User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2009, 10:23 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Cargill

Does anyone have any information about driving for Cargill, have a very good chance of getting into one of the Divisions of Cargill driving a company truck. Just looking to see if anyone has talked to any of their drivers. From what I remember, they treat their drivers well. They are hiring one driver and the only reason there looking is because one is retiring. I know I haven't seen an ad for them before and they only run 12 trucks. Sounds like very low turnover.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:47 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cueball View Post
Does anyone have any information about driving for Cargill, have a very good chance of getting into one of the Divisions of Cargill driving a company truck. Just looking to see if anyone has talked to any of their drivers. From what I remember, they treat their drivers well. They are hiring one driver and the only reason there looking is because one is retiring. I know I haven't seen an ad for them before and they only run 12 trucks. Sounds like very low turnover.

I haven't talked to any Cargill driver's in a while, but the website say's over 200 trucks and trailers. I don't know if that is just the reefer numbers or if it includes the tanker division, or if it includes the Owner Operater fleet, which is very large.

Cargill Foodservice - Logistics
Old 09-01-2009, 02:03 AM
Rookie

This division used to be a company that they bought, try doing a safestat search for Cargill Kitchen Solutions, That shows 12 trucks, and some pretty impressive safestat scores. Driver SEA of 16.??, and vehicle sSEA of 0. They used to be called Sunny Fresh.

Last edited by Cueball; 09-01-2009 at 02:07 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Rookie

Cueball, how did things turn out for ya at Dayton, are you currently with them?

You're right about Cargill being a tuff nut to crack. They never advertise for driving positions in the Twin Cities / surrounding area, only interns and college grads for their labs and grain commodities.

They use a staffing agency down on Excelsior Blvd for hiring the warehouse / dock work and almost never permanent positions, I've known a couple of temps who got farmed out to them.

As for Sunny Fresh, we used to do backhauls of the liquid and frozen egg products out of the St. Michaels facility when I worked the foodservice industry.

Do you know if its an hourly local position, or hourly / mileage regional driving position?

Wish you the best of luck if you're given the opportunity to drive for them.