User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default CPC logistics

Has any one heard of Cpc logistics? I am looking for some input before I apply. I would be Loading and unloading tires. Does anyone has any experience in this area. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:58 PM

Pretty much all I know about them is that they are a driver leasing company. You will make less with them than you would working for a company directly because they have to take their cut of what the company pays. You will probably work for them for a few months until the company they lease you out to decides if they like you or not. Then the company you are leased to will buy out your contract and you will work directly for the company they leased you out to. Don't know much of their reputation but I have had friends work for other driver leasing companies and and it never seemed to work out for one reason or another. The biggest problem was lack of work. Watch your back and look into them thourghly!
Old 02-05-2010, 01:05 AM
Board Regular

check your pm
Old 02-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coilhaulr View Post
Pretty much all I know about them is that they are a driver leasing company. You will make less with them than you would working for a company directly because they have to take their cut of what the company pays. You will probably work for them for a few months until the company they lease you out to decides if they like you or not. Then the company you are leased to will buy out your contract and you will work directly for the company they leased you out to. Don't know much of their reputation but I have had friends work for other driver leasing companies and and it never seemed to work out for one reason or another. The biggest problem was lack of work. Watch your back and look into them thourghly!
Thanks for the info
Old 02-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Board Regular

I worked for CPC for over a year on there Crown Cork and seal account making 41 cpm and $15 every stop along with $14.25 hourly for fueling or trailer moves. All in all a very good job. I ask for a transfer to Walgreens numerous times so I could be home daily and the regional manager kept giving me the runaround. I finally found a good local job so I quit. The job unloading tires is obviously very physical, its there Bridgestone account and pays well. If you have any more questions shoot me a pm.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Rookie

Thanks for your input I submitted my app. are you familiar with anyone who drives for that account she did not give me a lot of info about the account. she talk about throwing tires. is it hourly? Do they pay benefits? is thier a high turnover? if you have any more info I would be greatful. I am trying to gather as much info in case I get a call back.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:29 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by little t View Post
Thanks for your input I submitted my app. are you familiar with anyone who drives for that account she did not give me a lot of info about the account. she talk about throwing tires. is it hourly? Do they pay benefits? is thier a high turnover? if you have any more info I would be greatful. I am trying to gather as much info in case I get a call back.

I don't have first hand knowledge of the job, but I do know it pays around $17 or $18 hourly if your local and mileage pay if your regional plus an hourly rate for all physical hand unloading. The benefits aren't bad but nothing special, I paid around 40 bucks a week for medical and dental. The turnover depends on the account your on. Walgreens and Avery Dennison I know have very low turnover rates, The tire accounts probably are a bit higher. Good luck.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
I don't have first hand knowledge of the job, but I do know it pays around $17 or $18 hourly if your local and mileage pay if your regional plus an hourly rate for all physical hand unloading. The benefits aren't bad but nothing special, I paid around 40 bucks a week for medical and dental. The turnover depends on the account your on. Walgreens and Avery Dennison I know have very low turnover rates, The tire accounts probably are a bit higher. Good luck.
Thanks for the info it was very helpful
Old 02-17-2010, 09:07 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by little t View Post
Has any one heard of Cpc logistics? I am looking for some input before I apply. I would be Loading and unloading tires. Does anyone has any experience in this area. Thanks in advance.
when i read your post, my right shoulder started aching. i used to unload tires at a company i used to work for, about 1200 tires per trailer. they would pay you 40 dollars extra when you turned in you paperwork. i talked to a glen moore driver at the place where we picked up the loads, he said they got 90 dollars. 40 or 90 it still wasn't worth it. it's definitly work for a young man, not 48 year olds, like me. good luck. :thumbsup: