User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Yep Ford390pwr....

They sent me home for 2 weeks,that's why I got PO'd and started this thread,Werner has been calling me trying to hire me,but after reading the post,thinking it over and a look at my contract with Swift I decided to stay with them.

Half my class went to orientation with the class ahead of us and the rest will go to Lancaster,Tx. with half the class behind us on Tuesday.

Swift is swamped with trainees now and they had a mandatory 1 week shut-down-vacation to start over or something.

When do you start training?
Old 06-13-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburd View Post
Yep Ford390pwr....

They sent me home for 2 weeks,that's why I got PO'd and started this thread,Werner has been calling me trying to hire me,but after reading the post,thinking it over and a look at my contract with Swift I decided to stay with them.

Half my class went to orientation with the class ahead of us and the rest will go to Lancaster,Tx. with half the class behind us on Tuesday.

Swift is swamped with trainees now and they had a mandatory 1 week shut-down-vacation to start over or something.

When do you start training?
I was scheduled for June 1st and was postponed for a "paperwork snafu" on the recruiters part. I told her to just get me in the first available class. After much coaxing on my part, I have been scheduled for June 29 in Lewiston.

I did read about a 1 weak furlough for corporate, but that was in April.
Swift furloughs workers as recession hits trucking industry - Phoenix Business Journal:
Old 06-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncrosonix View Post
the final question during them was, "are you fluent in spanish?" it's obvious that i do not.
Considering they (the state) spent our taxes on a law making english the "official" language of Arizona....I think you couldd have fought that Sync. Lord knows I'm about ready to start contacting those companies advertising on the billboards around Van Buren and raise 7 kinds of hell about the spanish . Oh well.....just another way for them to blow our money eh man?

When a white army battles Indians and wins, itis called a great victory, but if they lose itis called a massacre.Chiksika, Shawnee
Old 06-14-2009, 05:42 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom433a View Post
Considering they (the state) spent our taxes on a law making english the "official" language of Arizona....I think you couldd have fought that Sync. Lord knows I'm about ready to start contacting those companies advertising on the billboards around Van Buren and raise 7 kinds of hell about the spanish . Oh well.....just another way for them to blow our money eh man?
yeah man, and i think sheriff joe should send his posse into those warehouses.

at any rate, since i've been driving for knight, i haven't sat for longer than 11hrs in-between loads. doesn't change the fact that i am freaking broke as a joke. as of right now, i don't have enough money to cover my car payment and its monthly insurance.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
[ i don't have enough money to cover my car payment and its monthly insurance.[/COLOR]
Get rid of it and get a cheaper car.......you drive it maybe once every 2-3 weeks?
Old 06-15-2009, 12:31 AM
Senior Board Member

$181 monthly payment and $190 monthly insurance. i got the car refinanced down to 6.5%. i have until the end of the month to have made the money. hopefully it works out.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:27 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
$181 monthly payment and $190 monthly insurance. i got the car refinanced down to 6.5%. i have until the end of the month to have made the money. hopefully it works out.
What kind of car do you have and who is it insured through? $190/month sounds crazy. I pay less than $140 per month for a pick up, SUV, class A motorhome and two Harleys. Full coverage on all of them including towing and roadside assistance on the 4 and 8 wheelers, $500 deductibles all around. No kidding man, shop around. Call the lizard or something.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:22 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay B View Post
What kind of car do you have and who is it insured through? $190/month sounds crazy. I pay less than $140 per month for a pick up, SUV, class A motorhome and two Harleys. Full coverage on all of them including towing and roadside assistance on the 4 and 8 wheelers, $500 deductibles all around. No kidding man, shop around. Call the lizard or something.
i'm insured through progressive. they were the cheapest i could find for full coverage on my 4 door 2007 chevy cobalt. i know, it's unbelievable. if/when i get the car paid off, i'm dropping down to liability.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:08 PM

Hey Syncro,

Now that you're driving for Knight, what would you say are the differences between the two? How hard is it to get home with Knight? Miles? Is dispatching different? Curious to know if it would be worth switching over.