User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2008, 04:25 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Marathon Oil

I have an interview with Marathon Wednesday morning for a gas tanker gig. Does anyone have any info regarding pay, bennies, work schedules, or any other relevant information? Any advice on interviewing for such a position?

Thx
Old 06-23-2008, 04:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Most fuel and oil distributors are actually independent companies even though they may say Marathon, Shell, etc on the side of the truck.

Only advice I can give you is to not walk into the interview smoking. :wink:
Old 06-23-2008, 04:43 AM
Senior Board Member

This is actually Marathon Petroleum Company that I will interview with.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:45 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Marathon Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan
I have an interview with Marathon Wednesday morning for a gas tanker gig. Does anyone have any info regarding pay, bennies, work schedules, or any other relevant information? Any advice on interviewing for such a position?
Thx

Yes. You will work 80-100, log 70, paid for 50. All CPM pay. No layover pay. Just another coolie carrier. Just kidding........

PM me. I have been working out of Speedway for a couple of years.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Quote:

Thx
From what I have learned the pay and bennies are top notch. The thing I dont like is the new guy usually works weekends and gets two days off during the week. It's a 7/24 operation and it takes years to get off weekends. I'm not willing to do that so that's why I work in LTL, otherwise it's a good job. Let us know.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman7
Quote:

Thx
From what I have learned the pay and bennies are top notch. The thing I dont like is the new guy usually works weekends and gets two days off during the week. It's a 7/24 operation and it takes years to get off weekends. I'm not willing to do that so that's why I work in LTL, otherwise it's a good job. Let us know.
That is true for the gas haulers...at any Oil company. If CF were to take a job driving in the chemical tank division..he would have weekends at home..but would have to expect to spend at least 2 nights out on the road each week. If he like driving KW's and Pete's, he will like that side of Marathon...they just started buying Pete 386's.
Regardless..he is interviewing for one of the better oil companies to work for...and I wish him luck...whichever fleet he drives for, if he get's offered a job.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:08 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
That is true for the gas haulers...at any Oil company. If CF were to take a job driving in the chemical tank division..he would have weekends at home..but would have to expect to spend at least 2 nights out on the road each week. If he like driving KW's and Pete's, he will like that side of Marathon...they just started buying Pete 386's.
Regardless..he is interviewing for one of the better oil companies to work for...and I wish him luck...whichever fleet he drives for, if he get's offered a job.
He is interviewing for local Stan. They have a few OTR drivers, but are hiring local.

Yeah, the new Pete's look nice. They started buying them because (according to my reliable :wink: insiders) KW could not timely fill their orders.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:15 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
He is interviewing for local Stan. They have a few OTR drivers, but are hiring local.

Yeah, the new Pete's look nice. They started buying them because (according to my reliable :wink: insiders) KW could not timely fill their orders.
I've gotten to know a couple of the drivers out of Ashland and Louisville KY...very satisfied drivers. One hauls gas out of Ashland..the others haul chem's. One in Ashland and one out of Louisville. All of them have tried to get me to sell my tractor and hire on with Marathon.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Thank you for the replies and the encouragement. Are the Marathon drivers union?
Old 06-26-2008, 02:56 AM
Senior Board Member

I interviewed with Marathon today. The manager said he was very impressed and said I was in the top 10 of the 90+ applicants.

However, I was niether impressed with their pay plan nor their benefit package. I was pretty stunned after all of the great things I've heard about them. I'll just stay where I'm at for now.