User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2007, 09:59 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Any help

I drove for Schneider for 5 months. I quit because I was not making any money. I heard/read what others said, 600/700 or more a week. I didn’t bring home a check for mor than 400 the whole time. I done what I was told, I ran hard, stayed out 14-21 days at a time but no money. Most of my miles were short runs here and there, never got detention pays as I should have several times, trucks were junk. I sat in Tunkahonnock Pa. For 5 days waiting on a truck. Anyway I love the freedom of driving, when I’m driving and am going to start a new job on Mon with one of these 2 companies. I was hoping someone had worked for them and had info. I done a search on all web sites I could find but all I could find is basic stuff. Anyway, I like to workout and exercise so I am going to try flatbed this time. I’m suppose to start with TMC , .35 a mile, good benefits, home 46 out of 52 w/e, drive a cool looking Pete or WH Transport, .34 a mile, good benefits, 2 weeks out 2 days in, but WH will pay my Schneider contract of at 125 a week added to my check, WH only has 300 trucks total and only 40 flatbeds, so I will at least be a name and not a number as with SNI. Sorry so long but any info will help. I have to cut one lose by Friday.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Without a doubt, go with TMC.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:17 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Super ModeratorSenior Board Member
Default Re: Any help

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjackdriver
I drove for Schneider for 5 months. I quit because I was not making any money. I heard/read what others said, 600/700 or more a week. I didn’t bring home a check for mor than 400 the whole time. I done what I was told, I ran hard, stayed out 14-21 days at a time but no money. Most of my miles were short runs here and there, never got detention pays as I should have several times, trucks were junk. I sat in Tunkahonnock Pa. For 5 days waiting on a truck. Anyway I love the freedom of driving, when I’m driving and am going to start a new job on Mon with one of these 2 companies. I was hoping someone had worked for them and had info. I done a search on all web sites I could find but all I could find is basic stuff. Anyway, I like to workout and exercise so I am going to try flatbed this time. I’m suppose to start with TMC , .35 a mile, good benefits, home 46 out of 52 w/e, drive a cool looking Pete or WH Transport, .34 a mile, good benefits, 2 weeks out 2 days in, but WH will pay my Schneider contract of at 125 a week added to my check, WH only has 300 trucks total and only 40 flatbeds, so I will at least be a name and not a number as with SNI. Sorry so long but any info will help. I have to cut one lose by Friday.

Who is eptp88 ?

Old 09-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Board Regular

Being on a flat bed really doesn't pay you any more than a dry van, averaged out over time. If you want flat bed, TMC is a great company.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:19 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece Of Work
Being on a flat bed really doesn't pay you any more than a dry van, averaged out over time. If you want flat bed, TMC is a great company.
Why would he NOT want flatbed? :roll: