User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Just say no !...To Gainey .

Seriousy...this company is about as shady as it gets...they dead head you to pick up loads then cancell the load after you are already to the shipper...then they do not pay you for those DH miles on the cancelled trip or the next dispatch ...They sneakily only pay 50% DH miles on 1st trip off home time . they have a very tricky idle policy it simpy says 30% ,but neglects to say it's 30% of moving engine run time ,which only gives you 3.5hr idle per day at 2500 miles and a 50 mph averge...drive faster you get less time to idle ...However at Gts look to get many loads that sit you for a day or 2...or 3 netting you maybe 1200-1500 mi and now that 30%idle is based on 20 hours of moving engine run time earning you about 1.5 hrs of idle per day ,so GTS will sit you in 90-110 summer heat for 75% of the week ,and expect adherance to this 30% plan...GTS mngement will tell you to hang out in the truck stop all day/night for AC in summer or heat in winter ...They DO NOT pay for idle air ,yes they offer it as an alternative to idiing ...but at drivers own expense...

Recently they went to a 13 day pay out hold on trips ,so the trips you haul are on hold for 13 days after emptied out ,so it can take up to about 3 weeks to get paid for a trip depending on the day of the week you empty out ,because you still get paid every friday so if you emptied out on say 9/1/08 the 13th day would be 9/13/08 ...meaning you skip pay day on the 5th and 12th due to the 13day hold ...And dont see your trip pay until the 3rd wk after empty :roll:

They find any loop hole they can to keep from reimbursing you for any thing from head lights /scale tickets to toll receipts...you get a "PHOTO COPY " of the origional receipt and a statement telling you they are not paying you back ...I'm not sure why a copy ...maybe on lumpers/tolls they still bill the customer for those items and hose the driver.

Currently my last day wiith GTS was 9/8/08...they owe me 3 trips totaling...3800 miles at .33cpm =$1254.00...And 1 trip was a driver unload with 2 stops thats $50.00 x3 for assist at all locations ad $30.00x2 for the 2 stops inbetween the shipperfinal....that's $210.00 ...Grand total due $1464.00 in wages owed past due since leaving GTS ...now by labor laws all these wages were by the next check...welp i dd not see any checks this week at all...

GTS YOU [email protected] it would be breath of fresh air for you to upgrade from chater 11 to 7... :wink:
Old 09-14-2008, 11:44 PM
Senior Board Member

That sucks Big Jeep.....I Know we have had our "differences" but, I feel bad for ya. Hope you get that last paycheck.
What are you gonna do now????

(Edited....I just realized :lol: , using your initials with that statement, just looked wrong....especially since my post is sincere..... :wink: )
Old 09-15-2008, 12:39 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10
That sucks BJ.....I Know we have had our "differences" but, I feel bad for ya. Hope you get that last paycheck.
What are you gonna do now????
Got an offer at arnold a 3rd party group at coors warhouse in Golden Colorado loading trucks $14r to start...I will be looking to see if I could eventually wiggle into a hostler position there,because that pays about $25hr...I'm not saying I'll never drive OTR again ,but I really don't want to as a long term career ...in my free time I''ll be reaching for an education beyond CDL school ...

Funny thing is If I had no choice ,But OTR I would probably go back to the Big Blue just because they don't cheat a driver ...But I would maybe probably try CFI out first ,but Werner would offer ease of orenation at home...
Old 09-15-2008, 01:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Funny thing is If I had no choice ,But OTR I would probably go back to the Big Blue just because they don't cheat a driver ...But I would maybe probably try CFI out first ,but Werner would offer ease of orenation at home...
You are right about that....In my time with Werner....I have always been authorized for needed road purchases and never, have I not been reimbursed for the purchase.
Ive also never had an issue with my payroll....always has been spot on accurate. I keep very good records of all my trips so I know what my payroll should be. Not that I dont trust Werner, I do. Its just the way I am with my record keeping.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:25 AM

Anyone who would endore that standard of living for any OTR Co. would be a fool, if their not charging enough fuel surcharge to keep a driver comfortable they should'nt be in business and any driver living like that should move to Mexico! You aint helping to better OTR in U.S.A.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratface
Anyone who would endore that standard of living for any OTR Co. would be a fool, if their not charging enough fuel surcharge to keep a driver comfortable they should'nt be in business and any driver living like that should move to Mexico! You aint helping to better OTR in U.S.A.

he said he left as soon as he found out how they were, give the guy a break.. how would he know until he tried?
Old 09-15-2008, 02:00 PM

I went to the orientation to Gainey in Hanover, PA. After the infos I got from the actual drivers (and some info in class) I was almost ready to walk out. After I passed the physical and the road test they gave me my truck. I NEVER seen such a filthhole. Also somebody spilled an oilcontainer INSIDE the cap. After I just had quit at Celadon because of no miles i still had a fresh memory what truck and in WHAT SHAPE I received my truck at Celadon. I passed and walked out, went to Shaffer and received a truck in the shape you would expect. The fun part on all of this: They had a qualcomm laying in the classroom....to shop new recruits what a qualcomm is. And since the unit was connected I READ all the last company messages. About their BAD safety rating...that you can expect to be pulled for a DOT check to 100% at certain scales.....that they pay you a bonus for passing a DOT check. New York city delivery without extra pay. And if you bitch they will send you there MORE often. I am glad I walked away.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:19 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclehotte
I went to the orientation to Gainey in Hanover, PA. After the infos I got from the actual drivers (and some info in class) I was almost ready to walk out. After I passed the physical and the road test they gave me my truck. I NEVER seen such a filthhole. Also somebody spilled an oilcontainer INSIDE the cap. After I just had quit at Celadon because of no miles i still had a fresh memory what truck and in WHAT SHAPE I received my truck at Celadon. I passed and walked out, went to Shaffer and received a truck in the shape you would expect. The fun part on all of this: They had a qualcomm laying in the classroom....to shop new recruits what a qualcomm is. And since the unit was connected I READ all the last company messages. About their BAD safety rating...that you can expect to be pulled for a DOT check to 100% at certain scales.....that they pay you a bonus for passing a DOT check. New York city delivery without extra pay. And if you bitch they will send you there MORE often. I am glad I walked away.

How about those sweet shower rooms they offer the driver ...Man I tell you I nearly sh!t myself when maurice from the fuel department jumped my case for stopping at the pilot to shower instead of comming straight to the terminal to get my idle lecture ...stating I'm expecting 2 much expecting privatized non prison gang bang style showers ...

And it was real annoying to walk into the offices at Grand Rapids and feel the A/C kicking hard ...But yet the drivers outside are dealing with the heat ,and despite the office people apparntly feeling the need for A/C they did not see a reason the driver should require it.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:19 PM

yes, Big Jeep.....Thank good I never came that far to see their showers. I also remember the signs......Restrooms for office People only. Yeah...I forgot, we drivers are just pigs, arent we??? :roll:
Old 09-17-2008, 03:14 AM
Senior Board Member

I wonder if the driver that was going through the he to she op ever completed it?
Can't help but think of it everytime I see or hear Gainey!
:shock: :shock: :shock: