View Poll Results: Now that roehl jerked me around, who would you go to work for that sponsors training or would you go
Swift 5 38.46%
PAM 0 0%
USA Truck(going though their recruiter) 2 15.38%
Prime 2 15.38%
USA truck through (Driver solutions) 1 7.69%
AllState Career 1 7.69%
North American trade schools 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2007, 04:14 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default i cant believe roehl

I finally got a hold of the person who had my app at roehl after 3 weeks of calling them . Then they tell me that thye wont even consider my app for their school and for a prehire because of an rear end accident(in personal vehicle) with only damage to my vehicle toaling 1200 dollars about .

I am pretty ticked for 2 reasons. number one it took 3 weeks to get a hold the person who had my app. number 2 I cant believe 1 small accident in my personal vehicle in 5 years is such a big deal to disqualify me from employment for 5 years. No one in this world is perfect. it was like talking to schneider all over again. I guess they really dont need drivers that bad. If they didnt want to talk to me they could have just left a message stating that they were not interested and I would have been fine with that.

Now my decision is back to square one, which company is the best out of these. I know they all arent but my first choice is now gone.

swift
pam
USA truck
prime
cfi( i dont know if they would approve me for their program plus i would need to get a loan for my portion)
all state career
north american trade schools
Old 09-11-2007, 04:31 AM
Senior Board Member

When I was in CDL school, our instructor told us that Roehl is notoriously slow at processing apps and that they would check your credit. (The credit part didn't worry me at all) I applied while I was in school, went to Maverick, went through orientation and out with a trainer all without ever hearing anything back from Roehl. After I had been on my own at Maverick for 2 months I get an email from someone at Roehl asking me to call him to set up orientation. I respectfully declined and told him I was content with my current employer. I never asked why it took so long, but I did recall that my instrutor forewarned us of this. With all that said, I haven't heard much bad at all about Roehl.

Not sure how long ago your accident was, but all companies have different standards on what your MVR is allowed to look like. Not implying that you have bad credit, but maybe they saw something else that they didn't like and just used the accident as the excuse not to hire you? I know that they did check my credit because it showed up on my credit report as an inquiry. For the record, TMC checked it as well.

I'm a big fan of getting the CDL on your own without being financially strapped to any employer, but if I had to choose from your list I would pick CFI. Just my opinion.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:38 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

It's the rear-end accident and today's litigation-happy society that looks at the trucking industry as a potential winning lottery ticket. If they hired you and you were in a rear-ender, even a comparitively minor one, they'd be on the hook for millions. That's just the way it is.

Old 09-11-2007, 01:03 PM
Board Regular

would cfi take me with a minor accident( personal vehicle) ?if they wont take out of my choices who would you go with?

the part thats disturbing is si h eard from someone that usa will take you with like 2 or 3 accidents
Old 09-11-2007, 01:16 PM

The recruiters have guidelines to go by.If they see a rear end collision and that is a disqualifer then it ends there.It might help if you can get hold of someone in safety and tell them your story.Depending on the circumstances they sometimes will approve it and send your application on through. Would be worth a shot.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Board Regular

i told them the details. no tickets issued, no bodily injury and no damage to the other parties vehicle and they still didnt care

what you think of FFE or CRT?
Old 09-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Rookie

not proud of it , but i rear ended a car in a swift truck . i thought i would be terminated on the spot but nobody was injured and no tow trucks needed to be called . they told me get the report and keep on going.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Senior Board Member

Of the choices you gave, I would go with Swift. Plus, the Swift schools are PTDI certified. The rest on your list(except CFI) are the worst of the worst. Total bottom feeders. PAM, USA Truck, FFE and CRST are terrible. Prime isn't too bad, but their CDL training school and OTR training has you teaming with a trainer for 4 months. No thanks.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Board Regular

also i found out today that if you fill an app on usa truck's website and you talk to the recruiter she basically tells you to call c1 or driver solutions
Old 09-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpapa7272
also i found out today that if you fill an app on usa truck's website and you talk to the recruiter she basically tells you to call c1 or driver solutions
Well I know here in Texas, USA Truck will send you to a school in Weatherford, TX. Drivers Solutions is a completely seperate recruiting/training company. Try calling back and talking to a different recruiter.