User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default question about ability to get another job

I came off the road in July due to family problems and could not return the truck to the closest terminal. I got into a flease deal and couldnt afford the fuel to take the truck to them. I let them know this and they said they would just come get it. and they did. I am not quite ready to go back to the road just yet, took a good paying local gig (not tractor trailer)to regain our financial stability after getting into debt with a lease. I plan on getting a year with this company before leaving back for the road. my ultimate question is am I going to be able to get another job with this Repo of sorts on my record. first one and only 2 violations (seatbelt, inop headlight) 3+ years driving otr but will have a year off the road. Wanting to go back into reefers or flats.

this may be hard to follow but i think i got my ideas across any help would be greatly appreciated. feel free to move in not right area
Old 01-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Senior Board Member

How much trouble you are going to have will depend on what exactly your last company has reported.

A "repo" is not going to be hard to overcome, so long as you will be applying for a company job,

On the other hand if they list it as a truck abandonment this is going to be a difficult situation to overcome.

I suggest you contact DAC/USIS and ask for a copy of your employment record and see what is listed on there and then be sure to mark down on your applications what shows on the DAC.

If the company this happened at does not report to DAC then what you will need to do is talk to the recruiters at every company you apply to as well as make a note on your applications about what happened.