User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2013, 12:56 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default CRST = Homeless in Cedar Rapids. CBS affiliate story.

KGAN-TV CBS 2 Iowa :: Top Stories - CBS 2 Special Report: Homeless Truckers

“I’ve lost everything that I ever cared for or cherished about and now I’ve just become a burden to Cedar Rapids and I don’t like that feeling,” said Hicks.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

video has been deleted. print story available.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:46 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

It is difficult for me to feel sorry for these people. They know before they get on the bus to go to orientation, that they will be taking a drug test. I knew someone who worked at CRST Malone and he told me that many drivers would take drugs over the weekend knowing that they would be taking a drug test on Monday, the first day of orientation. It is widely known that if you hold a CDL you will be subject to random drug testing. It is also in the paperwork that all applicants are sent that they will be taking a pre drug screen test. It is a sad situation that they have put themselves in, but they did it to themselves. It is not up to CRST or any carrier to pay for a return trip home when the applicant has lied or misrepresented themselves to the company.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
It is difficult for me to feel sorry for these people. They know before they get on the bus to go to orientation, that they will be taking a drug test. I knew someone who worked at CRST Malone and he told me that many drivers would take drugs over the weekend knowing that they would be taking a drug test on Monday, the first day of orientation. It is widely known that if you hold a CDL you will be subject to random drug testing. It is also in the paperwork that all applicants are sent that they will be taking a pre drug screen test. It is a sad situation that they have put themselves in, but they did it to themselves. It is not up to CRST or any carrier to pay for a return trip home when the applicant has lied or misrepresented themselves to the company.
Exactly GMAN, they took the drugs, not CRST or any other carrier. You know that holding CDL you are subject to drug test. For that matter I am drag racer and NHRA member and on your competition number application it says you are subject to random test (rarely unless professional does that happen, once I know of, they failed). People like this I don't feel sorry for.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Positive drug tests and falsified applications? How many times on these forums do people say"don't tell them about it"? And then they whine when caught in a lie. Typical poor me syndrome.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:49 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Call the newspapers! I agree with Gman.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:45 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
“I’ve lost everything that I ever cared for or cherished about and now I’ve just become a burden to Cedar Rapids and I don’t like that feeling,” said Hicks.
That's a LIE. Apparently, the only thing this "man" (and I use the term loosely,) ever cared about or cherished was a DRUG. If he cared about his family or his career, he wouldn't be where he is! And that's the truth!
Old 04-23-2013, 01:55 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Arrow

Ripoff Report | CRST Van Expedited | Complaint Review: 931018

".........I would NOT recommend this company to anyone, for any reason. They lie at every step, and don't pay you anything at all. I was literally driving to eat for 2 months. Oh, and another thing if you do decide to go with this company, if you flunk out of the school, or get cut during the hiring orientation, you find your own way home, or you
take one of the WEEKLY trips to the HOMELESS SHELTER where they drop you off and say "good luck" I know this because I drove the shuttle to one for extra cash before I left..............""

Old 04-23-2013, 03:18 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
It is difficult for me to feel sorry for these people. They know before they get on the bus to go to orientation, that they will be taking a drug test.

" It’s a catch, buried on page 12 of an on-line information packet sandwiched between flashing banner for “bonuses” and “extra money.” We could not find it one the application itself." CBS 2’s Josh Scheinblum reports.