View Poll Results: Which company or opportunity would you say is better?
Cardinal Logistics Management 1 50.00%
Premier Transportation 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2009, 05:38 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default decisions

Hey yall.. I just wanted to get some feedback on these two companies.. Cardinal Logistics Management and Premier Transportation.. I was recently approved by both of these companies and I'm looking to make a final decision by the end of the week.. If anyone has worked for either of these companies all info would greatly be appreciated.

1. Cardinal your out anywhere from 1-3 three times a week (off weekends) dedicated to one customer. Slip seat equipment. They pay one cent less than Premier is paying. Usually have anywhere from 2-4 stops dropping off freight with a pallet jack.. No hand unloading. Run a 500 mile radius.

2. Premier hauls alot of retail freight for Target and Kmart. Most of the Kmart stores are unloaded by there employees so I was told.. Assigned equipment and your out during the week. Home most weekends. Pay one cent higher than Cardinal. Not sure if I could take the truck home.. Have to find out. Each location varies so I was told.

Like I said if anyone has worked for or has any information on these companies all info is greatly appreciated. In this bad economy I am just thankful to have an opportunity. Thanks and be safe out on the big road.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:11 AM
Board Regular

Flip a coin!

Arguing on the C.B. is kinda like running in the Special Olympics, 'cause even if you win your still retarted.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:37 AM
Senior Board Member

I used to run Kmart loads with Swift and it was always driver unload. I pulled Kmart loads out of the IL dist center and the KS one as well and delivered to stores all over the midwest, south and southwest and never once had a store where the employee's did all the work.

This was back in 99 so things may have changed, especially since Kmart is part of Sears now, but you may want to double check that info you got. Maybe talk with some of their drivers to make sure of what you are getting into.

I have no idea about Target stores.

If it were me I would run away from off loading retail store freight. That stuff is packed badly. Think playing Jenga with everything from light bulbs to swing sets that is stacked every which way floor to ceiling.

If you don't have to touch it then flip a coin.