User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2012, 02:40 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Any feedback about All Star Transportation,LLC in Tampa Florida?

Anyone know anything about All Star Transportation,LLC in Clearwater Florida? They are now in Tampa. They have brand new equipment, a clean terminal, a good csa score and satisfactory safety record. Anyone have any experience driving for this company? They run chemical tankers all 48. I was looking at them for a possible job. Any comments would be appreciated.
Just an old school trucker, these kids today don't know how good they have it! Power steering, a/c, air ride cabs and trailers, air ride seats! I did not have any of these things when I started driving.
Drive an old Mack, White or GMC then tell me how good a driver you are!issedoff: :bow::lol2: Don't even get me started on backing in to a dock!ops:

Instigator!~
Old 06-03-2012, 11:19 PM

Well I accepted a position with them and I start July 9th. I get a new truck and trailer, better pay then the last job so I am hopefull this one will be it! Fingers crossed!
Just an old school trucker, these kids today don't know how good they have it! Power steering, a/c, air ride cabs and trailers, air ride seats! I did not have any of these things when I started driving.
Drive an old Mack, White or GMC then tell me how good a driver you are!issedoff: :bow::lol2: Don't even get me started on backing in to a dock!ops:

Instigator!~
Old 06-08-2012, 01:22 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instigator View Post
Well I accepted a position with them and I start July 9th. I get a new truck and trailer, better pay then the last job so I am hopefull this one will be it! Fingers crossed!

Mr. "Old School Speedball Trucker" is going to haul chemicals now?

Stay on the East Coast. Please.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Senior Board Member

I run tanks and have not heard of them, big outfit ?
Old 06-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Board Regular

who up for an over/under on how long this one takes?

Start Date July 9th

Will he make it to the end of the year?????
How far into 2013 will he make it????

How many of you would like to gamble on instigator's ability to keep Job Number 12...

Instigator I am just having fun no offense meant by this so I hope you are not bothered by my invitation to members to make a little cash on your work ethic..

Good luck with your new job, however if you see a Mansfield tractor running around Tampa just keep a sfe distance as chemicals and fuels would make for a Media Frenzy...

Timberwolf
Old 06-27-2012, 02:55 PM

Kentla93 i am LMFAO as I write this! All of my friends have pools going to see just how long I will last at any given job. I have to admit its funny! And please dont worry folks I have run chemical tankers before and I have a good safety record, only a couple of spills.................not! Just kidding!

I hope this company is a good one to work for, I asked one of there drivers and he said it was an ok company to work for but that the new company bought them out and they are bean counters which does not bother me at all.

All Star Transport is a small outfit, they do have a terminal in Deleware as well as Tampa and I am not sure how many trucks they have but I believe them to be small. I have seen some of there trucks running around the southeast and they are all clean looking rigs and I have not heard any negative stuff about them. I am looking forward to being home every week or every other weekend!

I am going in with a positive attitude so wish me luck!

Instigator!~
Old 07-09-2012, 11:49 PM

Hey day one with new carrier was great! Did my orientation on Saturday and learned a lot of stuff about the company and so far I like what I see, got a brand new Peterbilt 359 with only 2400 miles on her! Set her all up today and got my tank washed out, truck runs great,nice and quiet for a new truck, tomorrow go out for my first load then off to Tenn. So far so good!

Instigator!~
Old 07-09-2012, 11:52 PM

Oh I almost forgot, I was supposed to get a 1,000 dollar sign on bonus when I first did my application, well since then they raised it to 2,000 sign on bonus and they gave me the the 2,000! I get 500 per quarter bonus regardless, and in December you get another 1,000 dollar bonus for doing your log book correctly! How cool was that!

Instigator!~
Old 07-15-2012, 01:47 PM

Well week one is done and so far I like what I am seeing. Tractor is brand new and runs great, Peterbilt has done a nice job on there tractors over the years, very quiet ride and smooth, no pounding even with a tank load. Got home for the weekend which is a bonus in my book as I am used to being out for weeks at a time. Oh, and they are looking for drivers if anyone has tanker experience, contact me and I will give you there info.

Instigator!~
Old 07-21-2012, 06:22 PM

Hey week 2 has gone by, another 3400 miles of pavement under my belt, one small spill (Cleaned up with a rag) and I am liking what I see! next week I follow another driver and shadow him on outside deliveries in the Carolinas. Love driving my new Pete!

Instigator!~