User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2009, 09:34 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question pre hired marten info

got pre-hired read everything I could find out about marten been out here 2yrs now...Tell me your exp at marten good or bad mind u I'm still employed have not made the BIG move yet...
Old 08-16-2009, 11:29 AM
Senior Board Member

I liked it there because i ran out west quite alot.

Although i did not care for the :bow: 'big company' feel of the joint.

.... overall it was an ok place...but that was some time ago....things may have

changed by now.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Rookie

My first 36 days with Martin I am broke only 8900 miles.I went home and told them see ya.The didn't want me to leave and like a dumb ass stayed and the first load I waited like a dog at the pickup 4 8 hrs and probably won't get detention.They owe me 43 hrs of detention.They seem to be unorganized.Every trailer I pick up has problems.You can come over here and get you sum but I'm leaving.I have had enough

www.scrapmetalracing.com
Old 08-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapmetal View Post
My first 36 days with Martin I am broke only 8900 miles.I went home and told them see ya.The didn't want me to leave and like a dumb ass stayed and the first load I waited like a dog at the pickup 4 8 hrs and probably won't get detention.They owe me 43 hrs of detention.They seem to be unorganized.Every trailer I pick up has problems.You can come over here and get you sum but I'm leaving.I have had enough
Also...when i was there if you left before the first 6 months was up you would have to pay

them back all money they had spent during your orientation..

Physicals...Drug screens...hotels...air fare...bus fare...food...etc...etc.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Senior Board Member

It seems it has become a rule of thumb...

If a company is solvent they will ride out the tough times with greater ease...as

opposed to those companies that carry a debt load...

A debt ridden company is continually making 'adjustments' in order to service their debt...

this is not good from the standpoint of being a driver

Last edited by zipy46; 08-16-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:03 AM
Rookie
Talking

Quote:
first load I waited like a dog at the pickup 4 8 hrs and probably won't get detention.They owe me 43 hrs of detention.
How did you NOT get paid your detention, did you arrive OnTime???? Their detention clock is automatically started after two hours providing the customer is a detention participant. All customers are different. I waited to unload at SuperValu in Hopkins MN for 23.5 hours with Marten and they paid me every dime of it. As long as you Arrive On Time (which seems to be not the Norm now-a-days with the drivers out there) your detention will be automatically calculated and just wait for the beep on your QC a few hours typically after you do your loaded call/depart stop.

I was with Marten for just under 3 yrs, didn't have 1 single complaint. I ran OTR for a year, then I ran Midwest to the East dedicated then I ran Kroger Dedicated. I only got in a pissing match with my dispatcher once. I had 4 of them, and for the most part, liked them all.

I will agree, some of the older trailers are difficult to slide, but that is like that everywhere. They do have really nice equipment I thought. If I could get a home-every-night job with them, I'd go back to them in a Heartbeat. The people in the office, genuine Midwest family people.

The guys that were at Marten that would bitch and moan in the break room were the driver's that shouldn't be driving anyway, just steering wheel holders, mush in the head....but then again, that's like that at all companies.

That's my take on it.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNSuperTrucker View Post
How did you NOT get paid your detention, did you arrive OnTime???? Their detention clock is automatically started after two hours providing the customer is a detention participant. All customers are different. I waited to unload at SuperValu in Hopkins MN for 23.5 hours with Marten and they paid me every dime of it. As long as you Arrive On Time (which seems to be not the Norm now-a-days with the drivers out there) your detention will be automatically calculated and just wait for the beep on your QC a few hours typically after you do your loaded call/depart stop.

I was with Marten for just under 3 yrs, didn't have 1 single complaint. I ran OTR for a year, then I ran Midwest to the East dedicated then I ran Kroger Dedicated. I only got in a pissing match with my dispatcher once. I had 4 of them, and for the most part, liked them all.

I will agree, some of the older trailers are difficult to slide, but that is like that everywhere. They do have really nice equipment I thought. If I could get a home-every-night job with them, I'd go back to them in a Heartbeat. The people in the office, genuine Midwest family people.

The guys that were at Marten that would bitch and moan in the break room were the driver's that shouldn't be driving anyway, just steering wheel holders, mush in the head....but then again, that's like that at all companies.

That's my take on it.
Flat tires -bald tires-chutes hanging down lights-I stay away from break rooms.I have 22 yrs exp.Have had my own tlrs.I'm out here to work.Why arn't you still at Martin?

www.scrapmetalracing.com
Old 08-24-2009, 02:29 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Flat tires -bald tires-chutes hanging down lights-I stay away from break rooms.I have 22 yrs exp.Have had my own tlrs.I'm out here to work.Why arn't you still at Martin?
I wanted to be home every night....that is all.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:24 AM
Rookie

well I'm looking forward to them I just cant make up my mind if I want to do OTR or midwest regional soo hopefully it will all work out well
Old 08-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNSuperTrucker View Post

That's my take on it.
Super Value.... Man i remember that joint

I sat there 14 hrs on day... i sat a new record for myself that day :lol2: