User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2008, 12:36 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Well i got 2 calls today

I got a call today from central ref. I talked to a recuiter named Karen A. and she said they with my recent 1 yr. exp. they would take me as a short term trainee, i told her i would want to spend 2 weeks with a trainer just to get the hang of things company wise but she also said i could just go solo if i wanted after a road test and what not. But i told her i would just rather spend the 2 weeks with someone just to get a hang of things. I did put apps in with other companies but they wont accept my experience which is weird because its not really otr or local work if that makes sense at all.

I also got a call from my old school CR England and they said i could come back at any time and do the same as central programs. I told my recuiter that i would be in touch if other things didnt pan out.

I do know that both companies are not perfect by what some have said and what can be found on ripoffreport.com with that being said i know everything is face value on what you hear per say. You know i cant really say anything bad about england expect for the old school director that is no longer in charge and left a bad taste in my mouth about going home after school for a few days. Had she been okay with that i'd probably still be there to this day but who knows really. Central well i cant say anything about them cause i havent worked there and only know from what people say on here and other forums.

What do you guys think honestly.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:46 AM
Default Re: Well i got 2 calls today

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightlighting
I got a call today from central ref. I talked to a recuiter named Karen A. and she said they with my recent 1 yr. exp. they would take me as a short term trainee, i told her i would want to spend 2 weeks with a trainer just to get the hang of things company wise but she also said i could just go solo if i wanted after a road test and what not. But i told her i would just rather spend the 2 weeks with someone just to get a hang of things. I did put apps in with other companies but they wont accept my experience which is weird because its not really otr or local work if that makes sense at all.

I also got a call from my old school CR England and they said i could come back at any time and do the same as central programs. I told my recuiter that i would be in touch if other things didnt pan out.

I do know that both companies are not perfect by what some have said and what can be found on ripoffreport.com with that being said i know everything is face value on what you hear per say. You know i cant really say anything bad about england expect for the old school director that is no longer in charge and left a bad taste in my mouth about going home after school for a few days. Had she been okay with that i'd probably still be there to this day but who knows really. Central well i cant say anything about them cause i havent worked there and only know from what people say on here and other forums.

What do you guys think honestly.
Seems like youre headed for self destruction with the two companies youve named.They are pretty much identical,england a little worse,especially with their no lube fleece plan. Those 2 companies are literally less than 50 feet from each other in SLC.None the less Good Luck! if it was me id explore other companies.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:04 AM

I have talked to several and they all say since i really dont do otr driving that there in nothing they can do which i feel is crap but what do you do.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Midnightlighting, with the way things are in the overall economy, if all you're getting right now is 2-offers, you may want to take either one.

Whoever you go with, learn their system...well. Over time, if you can live with it -- great! If not -- move on. Bottom line: always learn from your experiences -- the good and the not so good. Eventually, you'll arrive at a place that will suit you more than less.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:10 AM

Quote:
I have talked to several and they all say since to really dont do otr driving that there in nothing they can do which i feel is crap but what do you do.
Have u called marten? I no longer drive for them,but theyre def a better choice than the two u named.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:29 AM

I'm checking them out right now. App is now in their hands and should hear from them in 48 hours
Old 06-27-2008, 05:53 AM
Board Regular

Every
New
Graduate
Lasts
About
Ninety
Days

You have to survive somewhere until you have the verified miles to go to a good company. I personally beat the bushes and found a small fleet in my area that would give me a job. My first boss was a great guy and was happy to get an honest, if inexperienced, driver. He has given me great references for every subsequent move up the ladder.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:39 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
I have talked to several and they all say since i really dont do otr driving that there in nothing they can do which i feel is crap but what do you do.
Is that rap?
Old 06-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Rookie

I'd go with Central. Its a better company. I'm suprised Karen still works there. I worked there a couple years ago and was very happy with the company. As for CR England, you couldnt pay me to go back there.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesRosenow
I'd go with Central. Its a better company. I'm suprised Karen still works there. I worked there a couple years ago and was very happy with the company. As for CR England, you couldnt pay me to go back there.
Are you a recruiter? Because I know someone with that same name who used to recruit for CR england,and later switched to central.He has an ad that runs in the paper every now and again. Maybe just a coincidence....