User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default is swift a good choice?

i am currently enrolled in national tractor trailer school, and i am cautiosly looking into every possible company i can, and trying to do my best research about the trucking industry as far as a rookie goes. i went to a swift seminar at school yesteryday and it seemed all good. i would just like to get some opinions on what you think of swift and if it is a good company to get my feet wet in this industry with!!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Board Regular
Location: NOT TELLING....but it is in the same state that the Ohio State Buckeyes play!!

Welcome to the board

I was in training in 2006 and Swift came in and talked to our class. I went with Scheider and stayed with them for 15 months and took that "1 year experience" and found a home daily job. :P

I never worked for Swift but they are big and must be doing something right, but on these boards I have heard more negative than positive. I am just stating the facts. I am sure their are some happy Swift drivers out there but they have not seemed to make it to this forum.

Good Luck
Old 09-11-2008, 03:19 PM

I started my driving career with SWIFT a little over a year ago, and I can honestly say that I'm happy with the way things are going. I have an awesome driver manager, and the planners always make sure that I get to where I wanna be whenever I have a personal activity planned in a particular state.

My paychecks are usually pretty good. I cleared $41k my first year of being solo. I never have to sit around waiting for a load. There's always another preplan waiting for me before I deliver whichever load I'm on.

I always get home for my home time on time if I wanna take it at home. There's never anyone hounding me about anything. I get plenty of sleep on a daily basis, and I usually have around 14 hours a day of personal time to myself if I can stay on a schedule.

Right now I average between 3,000 to 3,600 miles per week.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos64030
I started my driving career with SWIFT a little over a year ago, and I can honestly say that I'm happy with the way things are going. I have an awesome driver manager, and the planners always make sure that I get to where I wanna be whenever I have a personal activity planned in a particular state.

My paychecks are usually pretty good. I cleared $41k my first year of being solo. I never have to sit around waiting for a load. There's always another preplan waiting for me before I deliver whichever load I'm on.

I always get home for my home time on time if I wanna take it at home. There's never anyone hounding me about anything. I get plenty of sleep on a daily basis, and I usually have around 14 hours a day of personal time to myself if I can stay on a schedule.

Right now I average between 3,000 to 3,600 miles per week.
likewise.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Senior Board Member

i well tell you this.. make sure you are healthy and can pass your phyiscal.. cause even if you have a current dot card they will make you get a new one and if you dont pass... you will be without a job!!

That's the only thing i didn't like about swift, but as far as their operations go.. couldn't tell you
Old 09-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Senior Board Member

I've been with swift since beginning of June, first as a solo and now as a team with my wife. I was with Werner (7 months) and what i've told people is that my entire pay at werner was the same as 2 months at swift. But of course, your experience may be different than mine.