User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2010, 12:11 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Carlisle Carrier

Any information on Carlisle Carrier would be greatly appreciated. Talked to a Recruirer today and she made it sound pretty good. Please give me the good the bad and the ugly.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:22 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Any information on Carlisle Carrier would be greatly appreciated. Talked to a Recruirer today and she made it sound pretty good. Please give me the good the bad and the ugly.
Carlisle....as in the Alaska version of "Ice Road Truckers"....that Carlisle??
Old 08-25-2010, 01:50 PM

What do you need to know about Carlisle? I drive for them out of their Houston,Texas yard.I deliver alot of oilfield pipe to their Seattle Washington yard and then it is transferred to the Alaskan yards.If you are wanting to drive the "ice road" forget about that.Since Ice road truckers has come out there is a waiting list to do that.I personally am not on the list.I stay pretty busy working down here.The only Alaskan terminal you might see is Fairbanks.There are times they need a load taken directly to them.I had some previous flat bed experience when I hired on so I started at 42 cents per mile.They are a great company to work for.You are treated like a person not a number.Equipment is well taken care of.Out of the Houston yard we are strictly flatbed and step deck.Most of the pipe that they haul on ice road truckers,comes from Houston.I don't know what the recruiter told you,but this is first hand experience.Any more questions,let me know.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Board Regular

I think he's inquiring about the Carlisle Carriers located here in Mechanicsburg Pa. All I can tell you is that their ads are all over craigslist everyday.They do almost ALL grocery wharehouses, and you will do multiple stops and driver unload. (explains the daily ads)