User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default us xpress dedicated accounts

Can anyone tell me anything about their Dollar General or Dollar tree account? Any info would be nice good or bad.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Generally speaking, either one will put your driving skills to the test.

Dollar Trees and Dollar General stores are typically located in either strip malls or in their own buildings on very tiny lots.

Dollar General for sure is a driver unload at every stop. I do not know about Dollar Tree.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Board Regular

a couple weeks ago i talked to a USX driver doing the DG account in Indiana area around Ft.Wayne he told me he loved the account,he did say if you cannot back at all when you get on the account that you will be be a expert very soon at backing.Some of the stores ya have to back into it is hard to put a mini-cooper in much less a big truck,he told me piece wise typcailly on his runs it avg's. from 750-900 per store some will get more he has one that gets 1,400 every week.Hope that helps you some.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Board Regular

The Dollar Generals are driver unloads and the pay is $90 for unloading the trailer. All the merchandise is stacked floor to ceiling with the stuff at the bottom being in roll containers with the other stuff stacked on top in toots. All the dollar General trailers have lift gates to put the containers on and then you have to roll them into the store. Not a bad account to be on depending on where you live at. Here in Ohio we have guys running up to New York 3 times a week that are pulling in around $1400-$1500 a week but you definetly earn it on the Dollar General. I'm pretty sure the Dollar Tree is driver unload also but don't know anything else about it.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:53 AM
Rookie

Dollar General and Dollar Tree accounts vary. Dollar Generals are usually on rolltainers and pay a flat rate for mileage (based on experience), and depending on which region you are running they pay $90 when the full trailer is unloaded and $15 for every stop that is made. Dollar tree accounts are usually all floor loaded and the unload consists of running boxes down rollers. They usually pay $.32 CPM and $170 when the full trailer is unloaded. Once again, this depends on which region you are running. Dollar Tree drivers are usually home every weekend, Dollar General drivers are home every other weekend (again, depending on the region). I know quite a bit about both accounts, if you have any questions just let me know.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:19 AM

I used to be in US Xpress Recruiting, and am now in Operations. I can tell you first hand that you will either succeed, or bust.

The DG and DT accounts are hard work. Very hard, but pay good.

Just sit down and weigh out the benefits of the run. It's a good bit of heavy lifting, and backing into places I wouldn't be able to position my sons tricycle into lol.

I have guys who make $1,300 on a good week, and some guys who may make $700 a week. I don't recommend it for the weak, but then again I don't recomend going OTR with us if you have bills to pay lol.

Hope this helps your decision.