Hope all is well with them....
Old 06-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hello Truck Preacher!

It is good to see you around here. I did not think there would be a lot of interest in the thread since my husband is more regional. Sometimes I really miss it and the people on CAD.

He is doing fine at System Transport. He just had his clutch worked on this weekend. He is picking up in Spokane today and will be heading down to Oregon.

As far as things go for me I am not working right now. The kids are off for the summer except my son he is working and many days they have had him working eight hour days. He was the first one they hired on at the local water park were he worked last year.

The last three weeks I have been hanging on a teter totter with my step mother. She had a heart attack and did not know it and she went to the hospital about a week later. The damage to her heart was very bad. She agreed to the surgery but now she has about only one half of her heart.
She is on dialysis and and a ventilator at night. She is now refusing dialysis in the hopes that her kidneys kick back in. If they do not I do not know whether she will allow dialysis or not :sad: She also has a trach which is suppose to temporary.

There have been many days in which I thought I may have to hop on a plane to go down for her service. It is still a day to day situation with her but things are looking up. I know she has missed my dad very much since he passed away in 2004.

Earlier this year we got to see our first moose around here and now she is back with her baby. They are an incredible sight to see.

We just celebrated my husbands birthday this weekend his parents came in from Missouri.

How are things going with you? I hope all is well with you.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 06-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Senior Board Member

:cry: :cry: I just called the hospital and my stepbrother said she may be hours away from death.

Yesterday they took her outside in a wheel chair and she got to feel the wind and the sun for one last time.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 06-23-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
:cry: :cry: I just called the hospital and my stepbrother said she may be hours away from death.

Yesterday they took her outside in a wheel chair and she got to feel the wind and the sun for one last time.

Goin Fer It's Wife

So sorry to hear this....you will be in my prayers
Old 06-24-2008, 04:48 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJ81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It

Goin Fer It's Wife

So sorry to hear this....you will be in my prayers
Thank you very much for your prayers. I appreciate them. I am still just waiting for the call. It is hard being so far away and just waiting.

They moved her to another floor so she can be comfortable while she is dying. They have her off all machines and sedated.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 06-24-2008, 11:49 PM
Board Regular

I am not a religious person, but I wish you the strength to get through this and I am glad you are both well. (and it's real good to hear from you-finally). I see I'm not the only one around here that was wondering....I am currently un-employed, Savage laid off in the Reno/Sparks area and am looking at some other tank outfits for part time gigs. Maybe KAG, who knows, the economy kind of bites right now. Just collecting my pension check (and at $4.75 a gallon it is rapidly getting "thinner") and watching the grass grow, bored out of my skull....
Old 06-25-2008, 04:55 AM
Senior Board Member

say it for your mom..and yourself...god bless...

The Miracle Prayer

Lord Jesus, l come before You, just as I am. I am sorry for my sins, I repent of my sins, please forgive me In Your name, I forgive all others for what they have done against me. I renounce Satan, the evil spirits and all their works. l give You my entire self. Lord Jesus, now and forever, I invite You into my life Jesus, I accept You as my Lord, God and Saviour. Heal me, change me, strengthen me in body, soul and spirit.

Come Lord Jesus cover me with Your precious blood, and fill me with Your Holy Spirit, I love You Lord Jesus. I praise You Jesus. I thank You Jesus. I shall follow You every day of my life. Amen.

Mary my mother, Queen of Peace, St. Peregrine, the cancer saint, all you angels and Saints please help me. Amen.

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
Mother Teresa

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. CHESTERTON

"Qui non intelligit aut discat aut taceat"
Who does not understand should either learn, or be silent.
The Mark Levin Show
Old 06-25-2008, 05:06 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feederfred
I am not a religious person, but I wish you the strength to get through this and I am glad you are both well. (and it's real good to hear from you-finally). I see I'm not the only one around here that was wondering....I am currently un-employed, Savage laid off in the Reno/Sparks area and am looking at some other tank outfits for part time gigs. Maybe KAG, who knows, the economy kind of bites right now. Just collecting my pension check (and at $4.75 a gallon it is rapidly getting "thinner") and watching the grass grow, bored out of my skull....
Feederfred.

It is so very good to hear from you and see that you are still around! Maybe I will revive the old thread I miss you guys. I just do not want it to be too boring!

I am sorry to hear that you are no longer employed. Now (NAG ON) You need to find SOMETHING to keep you busy. A hobby, volunteer, or a project around the house. I do not want you to get old before your time! Heck get a distilling permit and find us a way to make cheap ethanol! :lol: (NAG OFF)

Thank you once again for your well wishes. My Step mom is still alive. This is horrible just waiting. It is so morbid just waiting for some one to die :cry: I wish her body would shut down faster than it is. Without the ventilator and dialysis it is going to happen at this point it is just a matter of when.

I will be in the Ventura area for the service. Oh no heat and smog! And I am no longer use to those crazy drivers down there. Yikes :shock:

Take Care,
Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 06-25-2008, 07:14 AM
Board Regular

you have a PM

No worries for the heat, it's cooling down... was nice today, 90's here. Better then 118 in the desert where I was watching the kid play a double header baseball game.

SMOG ? what's that? CARB has taken care of that issue. I'm still waiting for the law that comes out saying you can't BBQ with charcoal anymore and then who's going to enforce that one....?

Traffic... everybody that moved here in the 70's needs to go back to wherever they came from, take the movie stars with them. rant off :shock: sorry just flipping through TV channels.. ops:

I'l give you a buzz in the am.

pb
Old 06-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Board Regular

GFIW, I'm touched.....Hey isn't distilling "ethanol" called "moonshining" ?? Ah my new hobby...LOL!