User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2013, 09:30 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default looking for a small trucking company to run me otr out of chicago area.

I started driving in 2004 and have been with both small and large trucking companies. I am done with the large companies and am now looking for a small trucking company to run me otr.my problem is finding one that has a good record ,reliable pay and good equipment. I have no accdnts and 1 ticket in 3 years . I am 38 years old and need to find a company I can retire with.......does anyone have any ideas that can help? thnx
Old 05-31-2013, 01:51 AM
Rookie

most small trucking companies are fly by night. so they are usually only in business for a few years. and with the change in trucking. it's getting to where only major fleets are left.

some positive. you might try looking at companies in the deep south. I live in florida. here there are smaller companies running up to the mid west and back. or up to the north east and back. there are a few that run out to texas and back.there are some that run over the road. try looking at companies from a different angle. try find one that is either based in chicago. or has a terminal there.

what is going to hurt you. depending on how many jobs you have had in the last 4 years. that is going to hurt you. the ticket you have got in that time. that is going to be a turn down. the most i can tell you. is stay where your at. weather you are working or not. relax take your time. and interview trucking companies in the same way they are interviewing you. and keep looking until you find what you are looking for. just note, it may not be as great as you want it to be. when you find that job.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:44 PM
Rookie

Knight, we are a small company and looking for company drivers. Send resume please
Old 05-31-2013, 01:46 PM
Rookie

And contrary to trucker372, not all small companies are fly by night....
Old 05-31-2013, 04:04 PM

I am not fly by night. Yes only been in truck business 3 years (2 with own authority) but in business for 16 years overall (car crushing/scrap metal yard). We are small, but successful.