User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2012, 01:09 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Trouble in Paradise?

OK so many of you know , I have had a few jobs to say the least since I got back in to trucking after a 13 year hiatus. My question is this, why do Trucking Companies screw with your pay like your some sort of dumb ass and you wont catch them when they rip you off?

I have been having a problem with payroll for some time now at Joule Yacht Transport. Its like she makes up rules as she goes and just tries to find ways to not pay you. Dispatch will tell you to write down "Day Pay" for a problem out on the road and then payroll will say "Oh no that was not "Day Pay" that was a "Down Day " so here is your 50 bucks instead of 150 for day pay. When I call it in, they usually pay me the difference. But she keeps on doing it over and over again. This, and this alone is a major reason for me to quit a job.

I mean if your not gonna pay me what you say you will, then why am I working here? I have been trying to work it out but it seams even when I do,I still get the shaft!

Oh Well, I guess its time to look for maybe one more OTR job before I give up on this whole trucking thing.
Just an old school trucker, these kids today don't know how good they have it! Power steering, a/c, air ride cabs and trailers, air ride seats! I did not have any of these things when I started driving.
Drive an old Mack, White or GMC then tell me how good a driver you are!issedoff: :bow::lol2: Don't even get me started on backing in to a dock!ops:

Instigator!~
Old 05-31-2012, 11:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Your expectations are to high, and I don't think you're cut out for this type of business.

I have 26 years in the trucking and don't even come close to having the problems you've had, I think you need to look inwards as maybe just maybe you might be the problem.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:24 AM

So what your telling me is that your ok with not getting paid properly for your work? Wow, I guess there are drivers out there that dont care what they get paid, now wonder the trucking companies take advantage of guys like you. I would never stand for that, and no my expectations are not high, I do expect that a company pay me what they say they will and pay me for what I do.

As far as not being cut out for this business, I must laugh, out of 33 drivers on the road in my company, only 2 drivers run as hard as I do and I am one of them. If I run hard, deliver your product early every time and do a good dependable and safe job for you, I expect to get paid correctly. It has nothing to do with high expectations. It has every thing to do with MORALS and HONESTY something of which you sound like you dont have.

Guess what else, I have been in this business longer than you, 31 years to be exact so I dont think I am the problem, I think its more of a Florida thing, maybe a red neck thing, maybe a southern thing as I am a Northerner with morals maybe the southerners just dont have any?

The good news is that I have been hired at yet another company here in the Tampa area so lets see what there deal is when I start in a few weeks. Waiting now to get my new Peterbilt 357. Maybe job number 8 will be the charm!
Just an old school trucker, these kids today don't know how good they have it! Power steering, a/c, air ride cabs and trailers, air ride seats! I did not have any of these things when I started driving.
Drive an old Mack, White or GMC then tell me how good a driver you are!issedoff: :bow::lol2: Don't even get me started on backing in to a dock!ops:

Instigator!~
Old 06-01-2012, 02:27 AM

Oh and by the way, when I was in New York driving tractor trailers I worked for the same company for 3 years until I became an owner operator so I have had plenty of longevity in my "North" jobs.

Instigator!~
Old 06-01-2012, 03:31 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instigator View Post
Oh and by the way, when I was in New York driving tractor trailers I worked for the same company for 3 years until I became an owner operator so I have had plenty of longevity in my "North" jobs.
3 years with the same company? Is that all? Just 3 years????

I'm afraid that 31 years ( or even 41 years) does not exactly eliminate you as being a major part of the problem. Sounds to me like you're a bit short tempered and impulsive. I've learned, years ago, what kind of results you get often depends on your approach to negotiations. Sounds like, when you walk into the room, you're like a bull in a china shop. I've never had a problem getting things like pay straightened out, but in the same companies, there were other guys that could never seem to have the company get it right. Reading what you've written, it sounds like your approach may be familiar to me, and one that I would never consider using.

And, considering I'm RETIRED for a couple of years, I just may have a couple of weeks on you.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:46 AM
Senior Board Member

i think all you do instigator is dream and think of rubbish you can put in here,apart from trying to ride your pushbike to the shop
Old 06-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Board Icon

Instigator, it's not just trucking companies that will screw with your pay. It happens in all lines of work just as much. She's overruling dispatch on the pay, you need to go over her head to get it fixed or clarified on how the pay works for that situation.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:25 PM

True every company has different payroll people, this company has someone that not only shorts me but other drivers I have spoken too. So again for the nay sayers its not me at all. I have a good attitude, I guess my problem is that I was "The Boss" for soo many years, and I belive in always doing the right thing, others done share my values. Companies that are willing to short change driver pay are not companies I am willing to stay at. Its dishonest and deceitful at best.

Im sure that I will eventually find the right company for me. Until then I will keep looking as I only have 10 to 15 more years that I am willing to drive.

And for the ones who doubt me, or want to make you think that I am the problem, those people are like bullies, they are often jealous of you for one reason or another, so be it.

Instigator!~
Old 06-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Board Regular

Your working for the wrong company, If I posted a copy of my pay check stub you would cry, just saying it is not a florida thing it is just being in the right place at the right time. Or in your case the wrong place.. Good luck in your search..

Timberwolf..
Old 06-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Board Regular

[QUOTE=Instigator;511859

Maybe job number 8 will be the charm![/QUOTE]

Isnt this more like job number 11? Just sayin according to your previous post you are in double digits for the last two years.. As far as them doing the same thing over and over again, if they fix the problem then what is the problem??? I tell my dispatchers if you guys dont want to hear my voice then make sure I have my loads and i will run all day with out calling you.. My company makes mistakes on my aycheck at least twice a month, each time I send an email out and with in a week or two it is corrected.. No problem. I have to agree Instigator you seem to have your expectations set to high, I dont understand why you are upset if they fix the problem then there is no problem, having to tell them over and over again is not a big deal in my eyes, it is not like you are the only person they have to deal with..
Just my two cents for what it is not worth..

Timberwolf

The Irony behind the fact that I find Solice behind the wheel of 80,000 lbs of explosive material..

Tags
instigator whines