User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Back into the game

Hello to all.

Just was looking for some good advie getting back into the OTR game again. I have been out of it for close 4yrs and hoping to get some leads on good companies. I have 6yrs driving but no recent OTR as I was local. I have tanker and Double/Triples endorsements, pefect MVR and criminal background. I am hoping to get some heads up on companies that are worthwhile and ones to stay away from. Been Offered jobs with Jim Palmer, Wylie, CFI (conway) so far. I have used CAD, Layover.com, and Bubba Junk to try and research, but best advice is from fellow drivers. Would appreciate any and all feedback.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Rookie

almost 24 hrs later and no one was able to offer any advice? Well, I guess I was hoping for bettter results. myabe due to my lack of info on the original, but not really sure what else to write. I am looking to make a decision in the next 3-4 days so any inf in the next day or d2 would be great.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:50 PM
PA
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Don't know about the company(s) you want to know about.
Check out their web sites or do a search here.
Reply Submitted
Old 12-13-2007, 03:13 PM
Rookie

Alright, for starters as mentioned in initial post. Jim palmer, CFI, and E W Wiley have all offered me a position. And now most recently Sherman Brothers (SBI).

I have never done much flatbed so was looking to give it a shot, but rather hesitant due to almost all of my exp comes from van. I am not worried about hometime at all. I just want decent miles, nice truck, and a failry good rounded pay package.

I have been to dozens of the company sites to get their information but was more looking to drivers that could recommend either their companies or companies that friends work for. I have not been OTR for over 4 yrs, so my interaction with road drivers is nil.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Board Regular

Talk to Sherman bros., or Central Oregon trucking, or Systems trans, they might be able to set you up. I have never worked for any of em, but have run with some of their drivers in times past and they seemed pretty happy with em. You might even call Hi-Ball and talk to marshall
Old 12-13-2007, 11:18 PM
Board Regular
Default truck co

Hi was just lookin and saw you were lookin to get back into truckin again and wanted some info on decent truck companies. Well I drove otr for Interstate Dist. Co. and I noticed your in San Diego, right?? Anyways they have a terminal in Fontana, Ca not too far from you, but about them they pay decent and they give you a lot of miles at least when I was with them they did, I loved their equipment either freightliner columbias or Volvos, solos get Volvos. They got quit a few terminals here on the west coast and as far east as Findlay Ohio. Honestly the only thing I didnt really like about it is that their truck fleet is ALL automatics and ya your spoiled driving autos while your with them but then like me you get a local driving job and your kinda rusty at shifting with the manual but I guess its not too bad. Anyways just thought I would preach to u a little about them oh and also their trucks are governed 68-72 mph so u wont be playin tag with Swift and Schneider!! So good luck hopefully I enlightned u about1% more than u were, good luck!!