User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2009, 03:31 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Fcc

This is a carrier I have been associated with for a while as both company and owner operator. I think they are pretty good, but you might want to check out this link about them

Truckload Carriers Association
Old 03-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Here I was, thinking that both FCC and Wannamacher were both larger than the article say's they are.

They both keep their equipment up very well, from exterior appearances.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Senior Board Member

They are pretty tough even on the owner operators regarding the maintenance and appearance of the trucks. The company trucks are maintained pretty good. The customer base is darn good and real driver friendly and the freight has held up pretty good even with the economic downturn. I thought I had one of the best "travel agents" in the industry at my last carrier, but the one I have now is truly a pro. The owner, Mike Herre, brought her with him when he bought the company. She has been doing operations for about 20 years and 10 years at FCC and her dad is also an O/O here.

FCC has a little over 300 trucks of which about 80-90 are company rides. I learned several years ago to avoid the "big" carriers and it has played out pretty well. I was with my last carrier (similar sized) for almost 10 years till they sold. Just happened upon FCC and am sure glad I did. Have never had them lie to me about anything. Actually, they can be brutally honest. That may or not be a good thing depending on the situation.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:35 PM
Rookie
Default Didnt find out CPM on their website.

Hello,
Thanks for the positive information about FCC, nice to see things like this. I went to their website and was'nt able to find out their CPM for Company Drivers. Would you know their pay scale? Have plenty of experience etc, but not wanting to work for less than .41 CPM. Thanks for the help and feel free to e-mail me off the Board at: [email protected].
Old 03-27-2009, 05:21 AM
Senior Board Member

Won't pull your lariat.... top pay for company drivers is .36 with a very obtainable .04 quarterly bonus. Bonus is very easy to get. I got the full .04 every quarter without breaking a sweat. Since I was home every weekend to have a social life (was, and still am, on a local bowling league) and I averaged about 35,000 miles a quarter, and hardly ever sat for more than a few hours for the next load, I didn't worry that I wasn't making .50 a mile and having to request layover instead of turning wheels. Most times I have to slow them down. And I never had to worry about a load get me to the house. Everything is well planned out. That made up for pay rate for me. It is a package deal. I looked at more than just the pay rate. Very safety oriented outfit, pretty good equipment, real good customers, and a great working atmosphere. Even the mechanics in the shop called me "sir" when I brought the truck in for a service. Safety always greets me with a smile and they have a great sense of humor, even when they catch you screwing up a log sheet. Most of the customers are very friendly and treat you like they are glad to see you. (Not all of them, but the vast majority). Sure, there have been conflicts with personnel at the company or with a customer, but they have been minor and rare. Everyone has a bad day now and then and nothing is perfect. Since I switched over to O/O with them they may have changed the top pay. I haven't really kept up that well with company driver info. The bennies were decent. Good Blue Cross/Blue Shield medical, dental, vision plan.

You would have to talk with Scott at FCC to find out all the details. He is a straight shooter.

Last edited by Copperhead; 03-27-2009 at 05:58 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:52 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
This is a carrier I have been associated with for a while as both company and owner operator. I think they are pretty good, but you might want to check out this link about them

Truckload Carriers Association

I think the "frist annual" nautre of the award should clue you into the fact it is a bogus award. The over and under is also a joke. A half decent study would give you more data points.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:52 AM
Senior Board Member

No problem if you regard it as a bogus award. I like them. 26 years at this game and they are the best I have seen. Not perfect... just the best I have been around. Just ran into another O/O today that recently came over from Landstar and doesn't regret the decision also.

Stay where you are if you are happy. No one is trying to grab you by the arm and make you change. But until you know, you might want to calm your criticism. But then, not even sure what you were trying to say anyway.