User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default How to Put'em Outta Business

Now that I know what I know about the trucking industry, since I have a CDL, graduated from a PTDIA school that was the pits anyway, then got three months' experience with trainers who couldn't care less if they taught me anything or not, except how to accept various kinds of abuse if I wanted to keep the job -- well, I would hope that every experienced driver out there would LEAVE THESE BIG COMPANIES, as a protest. If you can get a good job elsewhere, just realize YOU are the ones supporting these outfits. If the only drivers they have are the ignorant kids, they will go out of business so fast with criminal lawsuits and accident claims it won't be funny. The roads have never been so dangerous, because these rookie truck drivers are pushing their luck. Even the ones who have been driving for a year are a hazard, as I'm sure the knowledgeable people on this board realize. If all the decent veterans, and there aren't that many still doing these gigs anyway, left SWIFT, WERNER, PAM, COVENANT, PRIME, USXPRESS, and all the rest of them, that is the only thing that would wake them up. Word-of-mouth has spread far and wide in the past few years. These companies can't survive. Sure, they're looking to hook up with Mexican transports and hire Mexican drivers. They're committing suicide. The other avenue for action is to CONTACT THE SHIPPERS AND THE NEWSPAPERS IN THE SHIPPERS' HOMETOWNS. Raise a stink about safety. Get the statistics. Put these jokers in jail for negligence, where they belong.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:00 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

So, you're advocating that every driver out there leave their company in protest because of the issues that YOU have been having?

That makes sense. :roll:

You've been on this website for a long time. Don't you think you should try making a positive post about something someday?

:roll:

Old 02-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
So, you're advocating that every driver out there leave their company in protest because of the issues that YOU have been having?

Glad I read this before I left for work, I guess now I dont have to go

3That makes sense. :roll:

You've been on this website for a long time. Don't you think you should try making a positive post about something someday?

:roll:
Old 02-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: How to Put'em Outta Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shebear
Now that I know what I know about the trucking industry, since I have a CDL, graduated from a PTDIA school that was the pits anyway, then got three months' experience with trainers who couldn't care less if they taught me anything or not, except how to accept various kinds of abuse if I wanted to keep the job -- well, I would hope that every experienced driver out there would LEAVE THESE BIG COMPANIES, as a protest. If you can get a good job elsewhere, just realize YOU are the ones supporting these outfits. If the only drivers they have are the ignorant kids, they will go out of business so fast with criminal lawsuits and accident claims it won't be funny. The roads have never been so dangerous, because these rookie truck drivers are pushing their luck. Even the ones who have been driving for a year are a hazard, as I'm sure the knowledgeable people on this board realize. If all the decent veterans, and there aren't that many still doing these gigs anyway, left SWIFT, WERNER, PAM, COVENANT, PRIME, USXPRESS, and all the rest of them, that is the only thing that would wake them up. Word-of-mouth has spread far and wide in the past few years. These companies can't survive. Sure, they're looking to hook up with Mexican transports and hire Mexican drivers. They're committing suicide. The other avenue for action is to CONTACT THE SHIPPERS AND THE NEWSPAPERS IN THE SHIPPERS' HOMETOWNS. Raise a stink about safety. Get the statistics. Put these jokers in jail for negligence, where they belong.

PLEASE!!! Tell me this is a joke. Tell me you are really a troll. You have been on this board for about a year and a half. You have been thru how many schools? How many trainers? If you haven't figured it out by now... THIS INDUSTRY IS NOT FOR YOU!!!! Go camp out with Cindy in front of Bushs' ranch in Crawford, Tx. I'm sure that you and her and those three other moon-bats can make a BIG difference in the world. :roll:
Old 02-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: How to Put'em Outta Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shebear
..I see the sentiment in your post ...but other than that you are pushing a rope... capitalsim...has never had a conscience....nor any other 'isms' for that matter
Old 02-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Senior Board Member

What in hell is a 'Moon Bat'

:lol:
Old 02-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Moonbat (also "barking moonbat" and "moonbat crazy") is a term often used currently in U.S. politics as a political epithet referring to anyone that is liberal or on the left. "These people wear winter clothes in the summer".
Characterized by men in ponytails, sandals with socks. Women with armpit hair and mullet haircuts
Often seen at global warming marches that take place during snowstorms.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Senior Board Member

thanks SD for the info on moonbats, but who the h%ll is Cindy and why's she hanging out at the Bush ranch??
Shebear, I think it might be time for you to move on , If your not happy doing what your doing why keep doing it?
Old 02-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete
thanks SD for the info on moonbats, but who the h%ll is Cindy and why's she hanging out at the Bush ranch??
Shebear, I think it might be time for you to move on , If your not happy doing what your doing why keep doing it?
Cindy Sheehan
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia-

Cindy Lee Miller Sheehan (born July 10, 1957) is an American anti-war activist, whose son, Casey, was killed during his service in the Iraq War on April 4, 2004. She attracted international attention in August 2005 for her extended demonstration at a camp outside President George W. Bush's Texas ranch garnering her both support and criticism. In May 2007, Sheehan officially ended her involvement as an anti-war activist, saying "I am going to go home and be a mother to my surviving children and try to regain some of what I have lost."[1] On July 8, 2007, in the wake of Bush's reduction of the sentence of Scooter Libby, Sheehan announced that she plans to challenge Speaker Nancy Pelosi should Pelosi fail to introduce articles of impeachment against Bush.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Is his grave still unmarked or did she finally find some time to getting him a headstone?