User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Westside Transport Buy Buske?

the other day south of Chicago( I-55 Joliet, Il) I saw a Westside Transport Tractor pulling a Buske trailer-- anyone know of a merger- buy out or anything? Westside recently bought RFK. Anyone know of a Westside-Buske union?
Old 06-29-2008, 01:01 AM
Rookie

if anything buske would probably be the one buying out westside. i think they are a bigger company. i just deliverd a load to a big whs in indianapolis run by buske.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:35 AM
Senior Board Member

According to their web sites West Side is just slightly larger than Buske. 420/350 power units respectively.

With Tom Buske's legal woes of late though he may very well have sold of some equipment at the very least.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
According to their web sites West Side is just slightly larger than Buske. 420/350 power units respectively.

With Tom Buske's legal woes of late though he may very well have sold of some equipment at the very least.
Yeah, that's what I was hearing too from their drivers -- I had been looking at going over to Buske-

plus, their Terminal Burnt down or something-- just one disaster after another-- but Buske runs Reefers+ Dry Vans+ day cabs + warehousing-- I was just wondering Because I live half way between Edwardsville & Ft. Smith-- and my Location was the major problem with working for Westside-
If they did aquire Buske-- it would open up new possibilities for me.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:22 AM
Rookie

Around here in Chicago, I've been seeing alot of different local-ish carriers pulling Buske vans. I've seen maybe 2 Buske FLD's here in the last week. I'd usually see around 20 or so. Just a local observation. I do not see many/any Westside Transport equipment in my area.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Borg, do yourself a favor and stay away from Buske. I worked there for a short time and they are nothing but a bunch of lying, thieving, *&^%^&*.

They only pay lip service to the HOS regs, have a long list of things they will charge, money wise, drivers for, will try to blame you for any damages to the truck even if they were there and recorded when you were assigned the truck, etc.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
Borg, do yourself a favor and stay away from Buske. I worked there for a short time and they are nothing but a bunch of lying, thieving, *&^%^&*.

They only pay lip service to the HOS regs, have a long list of things they will charge, money wise, drivers for, will try to blame you for any damages to the truck even if they were there and recorded when you were assigned the truck, etc.
yeah, I did stay away-- it was 3 years ago and I went with Shaffer instead.

I was just considering the possibility-- if -Westside had bought out control of Buske-- at least those liers & thiefs are one's I know.

I don't mind paying lip service to HOS regs myself as long as there's consistent coin to be made-- and they don't give flak when I decide I'm tired and need a real break.