User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2010, 12:10 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation 1 rear end accident recent 1st in 10 years need help!

i recently had a rear end accident a deer jumped out in front of the trucker in front of me i was about 2 truck lengths behind at night time. no damage to him but alot to my front end. i got a due care and caution ticket. also my company fired me for it. 11/17/2009 been looking for otr driving ever since. 55 apps. later same story. "i'm sorry sir but with a rear end accident we can not give you the time of day." my first accident in 10 years and first ticket. fired and gonna be homeless if i can't find another carrier to work for. does anybody have a list or know where i can find a company that will hire a person with recent rear end accident? please help thank you. also i live in michigan.

Last edited by blindshooter74; 01-11-2010 at 12:13 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:22 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Being that it is so recent you will have an uphill battle. Some of the trucking websites, including this one, has an application you can fill out and it will match you with various carriers. That accident will stick out like a sore thumb. Rear end accidents are particularly troublesome for carriers and insurance companies. My suggestion is to keep trying but you may want to consider alternatives until there is more time since the accident. Any carrier who would consider you will want to see a copy of the accident report.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:31 AM
Rookie

ya i figured that ty gman i got a call today sunday of all days i did not think these companies would be open on sunday. melton called but they did not see my accident right away until she asked. but she was helpful. she gave me 2 names of companies that will hire with a rear end accidnet. im check on it monday. no luck right now. but if anyone else have names they know for sure will hire me please let me know. ty
Old 01-11-2010, 02:03 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Man, I could have told you about a few companies a few years ago. Today? The ones I did know have changed their standards. They're picking out the better choices like never before.