User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Bynum ???

Can someone give me specifics on Bynum please. I know what the pay is, I know they are food grade, and I know how long they are out. What I don't know is why the turnover is so high. I've heard it's an "easy" driving job.

I drove OTR for 13 years. I've been out of the truck for 14 months, dispatching. Driving this desk is killin me!! I have no tank experience. Bynum has approved me, and I was told they stay pretty busy all year. Do they?? Thanks for any input.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Their turnover is so high due to reasons similar to Indian River Transport/North American Tank Lines...... They're nothing more than a cheap outfit unwilling to pay drivers a worthwhile wage, have overpriced benefits, act as if it's an inconvenience to them when you want to go home for more than a couple of days, and will expect you eventually to do them favors and run borderline illegal, if not outright! There's far better jobs that are "easy". With the experience you have, why would you be willing to drive for a mere .32 to .34/mile?

With companies like these you may as well put on a blindfold and draw straws; they equally suck and will screw you in the end. They will use you for everything they can and may bend some to make you feel good, but the moment you resist and need something to benefit you it's over. Refuse a run because of whatever reason then watch as you start getting all of the crap loads, or worse, end up sitting somewhere for days and hearing repeatedly, "Sorry no freight today call tomorrow.", though you'll see other trucks going by in all directions. It's as simple as that...

U.S.M.C. '89-'95 0351 (Assaultman), '95-'99 6531 (Aviation Ordnance)...IYAOYAS!
U.S. Army '00-'01 67S (OH-58D Crew Chief/Repairman)

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

"Nobody ever drowned in their own sweat."
Old 01-30-2009, 03:26 AM

Listen to what cyniade said...

He is pretty well the TANK GURU

If you wanna pull tank look at superior carriers and check put cyinades thread here
SUperior Carriers / Carry Transit

( he was to modest to put that in there) but u will find a side by side comparison of many tank outfits pay, benffits etc, start at begining to see comparison and you will find a good read

Any way he knows his tank and companies

SEMPER FI.. DEVIL DOGS...

IS THAT RIGHT....??
:thumbsup:

SUPERIOR CARRIER DRIVER
Old 01-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the reply. I've been checking around, and of course none of the great compaines are hiring. I don't wanna wait too long before getting back in the truck. I've already been out for 14 months. I hate to have a refresher course, because I've waited another 3 months for freight to pick up. I figured I'd get my feet wet with these guys for a year or so. Then get on with a great company this time next year.