User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Most Bang for Your Time

The start of seeking employment is getting close for me....March 1, I am told I will be furloughed and will be returning to OTR. I have been looking at several companies, all seem to have their pros and cons as I read through this forum. The main items I am looking at are 1. Take home pay 2. Medical cost.

Realizing take home pay is dependant upon miles driven and rate paid for those miles the next question I guess would be which company is least affected by our consumer driven slump. Would it be tankers hauling edibles or the Frito Lay man?

I am being furloughed out of the LTL line and not looking for another. I miss the bad hours and lousy truck stop cuisine so I am planning to gain employment OTR. I have sent out a few "feelers" and so far have not heard "We are not hiring". Then again I have to ask myself "why not"? Are they stii prosperous or are they loading their driver list expecting future departures.

Or possibly I am contemplating way to much and should just take the first company to hire and be happy to have a job. I fully understand that logic also....any and all input appreciated.