User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Deans food/dairy/ Bordens

Any one drive a milk truck for this comp. I interviewed for a job with them driving a transport 48 ft trl delivering pallet loads of dairy products to walmarts and large grocerey stores.Unload with electric pallet jacks. 15.07 per hour 40 to 48 hours week. Good benifits. My only hesitation is it is a 60 mile 1 way trip to there location2 hours a day extra and around 20 a day in gas although they have 3 small trucks in my town that are filled by transport trucksthat I could bid for if they open.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Deans food/dairy/ Bordens

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnwiz
Any one drive a milk truck for this comp. I interviewed for a job with them driving a transport 48 ft trl delivering pallet loads of dairy products to walmarts and large grocerey stores.Unload with electric pallet jacks. 15.07 per hour 40 to 48 hours week. Good benifits. My only hesitation is it is a 60 mile 1 way trip to there location2 hours a day extra and around 20 a day in gas although they have 3 small trucks in my town that are filled by transport trucksthat I could bid for if they open.
Never worked for them but I run into them alot at Walmart and the grocery stores around here. Most of the drivers seem happy and have only one complaient; THE START TIME! Around here they roll out from 10PM-2AM to start the day.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 10-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double R
Quote:
Never worked for them but I run into them alot at Walmart and the grocery stores around here. Most of the drivers seem happy and have only one complaient; THE START TIME! Around here they roll out from 10PM-2AM to start the day.
Yeah, that's pretty much status quo for grocery store delivery. The other thing that some companies like to do, like bread companies, is they like to do split days off.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Rookie

Quote:
I have driven a Milk truck in various forms for 14years. The dairy biz is very steady not alot of growth but hey everyone drinks milk. The work can be hard but after you develop your own routine it becomes alot easier. Most of Deans foods companies are union. I dont see much of an advantage other than the retirement. AS a newbie you will probably have your own route but it will be the route no one else wants. Most routes leave early in the morning or late at night It comes down to what you consider night All in all not a bad living Good luck