years and made enough to waste 7 grand?
BITCH PLEASE.

You cannot take your truck where you want.
I had the SAME contract. You are OBLIGATED to CR England.

So...STFU

LostProphet 05-09-2007 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spencerian
Quote:

BULLSHIT!!!!

BITCH PLEASE.

So...STFU

Spencerian,what you say is very true.And im going to have to steal your avatar,lol...Thats what i feel like saying everytime i hear the recording.

devildice 05-09-2007 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spencerian
Quote:

BULLSHIT!!!!

BITCH PLEASE.

So...STFU

be nice.....a recruiter can claim anything they want :lol: :lol:

Georgia92200 05-09-2007 02:58 AM

Sorry to dash your thoughts that I am a recruiter. I am a driver with CRE. Truck 92200. I don't have to defend England to anyone because it's not the right company for a lot of people. They are a company that gives chances to guys that other companies won't touch and they are a training company. In response to some questions about my first post. Even though I lease the truck through England, my lease states that I am free to haul for whomever I wish as long as I give England a 60 day notice and make my payments on time. (One of the lawsuits by OOIDA gave lease ops that right in a 3rd party lease like England's and several other companies) When I signed my lease I started a fund so that a set amount comes out of my check every week into a seperate account based on the approx price I will have to pay to purchase at the end of the lease. (Varies depending on condition and miles) As far as the illegal licences, that did happen in the Mira Loma school and I think at the East Chicago school. Instructors didn't keep up their certifications and England wasn't auditing them like they should have. And trust me, I didn't like their training program and CAT program either, but I did it just to get it over with. I probably won't stay with England after I purchase my truck, but they have been good about teaching me what I need to know to run a successful business. If I can bring home over $40 thousand in my first year with the high cost of doing business, I should be ok when I'm making a better rate for freight. I really hope that alot of what you hear bad about ANY trucking company comes from people that have had bad experiences with that company. I've found people that will tell me how crooked DART, JB HUNT, PRIME, SWIFT, and COVENANT are. Like I said before, I welcome the comments and will answer any questions I know the answer to. I'm not trying to recruit for a bonus I just want ya'll to understand that they aren't as evil as you might think, just impersonal to new hires because they understand that 99-100% of each weeks class is not going to stay more than 8 months.

Rev.Vassago 05-09-2007 03:05 AM

$0.85 per mile.

End of thread. :roll:

Georgia92200 05-09-2007 03:16 AM

sorry dude, we work on a sliding scale pay rate now. .89 to 1.52 per mile plus fuel surcharge. And do the math, 1 week off in March, 1 week off in May, 1 week off in July, 1 week off in August, The entire month of October off to be with my dad during his surgery recovery, and the last two weeks of December and first two weeks of January. I do believe that adds up. I don't have to lie to anyone on here because I have the paperwork in my truck to back up everything I say and I willingly show it to anyone when they question me in person. I'm not on here for a recruiting bonus, and will never give anyone the info they need to put me down as a reference so that I get a recruiting bonus. Not the way I work. I simply do my job very well so that I can be sure I'm safe and make it home to chill every now and then. Believe what you want. END OF THREAD

serbie 05-09-2007 03:39 AM

Conflicting end of threads.... :shock:

Does this mean it's the end of the thread????

I've had friends who ended up @ England to do alright. But their "ALRIGHT" is someone else's "NO WAY".

We should all be in the business for two reasons right off the bat..

1. Because we like what we do

2. Because we want to make as much money as humanly possible in this industry.

No one should be taking on their L/P. Especially right out of school. Not smart. But they will learn a hard lesson. There will be a few (like 1 out of 100) who may make it work, but again, their "ALRIGHT" will most likely be everyones "NO-WAY"

Same thing for the co-drivers. My buddy's went co, they are gone nearly 2 months at a time, but they like it. So it works for them.

Not defending England. But don't feel bad for anyone who joins them with no research, then comes here to bash em.

The short, do your research!! If your here for the first time, reading this thread to learn about England, take it for what's it's worth. Don't make a mistake to come back hear and cry about it, no one will pity you.

Rev.Vassago 05-09-2007 04:27 AM

Quote:

sorry dude, we work on a sliding scale pay rate now. .89 to 1.52 per mile plus fuel surcharge.

How many $1.52 per mile loads did you haul last year? :roll:

Quote:

And do the math, 1 week off in March, 1 week off in May, 1 week off in July, 1 week off in August, The entire month of October off to be with my dad during his surgery recovery, and the last two weeks of December and first two weeks of January.
10 weeks off. Wow. I'm so unimpressed.

Quote:

I do believe that adds up. I don't have to lie to anyone on here because I have the paperwork in my truck to back up everything I say and I willingly show it to anyone when they question me in person.
So show us your costs. You do know your fixed and variable costs, don't you? You don't need paperwork for that.

[quote] I'm not on here for a recruiting bonus, and will never give anyone the info they need to put me down as a reference so that I get a recruiting bonus. Not the way I work.[quote]

You keep parroting this same line. Why?

Quote:

I simply do my job very well so that I can be sure I'm safe and make it home to chill every now and then. Believe what you want. END OF THREAD
The thread will be ended when you prove me wrong about CRE. You haven't done so yet.